United Coaching School

ukbob

Caf's Coolest Rag n Bone man
Attended a United Coaching School with my grandson at nearby Palatine. The worst coaching I have ever seen in my life. Absolutely ashamed to be a United supporter. Yes, the coaches were from the United academy but not involved with promoting the United way. Now the La Liga camp were so much more positive and put our lot to shame.
Before you all go rabbiting on that I don't have a clue I am a FIFA qualified coach

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Attended a United Coaching School with my grandson at nearby Palatine. The worst coaching I have ever seen in my life. Absolutely ashamed to be a United supporter. Yes, the coaches were from the United academy but not involved with promoting the United way. Now the La Liga camp were so much more positive and put our lot to shame.
Before you all go rabbiting on that I don't have a clue I am a FIFA qualified coach
Send a complaint to the united info email thingy. They need to hear stuff like this.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
What do you mean by this?

ukbob

What do you mean by this?
Teaching kids how to attack and the basics. All they had the kids do was play against each other for an hour or more when they would have been better off teaching the kids rather than just standing around, all of this for $500 + !!

MrPooni

To clarify, @ukbob is referring to a "Pro United Soccer" camp which a third-party summer camp that technically, as far as I understand, has nothing to do with the club. Sure some of the coaches involved work for our academy and the company stresses that fact in a lot of their marketing materials but it's just an off season cash grab.

Bamboozler

As stated, it is a 'commercial' enterprise that is geared towards profit. It's a 'summer camp' experience for younger players to learn some skills from qualified coaches. The level of coaching is going to vary greatly from one camp / company to the next. You don't judge an entire clubs coaching hierarchy from it's younger less experienced coaches who are participating in a money making exercise while wishing to do some traveling of the USA. If they were full time professional coaches then they wouldn't be working in a 'summer camp' format for the most part, these are usually J1 VISA exchanges which limit the amount that can be earned while allowing the coaches some time to travel at the end of their work schedule. It's a working vacation if you will.

This doesn't mean they can rip people off by any means, but by the same token you can receive just as good if not better coaching by going to other branded camps.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Bob what you on about? Those coaches arent actual United coaches. However if there is sub par coaching being done under the clubs name please complain to them. I was a USSF licensed coach for 10 years and never heard anything but praise about "United" camps.

ukbob

Bob what you on about? Those coaches arent actual United coaches. However if there is sub par coaching being done under the clubs name please complain to them. I was a USSF licensed coach for 10 years and never heard anything but praise about "United" camps.
They were Academy United coaches, I checked

MrPooni

Just to add to what @Bamboozler and I were saying earlier in the thread, there's little doubt that some of the coaches in this program have been involved with the club in some capacity - it's just naive to assume they were going to provide top level coaching at what's effectively their summer holiday.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
As somebody who has been (unfortunately) around the youth soccer scene in Chicago for the last 10 years, I can safely say that it is fecking pathetic. Our facility gets approached by several academies brandishing famous club crests, but by and large they are all a joke. As is the entire youth soccer scene here, where all that matters is player turnover and cash. I see parents paying thousands upon thousands of dollars a year to have their kid in some shitty academy. The Chicago Fire are the absolute worst of the worst.

ukbob

As somebody who has been (unfortunately) around the youth soccer scene in Chicago for the last 10 years, I can safely say that it is fecking pathetic. Our facility gets approached by several academies brandishing famous club crests, but by and large they are all a joke. As is the entire youth soccer scene here, where all that matters is player turnover and cash. I see parents paying thousands upon thousands of dollars a year to have their kid in some shitty academy. The Chicago Fire are the absolute worst of the worst.
Spot on. Am thinking even at my age to do coaching again , just for the money !!! Where in Chicago are you ??? maybe we could make a fortune !!!

Bamboozler

Take a look at the webpage advertising the coaching staff... they have had to blur out the United badge, obviously this is due to copyright and image use regs etc... but it also should tell you that you are not getting a United Coach, you are getting the person within the uniform who is on a 'working vacation'.... the expectations on them from the camp company are much much different to those they face back home. This isn't to say that you should expect nor accept sub par coaching / treatment, however, it is a case of 'buyer beware' when looking into the razzmatazz of Summer Camp PR.