U23's: Man United v Chelsea

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
There’s literally nothing better, as a United fan, than getting excited about a youth team player. Yes we know they don’t all make it...but who cares.....

Giggs,Scholes,Becks,Butt,Thornley,Brandy,Djordic,Rossi,Timm,Possbeon,Keane,Cole,Ravel,Pogba,Tunnicliffe,Januzaj,macheda,Greenwood,Gomes etc etc etc

It’s been a pleasure watching these players and getting excited about them as individuals, we know the whole team won’t make it, and most of the prospects won’t either, but I’m not waiting around to get excited. I’d support City or Chelsea if I wanted to not get excited about youth prospects.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
There’s literally nothing better, as a United fan, than getting excited about a youth team player. Yes we know they don’t all make it...but who cares.....

Giggs,Scholes,Becks,Butt,Thornley,Brandy,Djordic,Rossi,Timm,Possbeon,Keane,Cole,Ravel,Pogba,Tunnicliffe,Januzaj,macheda,Greenwood,Gomes etc etc etc

It’s been a pleasure watching these players and getting excited about them as individuals, we know the whole team won’t make it, and most of the prospects won’t either, but I’m not waiting around to get excited. I’d support City or Chelsea if I wanted to not get excited about youth prospects.
Well said.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
If you want to get excited about a player that looks good at a level that is streets away from professional mens football then that is your prerogative; I prefer to see them blooded at the senior level before I make a judgement on if they have what it takes.
You can have your opinion about what this forum is about and I will continue to have mine.
What a genuinely shit take this is.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That front 4 are technically on a different level. Chelsea seemed to have like 2 attacks and scored from both though. Seems like this team will always leak goals.
I’ve been thinking this for a bit but both the U23s and U18s essentially play the exact same way the first team do, with a really high line where the CBs are essentially on the half way line for most of the game while we control possession, but against good teams who can control the possession our CBs are often left exposed due to the lack of a true DM.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If you want to get excited about a player that looks good at a level that is streets away from professional mens football then that is your prerogative; I prefer to see them blooded at the senior level before I make a judgement on if they have what it takes.
You can have your opinion about what this forum is about and I will continue to have mine.
Honestly, I dunno how you can watch the U23s and not get excited watching players like Amad, Shoretire and Hannibal. For me, watching the exceptionally talented lads dominate youth level is some of the best bits of youth football. Even if they don’t all make it to the top level, watching how good they are at this level is rewarding enough in its own right.

Bondi77

This forum is precisely that; a place where we can get get excited about prospects and also discuss their limitations without the hysteria often demonstrated in the mains. You’re entitled to make your assessment at senior level if you wish but telling other posters in this thread that they’re somehow’wrong’ to be optimistic is ridiculous.
If you wish to carry on posting negatively about youth prospects feel free, however I don’t think you’ll last long.
Best of luck whatever you do
And where have I posted negatively about any particular youth product?
All I have said is that U23 level is streets behind senior level and if you can appreciate that as I do then it would save a lot of frustration on your part.
It is a stepping stone for me and I really take notice when they have loan spells such as Welbeck at Sunderland and Richardson at West Brom and Hendo at Sheffield but they are in the minority and there are obvious talents such as Mason and with the initial outlay on Mejbri we know he is going to be given every chance to succeed.

Bondi77

Honestly, I dunno how you can watch the U23s and not get excited watching players like Amad, Shoretire and Hannibal. For me, watching the exceptionally talented lads dominate youth level is some of the best bits of youth football. Even if they don’t all make it to the top level, watching how good they are at this level is rewarding enough in its own right.
Of course I am excited about the mentioned trio but apart from Shoretire the others are expensive transfers so they will be guaranteed first teamers.
My post was meant along the lines of the excitement around the likes of Cole, Tunnicliffe and Keane to mention a few whom were killing it at that level but could not transition so now I wait until they show something at a higher level before I really invest in the player.

Fanta Stick

Feel exactly the same.

It's a dream of mine to have a successful team at the highest level based around our youth setup.

Such a buzz to see two young youth prospects that we have watched develop over the years spearheading our attack.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
And where have I posted negatively about any particular youth product?
All I have said is that U23 level is streets behind senior level and if you can appreciate that as I do then it would save a lot of frustration on your part.
It is a stepping stone for me and I really take notice when they have loan spells such as Welbeck at Sunderland and Richardson at West Brom and Hendo at Sheffield but they are in the minority and there are obvious talents such as Mason and with the initial outlay on Mejbri we know he is going to be given every chance to succeed.
You’re contradictory really. Don’t think it’s worth commenting on any further