Unique Skills

kidbob

So Rory Delap, while being an all round incredible talent, has the honour of having by far the greatest long throw in recorded history. Any other examples of players who could do things no one else really could?

Aidan Azar

Supports
Chelsea
Maybe not unique but Quaresma and the trivela.

spaceboyRSA

Zlatan does some really weird flicks. The one that comes to mind is chest high and he flicks it with the outside of his foot. Dunno how else to describe it.

Also Roberto carlos and his piledriver free kicks

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
The first player-skill combo that comes to mind is René Higuita and the Scorpion Kick block, don't think any other goalkeepers have even tried to recreate/imitate that particular two-footed version in a proper match...the chances of winding up with egg on your face and becoming an unforgettable meme are way too high.

dablem_10

Ronaldinho's use of whole body
Messi's decision making
Ronaldo's dedication
Lingard's getting into team without abilities - while off the ball movement and workrate been more valued than creativity

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Des Lyttle was purportedly one of the best Duck Hunt players in the world.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Tom Huddlestone has such great technique when it comes to striking the ball. So effortless. A bang average footballer at best, but the way he strokes the ball is so aesthetically pleasing. So clean and straight, rarely ever puts any spin or bend on it.

Here's a few in this very low quality video

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Tom Huddlestone has such great technique when it comes to striking the ball. So effortless. A bang average footballer at best, but the way he strokes the ball is so aesthetically pleasing. So clean and straight, rarely ever puts any spin or bend on it.

Here's a few in this very low quality video

Can I add Xhaka into this ? His short range passing is atrocious, picks up ridiculous yellow cards and gives away stupid fouls. But I don't think I've ever seen him not test the keeper from a long range strike, remarkable accuracy.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Can I add Xhaka into this ? His short range passing is atrocious, picks up ridiculous yellow cards and gives away stupid fouls. But I don't think I've ever seen him not test the keeper from a long range strike, remarkable accuracy.
True. Xhaka has a great strike on him.

Charlie Adam is another. Man, he was shite, but his dead balls and long range shots were so well hit. He'd just put his foot through the ball and drill it as straight as an arrow.

youmeletsfly

For long shots we should talk about Hagi or Recoba. But man Hagi was crazy, scored more goals outside than inside the box.
Long distance:Hagi, Juninho
Curlers: Del Piero, Recoba
Dribbers: Jay Jay Okocha
Through passes: Guti
First touch: Zizou, Berbatov, Ozil,
Volleys:LeTessier

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Total two-footedness/having no real weaker foot?

Santi Cazorla taking corners with either foot, Dembele taking penalties with either.

CarlosR

That Phil's heel pass really good. I think he has good ability

thepolice123

Zlatan does some really weird flicks. The one that comes to mind is chest high and he flicks it with the outside of his foot. Dunno how else to describe it.

Also Roberto carlos and his piledriver free kicks

Never seen a player who could pull this off as consistently as Zlatan. I think his height and karate (or Taekwondo?) background makes this such a unique skill.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Rory Delap, so overrated. His throws are a dime a dozen in Iceland. Aron Einar Gunnarsson (Iceland and former Cardiff captain) has a massive throw on him. Every other women's team can do it, some do by doing a cartwheel even. When you grow up practising handball and basketball along with football you learn to throw a ball.

Michael Laudrup used to pass players easily by doing a quick dribble from one foot to the other. You see players do it here and there, mostly the very good dribblers, but rarely a midfielder doing it consistently with such finesse.

galwayfa

Jayjay with his step over, unbelievable. M laudrup had one too, you knew it was coming but defenders would still fall for it.

KeanoMagicHat

Juninho with free kicks, have never seen someone with the same variety and range.
Beckham for crosses, again have never seen someone get the accuracy and whip on such a regular basis.
Ronaldo (Brazil) for rounding the keeper which is a lot harder than he made it look.