Uncharacteristically incredible performances

Ibi Dreams

I was reminded in another thread of the game that Memphis Depay had against Midtjylland, and how for 90 minutes he looked like he could be the next Ronaldo. Before and after that he had his moments, but was never convincing. Let's not get too bogged down with discussions about how poor the opposition was - I know Midtjylland aren't a good team, but the point is that Memphis looked like an amazing player that day in an otherwise disappointing spell with us.

What else can you think of?

Marcelinho87

I was reminded in another thread of the game that Memphis Depay had against Midtjylland, and how for 90 minutes he looked like he could be the next Ronaldo. Before and after that he had his moments, but was never convincing. Let's not get too bogged down with discussions about how poor the opposition was - I know Midtjylland aren't a good team, but the point is that Memphis looked like an amazing player that day in an otherwise disappointing spell with us.

That skill @4:17

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

The second I read the thread title, I knew that this would be the perfromance that the OP would be talking about, else I'd be posting about it.

Has arguably been the best individual performance by an outfield player in post SAF era

GeorgieBoy

Brad Friedel everytime he played against us.

Alfonso Alves when he scored a brace against us for Middlesborough.

Sir Scott McToMinay

One of my top 5 all time favorite individual performances by a Manchester United player.

A week after that 1-4 loss away to Boro, against a vastly superior midfield what a performance, kicked JT in the bollocks as well.

True warrior.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The second I read the thread title, I knew that this would be the perfromance that the OP would be talking about, else I'd be posting about it.

Has arguably been the best individual performance by an outfield player in post SAF era
Considering the opposition, there are better ones. Mata at Anfield comes to mind, honourable mentions for Zlatan in the league cup final and Martial in the final day 2-2 draw at West Ham which cost us the top 4.

Irwin99

Phil Neville smashing Patrick Vieira in 2002 OT match. The headline for one of the papers next day was 'Who would have thought it-Phil Neville blows title race wide open' :lol: Fantastic MOTM performance in the centre of the park against a truly colossal player in Vieira.

Ibi Dreams

Considering the opposition, there are better ones. Mata at Anfield comes to mind, honourable mentions for Zlatan in the league cup final and Martial in the final day 2-2 draw at West Ham which cost us the top 4.
Zlatan having a great game wasn't uncharacteristic, he was a fantastic player and was good for us, and Martial has had many good games (as well as many poor ones). That game from Memphis really sticks out for me because it was so far above anything else he ever did for us.

I feel like Fellaini also had a few ridiculous games, mostly against us, that he never really replicated when he was with us. I seem to remember at least one game where he was just everywhere, receiving every ball and breaking up the play constantly

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Zlatan having a great game wasn't uncharacteristic, he was a fantastic player and was good for us, and Martial has had many good games (as well as many poor ones). That game from Memphis really sticks out for me because it was so far above anything else he ever did for us.

I feel like Fellaini also had a few ridiculous games, mostly against us, that he never really replicated when he was with us. I seem to remember at least one game where he was just everywhere, receiving every ball and breaking up the play constantly
Agree but the post I quoted called it the best individual performance in the post SAF era, which it clearly is not.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
One of my top 5 all time favorite individual performances by a Manchester United player.

A week after that 1-4 loss away to Boro, against a vastly superior midfield what a performance, kicked JT in the bollocks as well.

True warrior.
Alan Smith against Roma would also be a good shout.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Phil Neville smashing Patrick Vieira in 2002 OT match. The headline for one of the papers next day was 'Who would have thought it-Phil Neville blows title race wide open' :lol: Fantastic MOTM performance in the centre of the park against a truly colossal player in Vieira.
This. Was his best game ever.

vulmik

Wes Brown 1st leg 2008 Champions League Semi Final.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Owen's hat-trick at Wolfsburg (considering his post-Liverpool career).

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Well...Lucas Moura scoring a hattrick in a CL semi kinda shocked me.

Whiskey Red

Supports
Liverpool
Schillaci in the 1990 world cup is always who I think of when this type of question comes up.

Orestetes

Pirlo is still stuck in Ji Sung Park's pocket after the Champions League ties against AC Milan in 2009

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Pirlo is still stuck in Ji Sung Park's pocket after the Champions League ties against AC Milan in 2009
Pirlo was pathetic in that game alright. Spent the whole game complaining to the ref about being closed down repeatedly then I saw him speak about that some years after, still bitter.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

He made their right back cry.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Perreira in pretty much any pre-season game

roykeane19

Thats was mostly because he used his streght and size to win the ball, against us, but refs were happy with that. When he joined us, despite being fouled and having his shirt pulled non stop he would get fouled by the ref for everything

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Kovacic's debut for us against Arsenal, he looked like a Modric/Makelele hybrid when he came on.

RedCurry

Darren Gibson in that CL game against Bayern Munich.

Cleverley and Ando turning the game around against Man City.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I don't think this really counts. He went on to have other good games for us and he was clearly talented but he was too injury prone to ever find any consistency and reach his potential.