U23s: Brighton v United

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
An U23 game actually on MUTV ... never thought I'd see the day.

laughtersassassin

Assume Amad isn't playing in this either?

Still only played 2 and a half games all season....

laughtersassassin

He's getting ready for his loan move to the the Australian A league so yeah

available mate.
Honestly the management of him this season has Been criminal.

Not getting to play any football at any level at all

Sure fire way to ruin his development

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
What do we think of Mastny then, any good?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The feck is D’mani Mellor still doing knocking about here? He’s a million miles from being a PL striker let alone a United one.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
The feck is D’mani Mellor still doing knocking about here? He’s a million miles from being a PL striker let alone a United one.
He was injured for a year or so, presumably he's recovering from that before getting loaned out again/ released?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Why is the headmaster from Inbetweeners commentating on this?

VDG17

Its good to see players like Mellor in the side because it applies a bit of perspective to anyone getting carried away about players progressing to the first team. He always looks a decent player at this level but he's struggled to get game time even at league 2 this season.

AltiUn

Thunderbolt from Hansen-Aaroen hits the post but doesn’t go in unfortunately.

GueRed

Dominate 1st half by United
Good with and without the ball.

Well deserved 2 nil lead.

Remember the geese

Brighton have been poor, but a really good performance so far from United. Great work off the ball, good intensity and pressing well collectively. Some really nice football played too.

Gandalf

He was injured for a year or so, presumably he's recovering from that before getting loaned out again/ released?
Was on loan at Salford but barely got any game time so came back. His contract expires this season so I assume to some degree the club is doing right by him by letting him put himself in the shop window to hopefully get a contract with a lower league club this summer and continue his career. It certainly is working for him today anyway and I have seen far worse players make careers in League 2.

AltiUn

Shola wide then with Hansen as a 10?
I think he has popped up out wide a fair bit but all his best moments have come through the centre, think he’s been given license to roam. Emeran took over his side towards the end of the half.

AltiUn

Love me some Fernandez, quality player.

VDG17

Love me some Fernandez, quality player.
I'd not be surprised if he gets first team minutes this season. He's developing well and neither of the first team LB's have been particularly reliable from an injury standpoint.

GueRed

FT 2-1

Second half was a lot scrappier game. Brighton had United pinned back the last 10mins or so. But held out

Overall a well deserved 2-1 win

Remember the geese

Brighton were much more competitive in the second half, but we managed to get the job done.

I'd like to see Fernandez considered as a first team option sooner rather than later. With the likes of him, Shoretire, Hansen-Aarøen and Mainoo along with Hannibal, Amad and Elanga, we have some really promising talent.

Demaw

Brighton were much more competitive in the second half, but we managed to get the job done.

I'd like to see Fernandez considered as a first team option sooner rather than later. With the likes of him, Shoretire, Hansen-Aarøen and Mainoo along with Hannibal, Amad and Elanga, we have some really promising talent.
Yes, that group has potential and like Elanga, they need a chance (in the future)

Mickson

Long-term injury during covid then United gave him a short-term contract so he had a chance to get back on his feet, a nice gesture. Tried loaning him out, probably for Mellor to show himself in the market. Not good enough and will be released in June. I imagine a lot of players in this team will leave soon: Hardley, Emeran, and Svidersky being amongst them.

Bondi77

Long-term injury during covid then United gave him a short-term contract so he had a chance to get back on his feet, a nice gesture. Tried loaning him out, probably for Mellor to show himself in the market. Not good enough and will be released in June. I imagine a lot of players in this team will leave soon: Hardley, Emeran, and Svidersky being amongst them.
I thought Emeran was highly thought of?

Demaw

Same as Mejia then I suppose
Yes, I really liked Mejia in the little we saw him. Had an amazing Spanish scoring record. We have been unlucky with injuries to top kids like Willy K, Mejia and Emeran. Willy K and Mejia have hardly played at all.