U21s: Manchester United vs Southampton

settembrini

I really hope Januzaj gets given some chances on the right for the first team.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We really do play some great football here don't we? Will Keane has been great today. The Kane-like insurgence from shite Championship loan stints to best striker in the league is well under the way.

In Rainbows

I really hope Januzaj gets given some chances on the right for the first team.
Won't be the same. I would have liked Adnan to have a bit more freedom to influence the play in central positions than the u21 match. It will be worse for the first team as Gaal likes the wingers to keep the width.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Won't be the same. I would have liked Adnan to have a bit more freedom to influence the play in central positions than the u21 match. It will be worse for the first team as Gaal likes the wingers to keep the width.
Whenever Mata's playing on the right he has all the freedom in the world to come centrally.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Every time I see Joyce's teams I wonder why someone doesn't take a chance on him for their first team. Come a long, long way as a coach/manager since he was at Anderlecht IMO. Players almost always seem to work hard for him, they're organised and they tend to play high tempo attacking football. We could do worse tbh!

khoazany

Weir really look at least one level below everyone else in the front 6 today.

That pen from Keane is really sharp.I doubt any keeper can stop that.

Last edited:

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Every time I see Joyce's teams I wonder why someone doesn't take a chance on him for their first team. Come a long, long way as a coach/manager since he was at Anderlecht IMO. Players almost always seem to work hard for him, they're organised and they tend to play high tempo attacking football. We could do worse tbh!
i agree. i know it's completely different to make the step up, but there's no question he brings the best out of his players at this level. ... and they attack! there were 30 bloody attempts on goal tonight. 30!

RedTiger

Half mast
I've thought the same as well but our fans want a NAME.

dichinero

I'd rather have him than Giggs.

Maagge

and lvg absolutely butchered him for it after the newcastle match. lvg basically said that mata didn't listen to him.
Funny considering Mata for a long time was one of the first names on the team sheet and came inside all the time. Could be that van Gaal just wanted him to stay wide against Newcastle for whatever reason.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Funny considering Mata for a long time was one of the first names on the team sheet and came inside all the time. Could be that van Gaal just wanted him to stay wide against Newcastle for whatever reason.
They're both to blame really.LVG for basically playing him in position he's unsuited to, and Mata for not following instructions

Maagge

They're both to blame really.LVG for basically playing him in position he's unsuited to, and Mata for not following instructions
I actually think he's better suited for the "wide playmaker" role (or whatever you want to call it) than playing as a conventional #10, but that argument has been done to death on here.

Last edited:

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
2-0 Keane

3-0 pen Keane

4-0 Januzaj

Pereira Skill

Last edited:

acrebo

Only seen the goals but Keane and Januzaj make it look so easy against that level of opposition.

RedFish

Only seen the goals but Keane and Januzaj make it look so easy against that level of opposition.
That's exactly what I was thinking just watching their reactions (Adnan in particular). Case of been there done that - He really needs to play first team football. Could play a big role in the remainder of the season, but I find it futile to even attempt to second guess Van Gaal.

Nickosaur

Really great to see Keane in some good form. And some lovely stuff from Adnan and Andreas too.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Good goals by Januzaj and Marco Polo.

lysglimt

Scout
Interesting that two players coming back who haven't been playing under our philosophy look great.
Well Perreira has been under our philosophy and he has been the best of the bunch

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Do you ever get the feeling that they won't be allowed to play like that for the first team tho?
The opposition wouldn't let them play like that for a start. That is why kids don't always make it. They look world beaters in the young teams then when they come up a level they find it more difficult.

Maagge

The opposition wouldn't let them play like that for a start. That is why kids don't always make it. They look world beaters in the young teams then when they come up a level they find it more difficult.
This is true. Yesterday the lads created chances more or less whenever they wanted (It helps having a fair few players way above U21s level). There wasn't even a proper reaction from Southampton. At senior level someone would have put the boot in.

khoazany

This is true. Yesterday the lads created chances more or less whenever they wanted (It helps having a fair few players way above U21s level). There wasn't even a proper reaction from Southampton. At senior level someone would have put the boot in.
There's a reason why Koeman said recently that there're only about 2 players from their U21s that are ready for their first team (Targett and Reed).The rest of their current crop aren't up to much.