U21s Semi-finals: Liverpool vs United @ Anfield

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Friday, 2 May, Anfield, 7:45 BST.

"Countdown to Kick Off" starts live on MUTV at 6:30.

Game coverage starts at 7:30 also on MUTV.

[edited: Anyone know when this is being played?

At the bottom of 'Additional details' on the schedule it says "Under-21 dates: w/c 26 April - Semi-finals" then "w/c 3 May - Final" but surely the game isn't tomorrow so soon after our last one? There are still games being played in the league on Sunday the 27th.

Can't find a date listed anywhere.]

Last edited:

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Gonna try and get down to this. I went to the Youth Cup game at Anfield a few years ago and that was a cracker.

jb8521

Not likely... something on the official site today stating that there was going to be only a very limited number of away tickets, and no ticket sales on the door...
500 tickets available to United as far as I know

oskarutd

It´s according to Sky-guide shown by BT and not LTV nor MUTV. But the commentator on the u-18 game today said it was on MUTV.

GledTheRed

It is free coverage to answer my own question.

Tune in boys, no need for gash streams (not that anyone does that as it's illegal)

MPTutd

Lawrence is back from his loan. Expect him to start. He can play up top so it gives us an option if Wilson has problems again.

Brightonian

For the sake of a complete dunce: does it being free to air mean I can tune in on the telly and watch it without ever having subscribed to MUTV in my life. Or is it an online-only thing? Or do I have to sign up somehow?

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
For the sake of a complete dunce: does it being free to air mean I can tune in on the telly and watch it without ever having subscribed to MUTV in my life. Or is it an online-only thing? Or do I have to sign up somehow?
I assume you need a Sky box and basic Sky subscription.

jb8521

Yeah its free on mutv. Strangely enough there is no online service for mutv

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Hoping to wake up to a good result. Massive occasion for the boys.

Mick1991

Can't wait to tune into this! Haven't watched any youth footy in an absolute age.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Ok fair enough. Still watch in hope though. So which pool players should i be looking out for?
From the top of my head, I'd imagine Texeira, Wilson, Jones.

You could also look out for Sama the centre back, I think last season he got sent off in both ties against us as well as giving away a penalty. Doesn't look the brightest talent ever.

Gerald G

Ok fair enough. Still watch in hope though. So which pool players should i be looking out for?
Don't know a lot about their U21s but Rossiter is pretty good and I think only 17. Joao Teixeira is very talented too, made his first team debut this season vs Fulham. They've got a winger called Dunn who's played well. Not too sure about the rest.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
This team lost 2-4 at Carrington very early in the season:

Amos; Varela, Thorpe, M.Keane, Vermijl; Cole, Ekangamene (Blackett HT), Petrucci, Lingard; Januzaj; Henriquez (Lawrence 59). Subs not used: Gollini, Rothwell, Grimshaw.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-An...rt-manchester-united-u21-v-liverpool-u21.aspx

Going to be a very different game this time though, I think someone said 4 players from the last team are available for us for this one, due to loans.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Don't know a lot about their U21s but Rossiter is pretty good and I think only 17. Joao Teixeira is very talented too, made his first team debut this season vs Fulham. They've got a winger called Dunn who's played well. Not too sure about the rest.
I wouldn't put it past Liverpool to start Sterling and Sturridge for this, they love using senior players against us.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I wouldn't put it past Liverpool to start Sterling and Sturridge for this, they love using senior players against us.
Not like those lads have much on in the next few days ;)

Could be nice to throw Adnan in though.