UEFA Mens player of the year award

Uniquim

In the women's category, all three nominees plays for Barcelona.
Guess you need to get to some sort of UEFA final (Euros/CL) to be considered for this award.

EDIT: Swedish WNT coach also nominated. Got to the Olympics final, so that's not a UEFA final.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Mancini manages Italy - that's why it's not only about CL as well. Should be therefore Tuchel/Jorginho imho

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
Noice, some new faces. Tired of seeing those two faces.
Lewandowski rightly deserved it last year, but was robbed of Balon D'or.
Kante deserves it this year, but Jorginho makes a stronger case with the Euro's win.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Surprise there's no Lewandowksi or Messi.

Its all about CL and Euro, isn't it.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They thought the Messi/Ronaldo era would be broken up by Mbappe/Haaland. They forgot about J5 though :lol:

Deery

Dreary
Raheem Sterling being in a top 10 is criminal, he was shocking all season apart from nicking a few goals at the Euros..

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Emery should have been there ahead of Guardiola for me.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Does de Bruyne just get in these list by default because of his name?

Pintu

I mean the first six entries on that list are good choices, but after that it becomes a bit of a train wreck.
Galtier did a great job in France. And Olé had a good domestic season as well.
Southgate with England's first medal in ages. Kasper Hjulmand taking Danmark as far he did.

Which names would you rather have instead of them ? The only other names I could think of as a "Europe top 10" this season are Gasperini and maybe Flick.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Jorginho - Mancini obviously. Which should also be balon d'or - coach of the year - FIFA The Best as well

Golden Nugget

How did Bruno not get in any Sterling did. One had a great league season and a poor euros; one had a poor season and good euros. It’s silly how they decide these things

Andersons Dietician

Pisses me of the idea that you need to have won something with your team to be considered for this. Seems to have moved away from the idea of being the best player in the world.

Kante sure but KDB better than Bruno or Shaw last year? I don’t think so. Fecking Diaz and Stones were better than him.

Mike Smalling

How is Lewandowski not top three? He got 48 goals in 40 appearances last season, and even though Poland didn't do well in the Euro's he got three goals for himself.

KeanoMagicHat

Jorginho - Mancini obviously. Which should also be balon d'or - coach of the year - FIFA The Best as well
Jorginho wasn't outstanding in either the Euros or the Champions League. He's just simply nowhere near the best players in the world, so shouldn't get near the Ballon d'Or.

For this award, Kanté deserves it for the rare distinction of being man of the match in both semi-final legs and the final.

Oranges038

How is Lewandowski not top three? He got 48 goals in 40 appearances last season, and even though Poland didn't do well in the Euro's he got three goals for himself.
Because he only won the Bundesliga again.

Kante played a massive part in Chelsea winning the CL. He was their best player in most of the important games.

Jorginho had a good Euros. Bonucci was Italy's best player for me but he won nothing else and Jorginho also won the CL.

De Bruyne is a sympathy vote for getting his face hurt in CL final and losing.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Jorginho and kante player of the season top 3 who would have thought when Lampard was sacked. :lol: . Kante deserved it more but won't complain if jorginho win it.:drool:

acnumber9

Jesus, the rest of the Chelsea team must be shit if the fourth best team in England had two of the top three players in Europe.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Jesus, the rest of the Chelsea team must be shit if the fourth best team in England had two of the top three players in Europe.
Oh sorry none of man utd player not even in top 10.So sad.:D

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
How did Bruno not get in any Sterling did. One had a great league season and a poor euros; one had a poor season and good euros. It’s silly how they decide these things
I think they just prefer to look at CL and Euro form, and overlook the league form.