U21s: United v Fulham

khoazany

Are you indicating that he must play?
Yes? He’s one of the oldest in the squad so naturally quite ahead in the pecking order. We can play Fredricson on the U18s if we really want to accommodate Pye that much. I doubt anyone would say that Pye is a clearly superior talent to Hardley either. Bennetts and Fredricson are clear of both to me.

Last edited:

Mickson

Yes? He’s one of the oldest in the squad so naturally quite ahead in the pecking order. We can play Fredricson on the U18s if we really want to accommodate Pye that much. I doubt anyone would say that Pye is a clearly superior talent to Hardley either. Bennetts and Fredricson are clear of both to me.
As a left-back, he certainly is. And most importantly: he may have a future there and at United. Hardley has neither.

Drainy

Out of the group who played last night I'd say in really Mainoo, and Hansen-Aaroens (some way behind) have the potential to be United players unless there is surprising development.

lysglimt

Scout
The one thing I don't like about Mainoo is that he slows the tempo of the game down almost every time he is on the ball. He can get the ball and rather than making a quick pass or immediately going past his man - he stands on the ball for a second before making his move. It's kind of thing he should learn fairly quickly, so it's not a thing that concerns me a lot about his future - but it can be really annoying to watch. When he does decide to move though, he is rapid! But by then he has given the opponents time to regroup.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The one thing I don't like about Mainoo is that he slows the tempo of the game down almost every time he is on the ball. He can get the ball and rather than making a quick pass or immediately going past his man - he stands on the ball for a second before making his move. It's kind of thing he should learn fairly quickly, so it's not a thing that concerns me a lot about his future - but it can be really annoying to watch. When he does decide to move though, he is rapid! But by then he has given the opponents time to regroup.
I noticed the same thing. And it immediately reminded me of another extremely talented, tall, strong, academy graduate who played the same position and showed the same flaws until he left this summer, aged 29. Hopefully he’s the outlier here.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I noticed the same thing. And it immediately reminded me of another extremely talented, tall, strong, academy graduate who played the same position and showed the same flaws until he left this summer, aged 29. Hopefully he’s the outlier here.

K Stand Knut

Side note. How weird was it that everyone on MUTV insisted on only calling the triallist “the trialist”? Like they were contractually banned from ever using his real name. Very odd.
Read an article on this in the most recent Altrincham FC program.

Apparently, it is to try and prevent people finding out who it is and making an approach for them, knowing that he is available on a free.

Not sure it's quite as important for United at this level but seen as vital the further down the leagues you go because clubs will try and snaffle them other clubs

phelans shorts

Side note. How weird was it that everyone on MUTV insisted on only calling the triallist “the trialist”? Like they were contractually banned from ever using his real name. Very odd.
I think it is actually an agreed thing throughout clubs/maybe even a legal matter. I’ve never seen clubs do any different, it causes “trialist” to trend on Twitter every pre season because all match coverage calls them such.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Hanson-Aaron, at times, looked really good; other times was easily brushed off the ball very easily. But our team are very young. Forson took his goals well, but all too often he has drifted in and out of games. If Savage puts on some more muscle he could well be a more than useful player. he makes the simple pass all the time, links defence and attack, brings the rest of the midfield into the game. I like him