U21s: Nottingham Forest vs United

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Been a busy week for them tbf, especially the ones who've been pulling double duty with the U18s. Wouldn't be surprised if a bit of fatigue was kicking in as they won't be used to such busy schedules yet.
I know you’re protecting Scanlon but Mather and Oyedele have not played that much recently.

top1whoisman

Scout
A few poor performances out there tonight. Aljofree is one of the few outfielders who’ve been on their level.

top1whoisman

Scout
FT 0-0

If it wasn’t for Harrison’s heroics we would’ve lost this. Poor performance overall.

The positive thing is that we’ve clinched the playoff spot. Unfortunately Palace win away at Middlesbrough so top 12 looks unlikely.

top1whoisman

Scout
A lot of pressure on Southampton in our last game on Monday. Villa can still knock them out of the playoffs.

Gungerz

FT 0-0
The positive thing is that we’ve clinched the playoff spot. Unfortunately Palace win away at Middlesbrough so top 12 looks unlikely.
The PL International Cup is only really a factor if we don't get UEFA Youth League qualification. You can't really play in both tournaments, scheduling would be almost impossible.

So hopefully the 18s do what they do best & make it a non-issue.

top1whoisman

Scout
The PL International Cup is only really a factor if we don't get UEFA Youth League qualification. You can't really play in both tournaments, scheduling would be almost impossible.

So hopefully the 18s do what they do best & make it a non-issue.
Ah okay, that's true. Won't be easy but as you said if some team can do it it's our current U18s.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Looking at the League table...the last couple of draws have seen us safely reach the last 16 and play-offs regardless of the result versus Southampton tomorrow night.

Having said that, I can't see us progressing very far given our form this season.

top1whoisman

Scout
Looking at the League table...the last couple of draws have seen us safely reach the last 16 and play-offs regardless of the result versus Southampton tomorrow night.

Having said that, I can't see us progressing very far given our form this season.
I kind of feel the same, but the draw and the performance against Spurs with quite a few of the U18s in the team gives me hope. Obviously the injury situation of the first team sets us back a little in the PL2, but as long as our starting XI consists the likes of Harrison, Kingdon, McAllister, Williams, Scanlon etc., who knows. Amass and Wheatley would give us a big boost but it seems EtH won’t take any risks with them.

But equally I wouldn’t be surprised if we got knocked out in the first round. We’ll face a top 6 team and out of them our best results have been draws against Fulham and Tottenham.

So a lot depends, as always at this level, on who’s playing for each team.