Uefa Champions League Qualifying First Leg - 16th/17th August

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Terrible defending, good chance for Arsenal to make it 2-0.

Franq

Arsenal bench: Jenkinson and Frimpong? WTF? I they picked to random players from the reserves or under 19 to fill the bench?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Udinese ain't giving this one lightly, eh? They look a team even without Inler, Alexis et al.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This might be a high scoring game, end to end at the moment.

buckooo1978

good game so far....

Liverpool will beat arsenal at the weekend if they defend like this

Wenger is a fool for not having a few new signings sorted at the beginning of the summer - it would prevent the uncertainty that is on display here

Brophs

The One and Only
Wenger needs to get Song to shield the defence. I keep hearing how he's amazing defensive midfielder but he doesn't look to me like he fancies doing the nitty gritty.

good game so far....

Liverpool will beat arsenal at the weekend if they defend like this

Wenger is a fool for not having a few new signings sorted at the beginning of the summer - it would prevent the uncertainty that is on display here
They're lost without Wilshere. In the absence of Cesc he'd be relied on at the moment to get on the ball, take some of the sting out of the game and get the Gooners into a rhythm. At the moment its all too frantic. Nobody's taken charge in midfield.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Wenger needs to get Song to shield the defence. I keep hearing how he's amazing defensive midfielder but he doesn't look to me like he fancies doing the nitty gritty.
Song's always had this idea that he's brilliant going forward.

He's really not....

buckooo1978

They're lost without Wilshere. In the absence of Cesc he'd be relied on at the moment to get on the ball, take some of the sting out of the game and get the Gooners into a rhythm. At the moment its all too frantic. Nobody's taken charge in midfield.
totally agree

would have thought song would have stamped some authority on it

too many lightweight players in the side

think Gervinho and Walcott will catch them out

How is Rosisky still at the club???

totally agree

would have thought song would have stamped some authority on it

too many lightweight players in the side
I dunno about lightweights Cleverley's a slight fella but I think he'd do a lot better injecting some calm into that Arsenal midfield than anyone they have available can. They need someone to get on the ball and start pulling the strings. It feels as if they're trying to force it every time they get the ball and its costing them possession a lot. Some measured passing around the midfield for a few minutes to let everything settle would give them to sense of control they should have having gone ahead so early.