U18s vs Newcastle

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Lineup: Myles; Ogunneye, Kingdon, Jackson, Amass; Devaney, Fitzgerald; Missin, J. Fletcher, Williams; Musa

0-0 after nearly half an hour played, on MUTV

AltiUn

United been the better team so far but both sides have had an excellent opportunity to score, Williams choked his finish 1 on 1 with the Newcastle keeper.

AltiUn

United starting to find holes now, lacking a bit of end product though. Williams a little bit off it today.

lysglimt

Scout
Probably one of our weakest perfomances of the season - a lot of players looking a few levels below their normal standard. The stand-out player by a mile was Devaney who was outstanding in the last 25 minutes of the half - even Amass was close to his normal standard - and Fitzgerald was good

AltiUn

That’s a great finish by Williams

Gungerz

Great finish but again that was all made by Devaney's pressing. Been everywhere today.

AltiUn

Newcastle look dangerous still, need to focus

saik

Where's Wheatley and Harrison? Also when is Lacey back? Seems like he's been injured a long time now.

AltiUn

Where's Wheatley and Harrison? Also when is Lacey back? Seems like he's been injured a long time now.
Seen someone on Reddit say Lacey’s out till February / March.

AltiUn

United have lost control of this since Devaney went off

AltiUn

That’s an awful goal to concede

saik

Good goal from Missin. Feel like he's a bit lost when he plays on the right. As soon as he goes on the left he scores.

lysglimt

Scout
Newcastle have Emerson and Palmer in their squad -but do they have Lake as well ?

lysglimt

Scout
3-1 Fitzgerald - counter-attack and Fitzgerald and Biancheri come alone with the goalkeeper - Fitzgerald doesnt need Biancheri and slots home

AltiUn

Should be game over, 3-1 United

saik

That should be the game. 11 wins from 11 for the u-18s .:drool:

lysglimt

Scout
If we beat City next weekend - we will practically have won the league after 12 games - I just cant see this team lose an 11 point advantage

AltiUn

A hard fought win in the end, Newcastle made that difficult in the second half. No doubting these lads though. Devaney was my MOTM, everyone was pretty solid though.

KevinJoh

McAllister was with U21 yesterday as well as Harrison and Wheatley from U18 team

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I thought we were brilliant from the 25th minute until the 60th minute outside of the front 3. We had total control, kept possession really well and won the ball back high up pinning Newcastle back. Once Devaney went off we struggled a bit but the mentality to bounce back after the equaliser was very impressive. Fitzgerald, Amass and Devaney the picks for me today.

stealthy

If we beat City next weekend - we will practically have won the league after 12 games - I just cant see this team lose an 11 point advantage
A win next week would be real statement. Will see how seriously they take the league on their selection as they seem to drop 21s players in for youth cup games but not league games. Looking at their 2 youth cup line ups if most of Grant, Samuel, Simpson Pusey, Wright, Ndala, Obovwadoa and Lawrence start then they are definitely not wanting to give up the title. If we beat that lineup they would be hurting.

Gungerz

U16s won their game against Newcastle 4-1. Ibragimov got all 4 :)

Bojan Djordjic

U16s won their game against Newcastle 4-1. Ibragimov got all 4 :)
It really feels like the academy is firing on all cylinders at the moment. Really hope injuries don't decimate this generation like they've done with recent ones and the likes of Lacey, Fletcher, Harrison and Ibragimov could save us tens of millions.

lysglimt

Scout
In my opinion - the only concern I see with this team is that they are not good enough in attack. Which may seem like a strange to say when we score goals for fun....but that's mainly down to everyone in the team contributing. But in a team that dominates so much of the gameplay - it is a bit of a concern that the 3 players we have used as strikers have scored 11 goals combined in 11 matches - and I think 3 of those goals coming from penalties. And to be honest, neither Biancheri, Musa or Wheatley have really impressed me this season. Musa is good at his hold-up play - but he is never in the box to score goals. Biancheri is a bit of the opposite, he looks dangerous in the box but his allround-play is not quite up there, and that is the reason why I think he has been given so few chances.

Imagine this team with a quality striker up front......like a young Greenwood

Bojan Djordjic

In my opinion - the only concern I see with this team is that they are not good enough in attack. Which may seem like a strange to say when we score goals for fun....but that's mainly down to everyone in the team contributing. But in a team that dominates so much of the gameplay - it is a bit of a concern that the 3 players we have used as strikers have scored 11 goals combined in 11 matches - and I think 3 of those goals coming from penalties. And to be honest, neither Biancheri, Musa or Wheatley have really impressed me this season. Musa is good at his hold-up play - but he is never in the box to score goals. Biancheri is a bit of the opposite, he looks dangerous in the box but his allround-play is not quite up there, and that is the reason why I think he has been given so few chances.

We haven't produced a good number 9 since probably Will Keane. Greenwood was obviously class under age but he was unplayable as a 9 at senior level because of his poor box movement.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

I'm a big fan of Williams, he's the one I have high hopes for up front. I do like Biancheri though, bit of a throwback in a way.

Bojan Djordjic

Highlights for anybody interested

I like that so many of the team look like athletes. Seen good United teams in the past get dominated by the likes of Chelsea because they just overwhelmed them with pace and power. Likes of Fitzgerald, Fletcher and Williams all look like they're big and strong and could handle themselves in competitive football.