U18s: United vs Stoke

Bertie Wooster

Good to see Lacey back with the U18's.

It'll be interesting to see Biancheri again after his goalscoring debut off the bench v Leeds.

Norkett was also back as a sub in that game but not in the squad today - I wonder if he'll be involved with the U21's v City tomorrow while McNeill is at Newport and Hugill getting some game time with Altrincham?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Good to see Lacey back with the U18's.

It'll be interesting to see Biancheri again after his goalscoring debut off the bench v Leeds.

Norkett was also back as a sub in that game but not in the squad today - I wonder if he'll be involved with the U21's v City tomorrow while McNeill is at Newport and Hugill getting some game time with Altrincham?
Let's hope so. I really like Norkett's constant pressing, he must be horrible to play against as a defender. His physique also suits playing against older opponents.

Bertie Wooster

Not an overly entertaining half. We've been Stoke'd.

Promising start, then Stoke have done what they always try to do and turned it into a bitty, stop-start game.

Hope we can win the battle of styles in the 2nd half and make it more of an entertaining, technical game.

top1whoisman

Scout
HT 0-0

Neither team able to create anything dangerous after United had a couple of good chances in the opening minutes. United had more of the ball and were quite good and accurate in their passing but failed to find the last pass/move to cut Stoke open.

top1whoisman

Scout
Ogunneye off at HT, Murray on. Must be an injury issue as Murray surely was there just as an emergency sub, likely to start tomorrow for the U21s.

top1whoisman

Scout
And 20 minutes later Murray comes off with a (neck?) injury. Biancheri on.

Bertie Wooster

Thought Biancheri was going to quickly score from off the bench again - another good save from the keeper.

top1whoisman

Scout
FT 0-0

A decent, competitive game with little end product from either side. Loads of injuries and stoppages in the second half made it a stop-start 45+12 minutes with low tempo.

United miles ahead technically but Stoke defended their box well. Their keeper made a couple of good saves. That being said we should’ve moved the ball quicker and done better in the final third. A lot of crosses into the box but that was pretty much it. Not enough imagination. A frustrating game.

Not many standouts today. Williams was always the one looking to make something happen. Nolan good again. We fed the ball to Lacey well but his decision making and end product let us down a bit. Young and learnin’.

Bertie Wooster

FT 0-0

A decent, competitive game with little end product from either side. Loads of injuries and stoppages in the second half made it a stop-start 45+12 minutes with low tempo.

United miles ahead technically but Stoke defended their box well. Their keeper made a couple of good saves. That being said we should’ve moved the ball quicker and done better in the final third. A lot of crosses into the box but that was pretty much in. Not enough imagination. A frustrating game.

Not many standouts today. Williams was always the one looking to make something happen. Nolan good again. We fed the ball to Lacey well but his decision making and end product let us down a bit. Young and learnin’.
Yep. Good assessment.

top1whoisman

Scout
I like Berry - he is a decent link man
He's very talented. Based on what I had seen of him before, I think he played more on the wing or higher as an AM. Very good on the ball and tidy close control, skillful dribbler of the ball. He's grown and become stronger from what I'd seen before him coming to the U18s. There's a talent there, will be interesting to see how and in which position he develops.