UEFA meeting Tue 17th March

Raw

Can already sense this thread going in a very shit direction from the last few replies.

macheda14

Our own food standards are hardly exemplary. We're only a mutation away from a major bird flu pandemic because of the way the poultry industry is ran.
Ahh it's fine we'll be able to spray it all with chlorine soon enough

Kajus

But why does it take someone high profile being diagnosed and a team having to isolate to cancel this shit? There's potentially 10000s of thousands of people at risk now because of yesterdays game.
The same reason why schools, universities and factories across the UK are still operating as if things were normal. It’s significantly cheaper for the government to have more dead people but less time with the country shut down. Once actual players get infected, they don’t really have a choice because the players themselves will refuse to play.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Aye it’s the dream scenario. Except for, you know, the millions of dead people and huge economic implications for the entire world for years to come.
And that for some is secondary as long as our most hated rival doesn’t win a fecking trophy ...:rolleyes:

Deery

Dreary
Isn’t suspended yet they’re reviewing it, but I guess it will be suspended before 6pm kickoff tonight

Skills

Snitch
The Madrid fans and Liverpool fans would be segregated in the Stadium though.
But they wouldn't have been throughout the city though before and after the game? They would've been using the same modes of transport to and from the game.

LInkash

Aye it’s the dream scenario. Except for, you know, the millions of dead people and huge economic implications for the entire world for years to come.
I was just talking about it in relation to football.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
But they wouldn't have been throughout the city though before and after the game? They would've been using the same modes of transport to and from the game.
There is a lot of segregation though, and in any case they would have no more chance of catching something whilst moving round the city than anyone else moving round the city.

The main problem would be standing next to infected people in a packed stadium for 90 minutes.

Inigo Montoya

Isn’t suspended yet they’re reviewing it, but I guess it will be suspended before 6pm kickoff tonight
I hardly think they'll wait just before KO and then decide to call it off.

Sure the decision is imminent, so everyone can get the feck out of wherever they are

Deery

Dreary
I hardly think they'll wait just before KO and then decide to call it off.

Sure the decision is imminent, so everyone can get the feck out of wherever they are
Yeah, should of said anytime before kickoff, fully expect it to be cancelled now though

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Ok Marca This is a good news. Don't photoshop anything this time.

AshRK

Suspend all the european football for 3 weeks and see how things are then before making further decision.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Can someone explain why it will be fine to play again next season, when surely the virus spreads more by then, making risk of infection higher. I don't quite understand

crossy1686

career ending
If MARCA have said this based then they want hammering for scaremongering.

There's a difference between informing people and putting out sensationalist headlines in an attempt to get more clicks.

King_Eric

Can someone explain why it will be fine to play again next season, when surely the virus spreads more by then, making risk of infection higher. I don't quite understand
First of all, noone knows if it will be fine again next season.

But at some point, a large part of the population will have immunity, so there shouldn't be an exponential spread of the virus anymore by then. There might be more antiviral drugs identified by then, there might even be a vaccin at some point. Hospitals will be better equipped to deal with the more severe cases...

The main issue today is to slow down the infection spread. To try to go from an exponential rate to a more linear rate, so our health system can cope with the consequences better.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
From a fan point of view I want to see us play tonight but it’s pretty pointless. It’s clear at this stage European competition won’t be concluded this season. Kick off only hours away but I expect tonight’s round to be last of this season.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
What do you mean? next season will be much safer. The infected people would have been recovered by then. Viruses don't live forever, experts believe that come summer it will be harder for Corona Virus to survive unless if They mutate. China only need around 3 months to recover 77% of their infected people, with only less than 20 new cases each day. They will soon be free of it. The main focus now is to limit the spread of the virus because not every country is prepared for a pandemic. Also, the more sick people = business struggling = global economy slowing down, not mentioning the number of deaths.

crossy1686

career ending
It's not so much the virus itself that's the issue, it's the impact it has on infrastructure that's causing issues.

People getting sick means taking time off work, which means the economy slowly grinds to a halt. No public transport, no care workers, no food industry or retail workers. Hospitals are at 200% capacity right now dealing with people panicking and genuinely having a bad time due to the virus, this means that cancer, stroke and other emergency treatment patients are getting neglected and are dying as a result.

The stopping of events is to protect the most vulnerable people from the virus. It's more likely that a careworker will attend a football match, catch the virus and go to work and completely wipe out an old folks home, than someone who is vulnerable actually being at a huge public event.

What they're trying to do at the moment is slow down the spread in hopes they find something the virus responds to which will protect the most vulnerable amongst us. Once they do that everything will return to normal.

The virus isn't going anywhere and we'll all most likely get it at some point in the next 12 months but there may be something you can take at that point that will reduce the effects of it.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Suspend the Premier League and let the current top four qualify for the CL next season. Just a sensible suggestion.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why Tuesday? Won't the climate be vastly different for the worse by then anyway?

Charles Miller

In the future i hope we can kill all virus with nanobots. And maybe we can create other nano-machines to hunt nanobots in case of malfunction.

Inigo Montoya

Suspend all the european football for 3 weeks and see how things are then before making further decision.
You can’t get back to scheduled cup matches 3 weeks later. We will be playing until July, then there’s the Olympics and other events

There are also the events planned in summer at all the stadiums. It’s a feck up but if football has to be cancelled to prevent the further spread of the disease