U21s: Manchester United vs Middlesbrough

spenzo

He did feck all last week, it was worse than Rooney. He is meant to be the best talent in the side, you don't bench the best talent in the side, especially when he doesn't even play the same position as Rooney. He was benched for Weir who has outshone him all season. Rothwell fell out with the staff and got to start over him. Love is playing out of position and Redmond is good but is often benched. Andreas was benched because he has fecked around, drifted in and out of games putting up average at best performances and has annoyed the staff.

I question how much you pay attention during the games anyway as you seem to think van Gaal wasn't at the match today.
When was this and according to who?

So it's no longer about football ability anymore but reputation? That fine. It's kinda like United right now isn't it?
And people wonder why we've been so poor this season...

dichinero

He did feck all last week, it was worse than Rooney. He is meant to be the best talent in the side, you don't bench the best talent in the side, especially when he doesn't even play the same position as Rooney. He was benched for Weir who has outshone him all season. Rothwell fell out with the staff and got to start over him. Love is playing out of position and Redmond is good but is often benched. Andreas was benched because he has fecked around, drifted in and out of games putting up average at best performances and has annoyed the staff.

I question how much you pay attention during the games anyway as you seem to think van Gaal wasn't at the match today.
Dude, you are sounding like the best players don't have off games. Chill!

Question all you want about my attention, when you get answers tell me. Of course I knew he was at the game. My comment was just a slight remark to say that LvG is pissed at him, that's all. No need to take it serious.

spenzo

That another indirect. Well, we've been poor without Rooney so...
:lol::lol:

ANOTHER indirect? I haven't done it once, you need to chill out. There's problems beyond Rooney yes, but his and other senior players' entitlement to our starting line up is also one of the largest issues at play with United right now and it's obvious to see.

Last edited:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
his and other senior players' entitlement to our starting line up
Another reason why I fear Giggs taking over. It's not personal; it's just that I've thought things have been too comfortable for some at United - even back in SAF final years, let alone now - leading to complacency and a lack of effort.

spenzo

Another reason why I fear Giggs taking over. It's not personal; it's just that I've thought things are too comfortable for some at United - even back in SAF final years, let alone now - leading to complacency and a lack of effort.
Yeah I completely agree, you can even see it in the punditry of the likes of Scholes and Rio in that they refuse to critique any of the United players that they used to play with. It's understandable but it is no doubt an unhealthy way for the club to carry on, which is why, as you alluded to, Giggs wouldn't be a good appointment at all, at least not for another few years at the very least.

Last edited:

Walters_19_MuFc

Oh this isn't new? Here's me thinking he's just got a problem with me :lol:
If I find something I don't agree with, I'll say something. That applies to ALL players, not just Rooney. Have a look at my content and you'll see that. On this occasion, I didn't agree with what you said about Pereira being pissed at Rooney, so I replied. I wasn't the only one.

Stringer

Absolutely. Constantly making excuses for Rooney's poor form. If there's one thing certain in the world, it's the fact that you'll appear swiftly to defend Wayne against any criticism. Usually it will be something about the players he has to play with and how they don't suit his style neglecting the fact that he has been poor for years. It also wouldn't explain how Rooney's entire game has declined but I'm sure the fact Welbeck(or someone else) has left has led to Rooney's touch and pace vanishing.

Walters_19_MuFc

Absolutely. Constantly making excuses for Rooney's poor form. If there's one thing certain in the world, it's the fact that you'll appear swiftly to defend Wayne against any criticism. Usually it will be something about the players he has to play with and how they don't suit his style neglecting the fact that he has been poor for years. It also wouldn't explain how Rooney's entire game has declined but I'm sure the fact Welbeck(or someone else) has left has led to Rooney's touch and pace vanishing.
Be interesting to know what I say.........

Because everyone's always on his back, despite him not being the problem. We've seen that since he's not been in the team. Yes, it hasn't been worse, but it's hardly been better. We still lack goals and creativity.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Can't be worse than wr8, who reminds me of that South Park character defending Michael Jackson: "he's entertained us for so many years..."

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
It's all about Wayne. Terrific!

@FromTheBench Is McNair playing at the base of the midfield? How he is looking there? Passing?
How did Pereira do after being subbed on last night?
Jones? BJ?

wiz4231

Fecking hell, why even bother with Young when you lot feel this way about them. Just keep buying players every year.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Be interesting to know what I say.........

Because everyone's always on his back, despite him not being the problem. We've seen that since he's not been in the team. Yes, it hasn't been worse, but it's hardly been better. We still lack goals and creativity.
But he is a problem, hes been absolutely tumescent for years and he's been living off his name, he's been consistently one of the worst players on the pitch for far too long.

Don't get me wrong, Rooney was a superb player for us in the past, one of the best in the world, but he's fallen so far since then, he's become the equivalent of Torres at Chelsea. Hes a massive problem.

jb8521

This is an awful lot of debate over 1 free kick. Goss, Januzaj and a couple of other players have all taken free kicks over Pereira at times this season with Januzaj taking a load of them ahead of him in games they've played together but unsurprisingly it only becomes an issue and indicative of bigger problems when Rooney takes one. On the game it was good to see Pereira look a bit sharper and more interested than he has looked in the past 3/4 games. Riley and CBJ both did well again and good to see Tuanzebe back from his injury and looking sharp when he came on