Uk Doctors Told to Ration Blood Tests

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Got this email last week,it’s such a stressful situation for the Doctors as well. Madness

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Of course it’s not front page news, the media don’t hold the government to account, neither does the opposition leader.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Apparently the USA has also struggled with this.
Yep. I believe a NHS supplier described it as a "global shortage".

However, they also said that in addition to increased demand the industry was also experiencing continued transportation problems, including port and transport capacity, air freight capacity and "UK border challenges".

So it sounds like it may be something of a problem generally but Brexit worsened it to this point in the UK while EU countries remain seemingly unimpacted for the moment.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yep. I believe a NHS supplier described it as a "global shortage".

However, they also said that in addition to increased demand the industry was also experiencing continued transportation problems, including port and transport capacity, air freight capacity and "UK border challenges".

So it sounds like it may be something of a problem generally but Brexit worsened it to this point in the UK while EU countries remain seemingly unimpacted for the moment.
There’s been shortages of everything/everywhere. Although obviously this can be mitigated against by forming a frictionless trading collective with all your near neighbours, so scarce supplies can be shared around to ensure nobody actually runs out.

Perhaps the Uk should consider joining such a collective?

Nah. They’ll be grand. India, New Zealand and Canada will save the day!

0le

I just had a blood test for an MRI scan of all things. Pretty lucky I guess. :nervous:

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Great news. Don’t want my blood going in any wishy washy EU tubes. British tubes for British blood only.

Wolverine

Surprised this isn’t front page news. Wild situation to end up in.

Nobody seems to want to blame Brexit but no other countries affected so…
Its a bloody scandal. 17th september is the magical date given when it'll all be fixed apparently. Apparently affecting hospitals too, I thought it was mainly primary care.
Horrible for safe prescribing and diagnostics. We're already behind on our monitoring for chronic illnesses too and people pissed off already at GPs enough as it is.

Brophs

The One and Only
And yet it's not even in the top 5 of Johnson's shitlist.

0le

Thanks, so the good news is that things seem to return as normal from 8th October by the latest, although supply issues "are not fully resolved".

I did like the end of that article:
The UK's supply chains have been hit in recent weeks by a perfect storm of a huge shortfall of lorry drivers, a lack of EU workers post-Brexit, and staff being forced to isolate, disrupting the supply of dozens of items like medical supplies, milk and peri-peri chicken.
What the feck would we do without our peri-peri chicken. :lol: