U21s: Spurs v United

Forevergiggs

That is a bit harsh....Michael Keane has a more than decent chance. Not to mention King. Oh yes and Brady isn't exactly ordinary
Ordinary may not have been the right word. I meant that the rest don't look United standard and are not going to make it here. I have my doubts about Michael, he doesn't seem to have any particular attribute that stands out. Not very good with the ball, not very fast, doesn't position himself well neither is a very good tackler. He is only 19 and can develop, but I somehow don't see it.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I remember my dad and brother went to watch a game featuring Scholes, Becks etc that got hammed by a leeds team that featured noel whelan.....

It stands to reason only a handful have a realistic chance - when you factor everything in but I'd just put it down to one of those games. We didn't take enough of our chances and they did.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Just got in, it was feckING freezing.

We were unlucky in a sense as we were very much in that first half, but didn't take our chances. Missed shots, some saved off the line we could have had a few in a back and fourth half but in the second we were played off the park.

Like I said that Pritchard is a BALLER, Spurs were going to let him go someone said hold on to him he has ability and he has just gone on to get better and better. Stood out against Barca in the NextGen too, him and Bentelab are their better players at that level.

We made a few little mistakes and were punished, Brady misplaced a pass and they went down and got their 3rd I think it was and then Veseli messed up for their 4th.

Looked a lot more urgent after that and Blackett was prob our biggest attacking threat in the second despite being on for a few minutes. Was disappointed by Larnell, quite game by his standards and wasn't up to his usual standard.

Think losing King for the second was a blow too, put himself about and really unsettled their defence, was quite a handful

Cold_Boy

M Keane won't make it here.

If he does will be a squad player for a few seasons.

He doesn't have any particular quality that stands out but is decent overall.Will make it in bottom PL clubs.

I always thought L.Cole has a big chance but hasn't shown anything like that recently.

Lingaard, W. Keane, Petrucci have a decent chance imo of our reserves.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies

He doesn't have any particular quality that stands out but is decent overall.Will make it in bottom PL clubs.

I always thought L.Cole has a big chance but hasn't shown anything like that recently.

Best player on the pitch against Bolton last week.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
feck me. One loss for the season and most of the team are write offs.
That's the way it rolls. Also forgetting the fact that only last season, this lot dominated the reserves section.

Forevergiggs

feck me. One loss for the season and most of the team are write offs.
It's was not based on just one game. It was my opinion on the players that are going to make it from this team to the seniors.

Who all do you think have a realistic chance of making it?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It's was not based on just one game. It was my opinion on the players that are going to make it from this team to the seniors.

Who all do you think have a realistic chance of making it?
I know what you mean. I think there will always be better players available to us than what we currently have in our reserves. We've had better players leave our reserves recently after not being given chances here, so I'm not expecting a lot from the rest now. I briefly had raised expectations of Lingard and Brady but they've gone back to being pretty run of the mill again for our reserves and don't exactly stand out at that level for me.

I do think there are some promising players in our youth team though. My expectations have shifted onto one or two players at that level.

Forevergiggs

I know what you mean. I think there will always be better players available to us than what we currently have in our reserves. We've had better players leave our reserves recently after not being given chances here, so I'm not expecting a lot from the rest now. I briefly had raised expectations of Lingard and Brady but they've gone back to being pretty run of the mill again for our reserves and don't exactly stand out at that level for me.

I do think there are some promising players in our youth team though. My expectations have shifted onto one or two players at that level.
They need loans. This U-21 league is not better than the set-up before. Some of them look bored in this league. They need to play with better players in a tougher league regularly to progress.

The academy has a few exciting prospects but I have not seen a precocious talent that he going to come in and make a difference in a year or two. They would take time to develop.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies

Lingard has never looked better at this level.

Cold_Boy

Best player on the pitch against Bolton last week.
Yea but not progressed as well as I hoped.

Not saying he won't make it but not as quickly as I thought because I believe he is quite talented.

KM

Lingard has improved immensely in the last year and so.

KM

Petrucci makes a big difference in the middle of the pitch. Last season we had Pogba and Morrison.
Morrison hardly played the reserves and left in January. Pogba wasn't as influential as Cole and Lingard.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Pogba really did take the piss at times - I really miss watching him. The gap in class between him and everyone else was vast when he was on form, even if this was often in spits and spurts due to absence and the nature of his performances.

Lingard is coming along nicely and hopefully he'll get some game time in the Carling Cup this season.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Lingard has improved immensely in the last year and so.
Certainly how I see it. He's quicker, stronger and more mature now. The ability to make 'em and take 'em was always there.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Lingard is 2nd on the team in goals with 5 in only 8 starts, and along with Macheda he's the only player to score more than 1 goal in the U21 PL.

Though he's only provided 1 assist, while Tunnicliffe and Petrucci have 4 each.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Yesterday was the first defeat of the season in awkward windswept conditions. Defending was poor but we still could of scored about eight. We created lots of good chances. Lack of striker second half didn't help either.

As for Lingard and Cole, both are great talents who have been impressive this year and have stood out. They both have the skill and intelligence to play at the highest level imo. However they both have small frames and the club are waiting for them to grow a bit more before involving them with the first team permanently.

Along with Will Keane, they have the best chance of making a career here out of all our current reserves. Then there is a group below them with a smaller chance which includes players like Brady, Wootton, Tunnicliffe, M.Keane, King, Thorpe, etc. All will go on to have good careers.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
They need loans. This U-21 league is not better than the set-up before. Some of them look bored in this league. They need to play with better players in a tougher league regularly to progress.

The academy has a few exciting prospects but I have not seen a precocious talent that he going to come in and make a difference in a year or two. They would take time to develop.
I think Daehli is the one with the required level of maturity and talent to perhaps make an impact sooner rather than later. He's not a Messi/Rooney clear cut precocious talent, but we've got a cracking player there.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur

That's Cole's first really bad game in a long time.

He was unreal against Bolton midweek :wenger:

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I briefly had raised expectations of Lingard and Brady but they've gone back to being pretty run of the mill again for our reserves and don't exactly stand out at that level for me.
Totally and completely disagree with this as well.

Lingard in particular looks excellent.