g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

#UnfollowManUnited

clarkydaz

If all the people who have a ticket for Sunday, just didnt go, what a statement that would be. Arsenal fans did something similar last season when many people stayed away during the final weeks of Wenger's tenure. It worked treat.
yep, empty seats look really bad for the brand and the media will be all over it. Hit them where it hurts

Seveneric

What stops the club from buying followers if they notice the follower count drops to mask the effect of this"protest"?

Will Singh

Didn't know what this hashtag was about until a fan channel vid today, I seriously don't think the club gives a flying feck about followers and in today's market you can buy a million or 2 followers and no one will ever now. If we really want to protest don't go to the game and unsub from mutv and stop buying there merchandise.

bludsucker

Any up date on numbers
Seems like it has fizzled out. The numbers are back to positive the last two days. It’s like social media campaigns have a very short shelf life unless concerted efforts are put in to keep it alive.

dave1956

Seems like it has fizzled out. The numbers are back to positive the last two days. It’s like social media campaigns have a very short shelf life unless concerted efforts are put in to keep it alive.
Thanks for the up date

jem

Didn't know what this hashtag was about until a fan channel vid today, I seriously don't think the club gives a flying feck about followers and in today's market you can buy a million or 2 followers and no one will ever now. If we really want to protest don't go to the game and unsub from mutv and stop buying there merchandise.
I think all of the above should be done. If you are on social media, I would still keep posting the unfollow hashtag. It's not like it takes any effort, and it keeps it alive. I mean it can't really hurt, but as you said, more tangible efforts also have to be made. I will never buy a United shirt while this regime is in place and I certainly will never subscribe to mutv.