U23s vs Brighton

Ashish Negi

Do you think he should stick to playing at RB or right wing-back, or should he try to be a CM in the long term?
Brighton was very bad today , Puigmal looks good at RB today because he has nothing to defend most of the game other than 5 mins where they scored two goals. I might need to see him more at RB or RWB before deciding that.

He looked good too when he moved to MF when Neville came on. We should not keep him u23 for longer like we did with Gomes and Chong etc , he should be playing first team football at lower level. May be Portugese league will be good option for him considering Angel success there.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
They have another great LB too. It would be like our situation with Brandon and O'Connor. Except instead of O'Connor playing as a CB, their LB went to LW.
That LB (Miguel Gutierrez) is 19 and was ahead of Fernandez in the pecking order naturally due to his age/development.

Fernandez likely didn't see a clear path into the first team with Gutierrez and Ferland Mendy in his way hence him rejecting Madrid's contract offer and accepting United's.

In Rainbows

That LB (Miguel Gutierrez) is 19 and was ahead of Fernandez in the pecking order naturally due to his age/development.

Fernandez likely didn't see a clear path into the first team with Gutierrez and Ferland Mendy in his way hence him rejecting Madrid's contract offer and accepting United's.
I was speaking about de la vibora.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I was speaking about de la vibora.
I don't think Fernandez left Madrid because of De la Vibora but rather due to what I said in my previous post about Gutierrez and Ferland Mendy being ahead of him and then there's also Reguillion who they have the option of buying back from Spurs.

In Rainbows

I don't think Fernandez left Madrid because of De la Vibora but rather due to what I said in my previous post about Gutierrez and Ferland Mendy being ahead of him and then there's also Reguillion who they have the option of buying back from Spurs.
It's all of those factors. It's a lot of competition. Like if you were under Greenwood, you could still get a chance in the future. If United were to get Haaland, you would have to deal with Haaland, Greenwood, Martial, and potentially Rashford. Now we don't have Haaland, but my point is that there are plugs everywhere.

It made a ton of sense for him to leave.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It's all of those factors. It's a lot of competition. Like if you were under Greenwood, you could still get a chance in the future. If United were to get Haaland, you would have to deal with Haaland, Greenwood, Martial, and potentially Rashford. Now we don't have Haaland, but my point is that there are plugs everywhere.

Greenwood's a good example because he's probably one of the big reasons Odubeko left.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

He's gonna face alot of competition here too. Maybe not as much as Real Madrid due to them having LBs who are naturally inclined to help in offensive transition. We don't have that IMO.

And IMO Fernandez was the most rounded LB, Madrid had on their books from the academy. De La Vibora is more a LW player right now with plenty of work to do on his off the ball game. So it was understandable that Madrid were desperate to renew Fernandez's contract especially after they had beaten Barca to signing him from Deportivo when the player was 15.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
De La Vibora mostly played as the left winger ahead of Fernandez who was the LB in the team last year playing for Madrid youth.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Our first half performance was magnificent :drool:

Then of course the terrible 15 minutes at start of the second half but great character of the team to get back the control of the match and to score another couple of goals :)

In Rainbows

De La Vibora mostly played as the left winger ahead of Fernandez who was the LB in the team last year playing for Madrid youth.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

I know, I said that in my first post about Real Madrid's academy situation (below).
They have another great LB too. It would be like our situation with Brandon and O'Connor. Except instead of O'Connor playing as a CB, their LB went to LW.
When I saw streams of Real Madrid's team a while back (mostly to watch Nakai), he was the starting left back. Then when we were linked to Fernandez, I went to Real Madrid's spanish forums, and it was apparent he was moved to LW while Fernandez was the LB. That's why I stated that it was similar to Williams and O'Connor except instead of O'Connor being made a CB, de la Vibora was being played as a left winger.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I know, I said that in my first post about Real Madrid's academy situation (below).

When I saw streams of Real Madrid's team a while back (mostly to watch Nakai), he was the starting left back. Then when we were linked to Fernandez, I went to Real Madrid's spanish forums, and it was apparent he was moved to LW while Fernandez was the LB. That's why I stated that it was similar to Williams and O'Connor except instead of O'Connor being made a CB, de la Vibora was being played as a left winger.
O'Connor wasn't made CB but rather wanted to play there according what I was told by regular observers at games.

Fernandez was the starting LB for the youth team but once he refused to renew Madrid planned without him.

In Rainbows

O'Connor wasn't made CB but rather wanted to play there according what I was told by regular observers at games.

Fernandez was the starting LB for the youth team but once he refused to renew Madrid planned without him.
The 2nd part is just restating what I said, but the O'Connor thing is interesting. I always figured it was due to having an abundance of fullback talent at the same time. Anyways, de la Vibora was starting at lb for Real madrid's youth team for a time. I saw it with my own eyes as a jpn national team youtuber used to stream and or upload the matches. But it's also true that he started to play as a left winger as I stated in my first post on this.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The 2nd part is just restating what I said, but the O'Connor thing is interesting. I always figured it was due to having an abundance of fullback talent at the same time. Anyways, de la Vibora was starting at lb for Real madrid's youth team for a time. I saw it with my own eyes as a jpn national team youtuber used to stream and or upload the matches. But it's also true that he started to play as a left winger as I stated in my first post on this.
The second part is answering Joey's question which was why did Madrid let him go? They didn't let him go but rather he left because he didn't feel there was a clear path for him to the first team with Mendy, Marcelo and Reguillon to contend with. Then I was also informed by Madrid fan Carvahal about 19 year old Gutierrez that is a LB and is considered by the coaches at the club as a huge prospect and he was another obstacle. But the good thing for us is that Fernandez doesn't have Madridismo due to being from Majorca and didn't think twice before leaving them.

I did go about explaining it the wrong way though because my initial response was supposed to be to answer Joey's post but I've been working all night and the tiredness has taken it's toll. So please forgive me mate.

Don't Kill Bill

If Shaw and Telles gets injured again, Fernandez should be involve with First team.

Hannibal looks great at u23 even when he was one of the youngest player on pitch.

Puigmal is weird case. Some day like today he looks too good for u23 level and some days looks he still need to develop more.

Puigmal should sign new deal and leave on loan to where he can play.
Shaw off and has a hamstring injury today...

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Shaw off and has a hamstring injury today...
I wouldn't be against him being on the bench but it wouldn't be fair to just throw him in if Brandon Williams is available (unless it's against someone very bad like West Brom maybe). He's very young and admittedly quite well built for his age but I don't think he's quite ready for regular first team football yet.

Ashish Negi

I wouldn't be against him being on the bench but it wouldn't be fair to just throw him in if Brandon Williams is available (unless it's against someone very bad like West Brom maybe). He's very young and admittedly quite well built for his age but I don't think he's quite ready for regular first team football yet.
Who is asking him to Play games, it's all about making him familiar with first team set up and training.

Telles had covid and we are injury away from playing TFM and Brandon (both right footed) as a left back. Ole need to prepare Fernandez and he looks very good at u23s. No harm to involve with senior team in training if we can include pellistri in training session then Fernandez also should be Included

TwoSheds

Who is asking him to Play games, it's all about making him familiar with first team set up and training.

Telles had covid and we are injury away from playing TFM and Brandon (both right footed) as a left back. Ole need to prepare Fernandez and he looks very good at u23s. No harm to involve with senior team in training if we can include pellistri in training session then Fernandez also should be Included
Well I think the guy I quoted was implying it which is why I said that. But yes I would be very happy to see him training with the first team if Shaw and Telles are both out.

KevinJoh

kid just came to England in the middle of the covid situation. It is great start but let him get together with other kids in the squad, there is enough time to include him in the senior setup. With covid around, not sure he would be able to train with both U23 and first team, and for me it is much better for him at the moment to play U23, even U18 football every week, than miss that in early stage of adapting period just to train with first team players.

Sea-Cow

I think RWB is the only chance that he can break to the 1st team tbh.
Thanks. I was hoping for a young Fabregas when we initially signed him, but that was probably setting the bar a tad high.

I hope he has a good career somewhere, even if its not with us.

TwoSheds

kid just came to England in the middle of the covid situation. It is great start but let him get together with other kids in the squad, there is enough time to include him in the senior setup. With covid around, not sure he would be able to train with both U23 and first team, and for me it is much better for him at the moment to play U23, even U18 football every week, than miss that in early stage of adapting period just to train with first team players.
Pellistri managed it.

KevinJoh

Pellistri managed it.
I am not sure Pellistri is good example. First of all he already has experience in senior football, playing against older guys. Also, he is still not established in U23, not sure what they plan with him as I guess he will need some games and he won't get those in our first team in current situation. I am pretty sure we would see plenty of Pellistri in U23 if they are not making this covid bubbles so Pellistri, Mengi and Laird I guess are not playing for U23 so they are not mixed with. Fernandez still need a lot of games in U23 level which is great for 17 years old boy.