U21/Reserve Player of the Season

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I should have done this before the official voting, as I suspect many people will just agree with the official vote!

I would still maintain that this season's success is more based on defense than offense, though the final was certainly the exception to the rule. The first half of the season it was Macheda and King who provided most of the goals and assists, but I doubt they will get many votes! It was Wootton and Michael Keane that held down the fort, but they were gone on loan for the second half of the season.

We've struggled for goals at times without Macheda and King, but young Adnan Januzaj stepped up and became the central point of our offense, and recently promoted Tom Lawrence made the most of his chances to give us just enough offense to cross the finish line in first. Meanwhile it was Captain Tom Thorpe and a greatly improved Michele Fornasier who were central to a fantastic defensive run and a large collection of clean sheets.

So let's see your top three for this season, one to remember and for the record books!

1. Tom Thorpe
2. Adnan Januzaj
3. Larnell Cole

Players in order of most appearances (minimum 10):
Larnell COLE
Tom THORPE
Michele FORNASIER
Ryan TUNNICLIFFE
Jesse LINGARD
Marnick VERMIJL
Frederic VESELI
Adnan JANUZAJ
Tom LAWRENCE
Tyler BLACKETT
Charni EKANGAMENE
Sam JOHNSTONE
Reece JAMES
Kiko MACHEDA
Sean MCGINTY
BEBE
Nick POWELL
Michael KEANE
Josh KING
Scott WOOTTON
Davide PETRUCCI
Ben AMOS

Decotron

I think first and second places look after themselves in Thorpe and Januzaj. The third place is a bit tougher. Its between Vermijl/Fornasier/Ekangamene/Lingard imo. Wouldnt have Cole in there personally.

I'll go with;

1. Thorpe
2. Januzaj
3. Vermijl

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Agree^^^

Larnell was pretty quiet but came good when we needed him. Think I would swap Vermijl with Ekangamene. Can easily be over looked in terms of importance but is a good tidy player and that goal against Arsenal :drool:

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Lingard had a very nice contribution as far as goals and assists, he's third in goals with 8 and second in assists with 7, 6 of which came in the U21 competition (which was the most on the team tied with Januzaj). But I had to give the slight nod to Cole for his goals being so crucial.

Code:
| [U]GOALS[/U]              |  [U][B]Total[/B][/U]  |  [U]U21s[/U]  |   [U]FR[/U]   |  [U]MSC[/U]   |  [U]LSC[/U]   |

| Larnell [B]COLE[/B]       |  [B]14[/B]     |   7    |   1    |   4    |   2    |
| Kiko [B]MACHEDA[/B]*      |  [B]10[/B]     |   6    |   2    |   2    |   -    |
| Jesse [B]LINGARD[/B]      |   [B]8[/B]     |   4    |   2    |   2    |   -    |
| [B]BEBE[/B]*              |   [B]5[/B]     |   1    |   2    |   1    |   1    |
| Nick [B]POWELL[/B]        |   [B]5[/B]     |   4    |   -    |   1    |   -    |
| Marnick [B]VERMIJL[/B]    |   [B]5[/B]     |   3    |   -    |   2    |   -    |
| Tom [B]LAWRENCE[/B]       |   [B]4[/B]     |   3    |   -    |   -    |   1    |
| Josh [B]KING[/B]^         |   [B]3[/B]     |   1    |   -    |   1    |   1    |
| Ryan [B]TUNNICLIFFE[/B]   |   [B]3[/B]     |   1    |   1    |   -    |   -    |
| Davide [B]PETRUCCI[/B]*   |   [B]2[/B]     |   1    |   1    |   -    |   -    |
| Angelo [B]HENRIQUEZ[/B]*  |   [B]2[/B]     |   1    |   -    |   1    |   -    |
| Adnan [B]JANUZAJ[/B]      |   [B]2[/B]     |   1    |   -    |   1    |   -    |
| Tom [B]THORPE[/B]         |   [B]2[/B]     |   2    |   -    |   -    |   -    |
| Scott [B]WOOTTON[/B]*     |   [B]1[/B]     |   1    |   -    |   -    |   -    |
| [B]AGNALDO[/B]ª           |   [B]1[/B]     |   -    |   1    |   -    |   -    |
| Frederic [B]VESELI[/B]    |   [B]1[/B]     |   -    |   -    |   -    |   -    |
| Michele [B]FORNASIER[/B]  |   [B]1[/B]     |   1    |   -    |   -    |   -    |
| Sean [B]MCGINTY[/B]       |   [B]1[/B]     |   1    |   -    |   -    |   -    |
| John [B]COFIE[/B]         |   [B]1[/B]     |   1    |   -    |   -    |   -    |
| Charni [B]EKANGAMENE[/B]  |   [B]1[/B]     |   1    |   -    |   -    |   -    |
Code:
| [U]ASSISTS[/U]            |  [U][B]Total[/B][/U]  |  [U]U21s[/U] |   [U]FR[/U]   |  [U]MSC[/U]   |  [U]LSC[/U]   |

| Josh [B]KING[/B]^         |   [B]9[/B]     |   4   |   3    |   1    |   1    |
| Jesse [B]LINGARD[/B]      |   [B]7[/B]     |   6   |   -    |   1    |   -    |
| Adnan [B]JANUZAJ[/B]      |   [B]6[/B]     |   6   |   -    |   -    |   -    |
| Davide [B]PETRUCCI[/B]*   |   [B]5[/B]     |   3   |   1    |   1    |   -    |
| Larnell [B]COLE[/B]       |   [B]5[/B]     |   2   |   1    |   2    |   -    |
| Ryan [B]TUNNICLIFFE[/B]*  |   [B]5[/B]     |   3   |   -    |   2    |   -    |
| Frederic [B]VESELI[/B]    |   [B]4[/B]     |   -   |   1    |   3    |   -    |
| Kiko [B]MACHEDA[/B]*      |   [B]3[/B]     |   1   |   1    |   1    |   -    |
| Marnick [B]VERMIJL[/B]    |   [B]3[/B]     |   2   |   -    |   -    |   1    |
| Tom [B]LAWRENCE[/B]       |   [B]3[/B]     |   3   |   -    |   -    |   -    |
| Tom [B]THORPE[/B]         |   [B]2[/B]     |   1   |   1    |   -    |   -    |
| Nick [B]POWELL[/B]        |   [B]1[/B]     |   1   |   -    |   -    |   -    |
| Angelo [B]HENRIQUEZ[/B]*  |   [B]1[/B]     |   -   |   -    |   1    |   -    |
| Tyler [B]BLACKETT[/B]     |   [B]1[/B]     |   1   |   -    |   -    |   -    |
| Michele [B]FORNASIER[/B]  |   [B]1[/B]     |   1   |   -    |   -    |   -    |
| Gyliano [B]VAN VELZEN[/B] |   [B]1[/B]     |   -   |   -    |   1    |   -    |
| Anders [B]LINDEGAARD[/B]  |   [B]1[/B]     |   1   |   -    |   -    |   -    |
| Reece [B]JAMES[/B]        |   [B]1[/B]     |   1   |   -    |   -    |   -    |
U21s=Under 21 Premier League
FR=Friendlies
MSC=Manchester Senior Cup
LSC=Lancashire Senior Cup

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I think first and second places look after themselves in Thorpe and Januzaj. The third place is a bit tougher. Its between Vermijl/Fornasier/Ekangamene/Lingard imo. Wouldnt have Cole in there personally.

I'll go with;

1. Thorpe
2. Januzaj
3. Vermijl
:) yep!

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Well, if that's all the votes we're gonna get, the winner is Tom Thorpe! I'm sure he'll be very excited to receive this prestigious award

Can someone take a picture of Tom and use MS Paint to give him a little trophy? You know, for the kid's trophy cabinet.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Missed the voting, but would have had Thorpe as top anyway!

Joemo

whistling in the wind
In that case:

- Thorpe
- Januzaj
- Ekangemene

Fornasier unlucky to miss out on third place, I didn't realise he was only 19!