g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

U23s Liverpool v United - Diallo scores twice on debut

mav_9me

Williams has regressed badly.
That was criminal from Williams. In front of our goal line, tried to control the ball, couldn't and ended up giving a tap in.

Based on this he has been terrible. Maybe just coming back from injury but I don't know if that's enough of an excuse for that piece of defending.

lysglimt

Scout
I feel sorry for our attackers who need to play with the defenders we have. They are just not good enough

lysglimt

Scout
Kovar deserves praise for his performance after his shocker against Leicester - that could have destroyed the confidence of most players.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Now I realize why the injury crisis to Liverpool's central defense is so menacing to them. Those U23 defenders look terrible.

Wasn't van der Berg supposed to be this amazing CB talent, when he was the only player Liverpool signed in the whole summer '19 transfer window? One and a half year later, he hasn't been given a single minute of Premier League football, despite the first choice central defender pairing injured all season and also the replacements absent at times.
Can't remember Klopp being so hesitant with a young Joe Gomez, quite apparently van der Berg is not fulfilling expectations?

mav_9me

Fernandes has been awful. Given the ball away more than passed it to teammates.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He could do with avoiding being drawn into the theatrics in the future but everyone needs a team mate like Mejbri.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
It's a shame to read about Puigmal likely leaving this Summer. Every time I've watched him, I've been a fan.

How likely is it that he'll go? I know no contract has been signed for any other club, but chance of him maybe resigning for us?

Could be one of the youngsters Ole said he would try and get into the first team bubble before end of the season.

M16Red

If that is not a red card, I don't know what is. Off the ground and late.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It's a shame to read about Puigmal likely leaving this Summer. Every time I've watched him, I've been a fan.

How likely is it that he'll go? I know no contract has been signed for any other club, but chance of him maybe resigning for us?

Could be one of the youngsters Ole said he would try and get into the first team bubble before end of the season.
Seems very likely, almost 0 talk coming out from the usual suspects about him agreeing a new deal.
Refereeing is criminal. Liverpool should’ve had two players sent off.
Liverpool are always like this at youth level, same with Everton. Both sides are always filled with violent cloggers who model their game around the lenient youth refereeing.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

A positive is that he's survived the transfer window. December/January is usually the period United do their contract renewals for seniors and youth but there's been absolutely no word of him staying. Speculation but we'll probably see a last-ditch attempt from us in the coming months to convince him to stay but what's against him is that it's hard to give a guy game time when his contract is running out.

As things stand, he is set to leave the club June 2021.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Seems very likely, almost 0 talk coming out from the usual suspects about him agreeing a new deal.

Liverpool are always like this at youth level, same with Everton. Both sides are always filled with violent cloggers who model their game around the lenient youth refereeing.
Don't forget Leicester. What gets me is this is the time to punish those sort of tactics. Any of these lads get into their first teams and tackling like that will go to VAR. They should be making sure they know how to tackle cleanly.

Dve

its like he thinks he's made it. Sad when players get that attitude.
Oh, get lost. He´s done nothing that suggests there is anything wrong with his attitude. What a shit comment to make.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
'I played in a European cup semi-final' attitude.
Yeh I really don't think that's it. Not everyone kicks on how we would like. From what I've seen and heard I dont think his attitude and application is in question.

Bertie Wooster

Great to see Amad score on his debut, and provide some quick, gliding dribbling runs with good footwork. He certainly has potential.

I love watching Hannibal, but a bit disappointed to see him start on the left, cutting in on his right foot. I know versatility is a good thing, but that part of the first team is well stocked and we need him to work on the physical / defensive side of his CM game to develop into an all round CM / #10.

The U23 defence has looked poor all season. Various keepers, and Fish, Mengi, Devine, etc, at CB. Too many times they play themselves into unnecessary trouble, and too many occasions players find themselves in behind them or in space in the middle of the box. And that's been all too evident again today.

Reactions: harms

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yeh I really don't think that's it. Not everyone kicks on how we would like. From what I've seen and heard I dont think his attitude and application is in question.
Probably another kid, who landed in the first team too early at that stage because of a crippling injury list.

GueRed

2-2 ht

disappointing goal to concede for their second a catalogue of errors first by Fernandez scuffing a clearance then Fish

thats youth football for you 2 goal leads sometimes even 3 goals are never enough...good game though plenty of action

Diallo showing what he can do...

Game on

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Haven't seen Dave Jones in a while. Remember when he was so highly rated. Welcome back Davey

Adcuth

Is this Longstaff related to those ugly feckers at Newcastle?

Drainy

Oh, get lost. He´s done nothing that suggests there is anything wrong with his attitude. What a shit comment to make.
The drop in intensity is there for all to see, and the application drop followed because he was only really promising due to his attitude, energy and workrate.

Dve

Fernandes has been awful. Given the ball away more than passed it to teammates.
A bit harsh. Not his best half, but not awful either. He has looked good in other matches.

Dve

The drop in intensity is there for all to see, and the application drop followed because he was only really promising due to his attitude, energy and workrate.
He´s been out injured and looks a bit rusty, but his passing has been the problem, not so much his intensity.