U18's vs Bolton

Einar15

game ended 3-0 for United

scorers: Welbeck, Fagan, Hewson(pen).

Lineup: Amos, Eckersley, Cleverley, Evans, Cathcart, Drinkwater(Eikrem), Welbeck, Hewson, Brandy, Fagan, Galbraith.
Unused subs, Zieler, Derbyshire, Bryan, McCormack

Einar15

Eikrem was ok. i remember i put in a great cross that Brandy should have finished but thats about it, he didn't get much time.

superdave

andersj said:
Why do you care so much about Eikrem?
The thing is people wouldn't think i'm wierd if I was obsessed with David Beckham...but Eikrem will be massive as a player in years to come.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Welbeck is the star of that team. No doubt about that.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Based on what I've seen so far, he's the most promising attacking player in our academy for years.

Einar15

Welbeck is 16 years old, born 26.11.1990 and still able to play for u/16's but has played for u/18's all season, i think that says alot about his ability and how highly is thought of him at United.

and about Eikrem in my opinion he wont make it at United, he's pretty average in the u/18 squad.

PS18

really early to be writing Eikrem off. he's moved to a new country at 16 and had to go through the process of adapting which is hard enough at any age let alone having just left school. now of course he's been diagnosed with diabetes. he's clearly got plenty of talent, his physique's the big concern, but as i think Tony was saying on here not long ago, the coaches are looking longer term with Magnus and don't expect to see him really flourish until 19/20.

M160RA

^

Agreed. A lot off people would've written off Scholes when he was 16, and players like Becks and Gaz weren't standouts in the academy. A lot can happen between the ages of 16 and 20.

Danish Wizard

Yes a lot of things can happen. Just look at Ngalula. He was a great talent, but has been injured for the last couple of years..

julesee

I'm surprised you lot are raving about Wellbeck so much... he looks useful to me but not obviously super-outstanding....admittedly i havent seen his last few games so perhaps I've been missing some great performances... for me Brandy's the star of this team

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
welbeck seems a brilliant prospect at 16. i've been impressed by quite a few of the u18s this season. brandy, hewson and catchcart for instance. can't wait for the youth-cup semis

horselesspaul

Man Utd fan
It's Manchester United, United or Man United.
jules031272 said:
I'm surprised you lot are raving about Wellbeck so much... he looks useful to me but not obviously super-outstanding....admittedly i havent seen his last few games so perhaps I've been missing some great performances... for me Brandy's the star of this team
His last few games have been his first real run in the team and he has been superb, especially as right wing was not really his position previously. Welbeck and Brandy make a good combination, same wavelength and full of snappy attacking ideas.
I am looking forward to seeing them in person at The Effeminates Library on Wednesday.