u18s v Stoke

Devil1

BRANDED: Part Time dipper supporter
Savage was outstanding today - his long passes are exceptional for someone so young. And even if I am not convinced he will make it here, I really like Svidersky - he seems to have a superb footballing brain. He is the kind of player who seems smart enough to fill in at many positions
I had never seen him play before- I was expecting him to play like his dad but he was quality!

Mickson

Don't get the "hate" for Hoogewerf. Yes, a little lazy and cocky sometimes but a much better player than Emeran who many raves about. Just look at their point tally.

Great game yesterday. I can't stop thinking about the youth cup though. Hansen, Forson, maybe Hoogewerf should've played that game. Especially Forson has been excellent this season.

Robbo*

I like Hansen in CM. He is able to control tempo quite well and understands how use space in tight positions.
yes he’s looked great since coming back and at his age should develop physically such that he can hold his own in midfield.

Which of the forward players do people think most likely to be knocking on the first team door in a couple of years?

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
yes he’s looked great since coming back and at his age should develop physically such that he can hold his own in midfield.

Which of the forward players do people think most likely to be knocking on the first team door in a couple of years?
I like Hoogewerf. He is developing as is Forson but how many times have we seen highly promising players in the youth ranks fail to transition. James Wilson looked likely at one stage, got injured and never made it. Macheda too, promised a lot, and ultimately failed. McNeil looks good adding assists to his goal poaching abilities but I just feel he is s bit slower than the likes of Marcus and Greenwood.

Bertie Wooster

I like the look of a few of the team - Hardley, Hansen, Savage, McNeill, etc - and I'm looking forward to seeing the highly rated Willy Kambwala when he's fit; but the best U18 attacking options most likely to break into the first team are already with the U23's - Mejbri, Shoretire, Hugill.

Which makes it an even better effort to be top of the U18's league without them. They're a good team to watch, and the results are very good, but I'm not sure if any of the players not already moved to to the U23's individually scream out as being as likely to be near the first team squad within a couple of years as the likes of Shoretire, Mejbri, Hugill, Fish, Fernandez.

Remember the geese

I like the look of a few of the team - Hardley, Hansen, Savage, McNeill, etc - and I'm looking forward to seeing the highly rated Willy Kambwala when he's fit; but the best U18 attacking options most likely to break into the first team are already with the U23's - Mejbri, Shoretire, Hugill.

Which makes it an even better effort to be top of the U18's league without them. They're a good team to watch, and the results are very good, but I'm not sure if any of the players not already moved to to the U23's individually scream out as being as likely to be near the first team squad within a couple of years as the likes of Shoretire, Mejbri, Hugill, Fish, Fernandez.
I have a feeling that Garnacho may surprise a few.