U21s: United vs Liverpool

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I'm genuinely tempted to drive up from London to watch, we need a full house of fecking Liverpool over this season :D

Borninthe80ts

I’m wondering which player from this starting 11 will be here next season. Looking forward to seeing Baumann, Williams and McAllister at this level and Ennis against his old team.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Whan an effort from McNeill. Been an entertaining start, Liverpool the better side but United slowly getting in the game.

saik

Odeyele should have done better there. Terrible to not even get it on target .

top1whoisman

Scout
23’

1-0 Liverpool. Oyedele with a sloppy pass, Harrison with a brilliant save but can’t do anything about the rebound.

saik

Liverpool take the lead. Mistake by Aljofree just standing off there. Harrison makes a good stop from the initial shot but can't keep out the rebound.

top1whoisman

Scout
Liverpool take the lead. Mistake by Aljofree just standing off there. Harrison makes a good stop from the initial shot but can't keep out the rebound.
Equally bad pass from Oyedele, left Aljofree in a bad spot.

saik

23’

1-0 Liverpool. Oyedele with a sloppy pass, Harrison with a brilliant save but can’t do anything about the rebound.
Feel like it's more of Aljofree's mistake. He could have reached the ball there but just decided to stand off and allow their striker to get to the ball first.

top1whoisman

Scout
Feel like it's more of Aljofree's mistake. He could have reached the ball there but just decided to stand off and allow their striker to get to the ball first.
He had a decision to make and hesitated for too long for sure. Wasn’t helped by Oyedele’s short pass though.

saik

Harrison's going to have a good career wherever he's going to end up. Can pick passes and not a bad shot stopper either.

top1whoisman

Scout
Liverpool’s attack obviously has more quality than ours but after a slow start we’ve been okay. There’s a lot of space to exploit behind their defense and between their defenders. Just missing that bit of quality and end product.

top1whoisman

Scout
Love McNeill’s constant pressing and work ethic. But he needs to time his runs better, offside too often.

Pericles

I am not a fan of this 3-5-2, especially when we have got the players for a 4-3-3. It is stifling our attacking play.

top1whoisman

Scout
I am not a fan of this 3-5-2, especially when we have got the players for a 4-3-3. It is stifling our attacking play.
I can totally understand us trying something else considering the amount of goals we’ve conceded this season.

Last edited:

Pericles

I can totally understand us trying something else considering the amount of goals we’ve conceded this season.
I know that is the reason for the change, I just don’t enjoy the football. It also makes it a bit tricky to develop players for the first team when the system is different.

It also seems to me like he is doing it because of his inability to coach a good defense.

lysglimt

Scout
Why don't the player simply foul him - it really annoys me when they do stuff like that. Or don't do stuff like that

Game over most likely 2-0 Gordon

top1whoisman

Scout
I know that is the reason for the change, I just don’t enjoy the football. It also makes it a bit tricky to develop players for the first team when the system is different.

It also seems to me like he is doing it because of his inability to coach a good defense.
I didn’t enjoy our football when we played four at the back either.

The more different formations and systems the boys are natural with, the better. I don’t see any of tonight’s starters making it in the first team anyway.

saik

Was it Nolan who gave the ball away for the 2nd goal?

Remember the geese

The under 21's is a bit of a graveyard. You don't want to stay there too long. A year or two in the 18's, followed by a handful of appearances for the 21's before either breaking into the first team squad, heading out on loan or a permanent sale.

top1whoisman

Scout
Not a fan of the variety of pronunciations of Kone-Doherty? All of which are wrong.

Or Ben Thornley who once spent 90 minutes going on about how he wants to fight the ref in the parking lot.
Using a couple of minutes not being able to understand why a first team player who’s probably fit for max. 30 minutes doesn’t start the game…

Showing their lack of football knowledge by criticising playing out from the back in every single academy broadcast…

top1whoisman

Scout
Quote bold to have the role of an expert and then admit that you don't know anything.
At least some of the younger ones (Woolston etc.) have some type of connection to the modern game. Not expecting world-class for this price but it’s just painful to listen to sometimes.

Mickson

Don't know if it's only me, but it's not that fun to watch our U21. Difficult to get excited tonight.

Pughnichi

I didn’t enjoy our football when we played four at the back either.

The more different formations and systems the boys are natural with, the better. I don’t see any of tonight’s starters making it in the first team anyway.
Just came here to see if anyone thinks there’s a player that would make it from the 21s. I can’t see it with any of them myself. Perhaps Zachary Baumann

the 18s is where the party is at. Was hoping to see a couple of them get some minutes tonight

saik

Just came here to see if anyone thinks there’s a player that would make it from the 21s. I can’t see it with any of them myself. Perhaps Zachary Baumann

the 18s is where the party is at. Was hoping to see a couple of them get some minutes tonight
Yea, Baumann and probably Harrison at a stretch that's it.

top1whoisman

Scout
FT 3-0

Another poor result and a poor performance to the collection. Uninspiring stuff.