U18s: United vs Nottingham Forest

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
A lot of spirit in the 2nd half to get the goals and finish well on top despite the 10 men.

Despite coming off a while before the end I still think Curley was our best player today and McAllister after him
Yeah he was the only one who could keep hold of the ball in the first half. Could’ve been more than 1-0 at HT if it wasn’t for him.

PS18

It's being commentated from OT.
Makes sense, but did they not think (or I guess care) that this might be an issue once Alan Keegan started doing his thing at OT? If they're just commentating off TV pictures then stick them in a moderately soundproof room or something.

Mickson

But bookings at this level usually requires homicides. I have never understood why the levels for bookings should be so much higher at this level
Exactly, most of the bookings were fine today. I think the ref had a good game. It's silly to criticize him, and then hail the refs who let players get away with murder because "he is consistent and fair". Players need to learn, IMO that's why Hannibal, Gore etc often get carded at first-team level.

PS18

Anyway - brilliant win that. Far more to take from that in its own way than the three thrashings we've dished out before it. Real character and commitment second-half - rarely looked like a team down to ten men and finished as the stronger team, even with the U16 lads on. Deserved the points in the end.

ariel

Great performance in the second half. The last 5-10 min we were in complete control.
Curley and McAllister were the best of the lot.

Though I must say our play out of the back was many times too risky/sloppy. It resulted in their penalty and could have been worse.

top1whoisman

Scout
Anyway - brilliant win that. Far more to take from that in its own way than the three thrashings we've dished out before it. Real character and commitment second-half - rarely looked like a team down to ten men and finished as the stronger team, even with the U16 lads on. Deserved the points in the end.
Definitely. You learn more when really stretched and challenged.

top1whoisman

Scout
The match-winning moment from 15-year old Jim Thwaites. Missin owes him a be… soda.