g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

U18s: United vs Everton

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Saturday 4 May
11:00 BST
Live on MUTV

Our last game before the final. We beat them 2-0 away with early goals from Scanlon and Biancheri.

Based on the U21s’ lineup tonight it’ll be a strong team tomorrow with Harrison, McAllister, Biancheri, Kamason, Devaney etc. in the squad, probably starting.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Wasn't it reported here that Siem is leaving?

top1whoisman

Scout
Wasn't it reported here that Siem is leaving?
Yes there’s been some talk about it. Wouldn’t be the first time a club tries to convince a player to stay by playing them up an age group. But we also don’t have that many strikers available. Hope he gets on regardless.

Gungerz

I'm fairly sure he was on trial at Sheffield United recently, so he would've been released. But, as if often the case, he'll keep playing for the club up until the end of the season.

top1whoisman

Scout
I'm fairly sure he was on trial at Sheffield United recently, so he would've been released. But, as if often the case, he'll keep playing for the club up until the end of the season.
If it wasn’t for the Albert Phelan Cup final tomorrow I wonder if we could’ve seen JJ or Rooney in the squad today instead.

Gungerz

Confirmation today is also the U16s last game of the season, so an U18 debut would be a nice send off for Abraha.

Bertie Wooster

If it wasn’t for the Albert Phelan Cup final tomorrow I wonder if we could’ve seen JJ or Rooney in the squad today instead.
Has Louie Bradbury been released, or is he injured? If he's still here and fit I'd have thought he'd have been in contention for an appearance as well as a player who's apparently being released or players from age groups below (Rooney or Gabriel)?

Gungerz

Has Louie Bradbury been released, or is he injured? If he's still here and fit I'd have thought he'd have been in contention for an appearance as well as a player who's apparently being released or players from age groups below (Rooney or Gabriel)?
Bradbury's still here but he's an U15 which is probably why you haven't seen him in any U18 squads. Will probably be involved a bit next season.

top1whoisman

Scout
Yeah he’d probably be ahead of Rooney. Just thought it’d be possible to see JJ make a debut as he’s been around the U18s squad recently.

Bertie Wooster

Bradbury's still here but he's an U15 which is probably why you haven't seen him in any U18 squads. Will probably be involved a bit next season.
Ah, thanks. I thought he was a year older than that. Makes sense then.

Bertie Wooster

Where’s Harrison?
Yeah, surprisingly not to see him in either of the U21 or U18 squads.

He could be included in the senior squad I suppose? But as he'd be unlikely to feature I'd have still expected him to play last night for the U21's. Hope he hasn't picked up an injury playing so soon after that nasty collision?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Leighton Baines is their manager?

Connor C

Armer has been quality in this opening half an hour or so. Can’t quite work out what foot is his strongest but his ball playing is impressive with both feet

top1whoisman

Scout
Armer has been quality in this opening half an hour or so. Can’t quite work out what foot is his strongest but his ball playing is impressive with both feet
Very good defending forward so far. Looks like he’s going with his left as default but comfortable with both feet.

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
Yeah his passing is surprisingly good

top1whoisman

Scout
Devaney has been very strong in midfield again. When him and McAllister sit at the bottom of that midfield they must be horrible to play against.

top1whoisman

Scout
Looking at Everton’s build-up I’m not surprised their season has gone the way it has. So many sloppy passes and touches.

lysglimt

Scout
Poor from Myles - he needs to save that on his near post

lysglimt

Scout
2-1 Biancheri. Another low cross - this time from Curley - and Biacheri ghosts in and taps it home at the near post. These are the kind of goals I want to see from Wheatley

top1whoisman

Scout
HT 2-1

A decent half from United. Dominant really when you think about it. Just need a bit more imagination in the final third.

saik

Well worked goal by us. That pass from Devaney into the box was brilliant. Biancheri is a real fox in the box. He scored so many of those type of goals.

top1whoisman

Scout
Well worked goal by us. That pass from Devaney into the box was brilliant. Biancheri is a real fox in the box. He scored so many of those type of goals.
There’s something Chicharito-esque in his game. Obviously apart from the aerial part which Chicha was an expert on.

Edit: Similar minds @khoazany :lol:

ariel

Very good defending forward so far. Looks like he’s going with his left as default but comfortable with both feet.
He is left footed, but plays well with both feet. Must admit that from the little I've seen from him this season he has very impressed. Always calm, nice passes and big and strong, though he is younger than the rest.

ariel

This team never ceases to amaze me - changing and chopping and yet keep playing as an oiled unit, no matter who's out there