United getting battered.

Irwin99

You could argue it started with the 6-1 home defeat to Spurs or the 4-2 against Liverpool four seasons ago but over the past three years it's just not a surprise to see this team get hammered anymore. For the players who have been here for more than 4 or 5 years it must feel inevitable when things are going badly.

GinobiliTheGOAT

United have a poor transfer strategy that will bury them year after year. They need a huge shake up from the top down.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
@Licha-Vidic had a post about how most of our hammerings have come in the Ole/Ten Hag era. A lot of common denominators in those games too.
Moyes managed to take two 3-0 home batterings to City and Liverpool over about a week. With a team who'd cruised the league the season before.
Plus slammed away at City too.

Swearing Budgie

Imagine the fallout if City lost and were utterly outplayed at home. I think most of us are just happy to not lose by six today. 0-3 against a decent team is the new 0-1.

Standards have fallen so far and there will be no consequences for any of the players. At least Bruno seemed to be mildly annoyed.

Raw

It's really fecking embarrassing for a club of our stature. Standards have dropped through the floor.

I was talking to a Liverpool fan about it, up until the last few years that 4-1 in 2009 was the biggest result they could have boasted about. Now they've got 4-0, 5-0 and 7-0 in the space of a few years! They couldn't believe how little reaction the club had to these losses, especially the 7-0.

It's becoming a sad routine for us. Feck sake if we're gonna lose can we at least now bend over backwards for them? We never dominate games against these teams.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
You've only got one note mate.

However the game goes it's always "Bruno makes us transitional so we lost"

Bruno was hardly involved today and wasn't in midfield either. A wide player doesn't dictate a game. He didn't play well individually but this influence you see him having is so overstated.

Today we didn't play like a transitional team or a possession team. Was nothing to do with tactics.

Just a bunch of players who aren't good enough. Physically or technically.

How comes it's a recurrent thing. Continue burying your head, alot of people who have been calling out the team set-up have even gone mum, why because it sounds like a broken record now. It's like repeating the same same opinions.

If you can't see how in the last 4 years our performance have nosedived then I have nothing much to tell you bro. There are people who have played almost every game in those 4 years.

The damage that has happened to United in the last 4 years needs to be written in a book.

Godfather

And it's almost becoming an acceptable thing now. With Jose he still came out and apologised after getting hammered. And he got hugely ciritcised. Now it's just another day at work. Standards have dropped and dropped and dropped.

KD6-3.7

We have replaced Arsenal as the whipping boys for the other big clubs.

It's utterly embarrassing some of our results especially against City and Liverpool the last decade.

Licha-Vidic

And it's almost becoming an acceptable thing now. With Jose he still came out and apologised after getting hammered. And he got hugely ciritcised. Now it's just another day at work. Standards have dropped and dropped and dropped.
Mourinho only lost once by 4 goals in the league. Against Chelsea.
Even at his sacking it was a 3 goal at Anfield with a red card, not a 7 nil or 4 nil hammering.
The structure and set up of the team collapsed since 2020. It's has supportive evidence.

AndySmith1990

Kinda funny actually how people mock Everton for never turning up against Liverpool. Has Everton ever been thrashed 7-0 by them? Or thrashed as consistently as we have been by our "rivals"?

Godfather

Mourinho only lost once by 4 goals in the league. Against Chelsea.
Even at his sacking it was a 3 goal at Anfield with a red card, not a 7 nil or 4 nil hammering.
The structure and set up of the team collapsed since 2020. It's has supportive evidence.
Which proves my point. I still remember how he came to the stands and apologised for the performance. Now we have the bald twat tell us how we played well after another battering against our rivals. And he keeps on playing the same idiots that can't perform but are seemingly too big to be dropped.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
Your midfield is really bad. It's so easy to bypass.
This. And this after spending north of 200M in the last two windows on midfielders. 200M+ on Mount, Antony and Casemiro. Baffling transfer strategy.

Yet, Sabitzer and Amrabat, the loan signings look like players we actually should've signed (probably for less than 50M collectively).

Marwood

How comes it's a recurrent thing. Continue burying your head, alot of people who have been calling out the team set-up have even gone mum, why because it sounds like a broken record now. It's like repeating the same same opinions.

If you can't see how in the last 4 years our performance have nosedived then I have nothing much to tell you bro. There are people who have played almost every game in those 4 years.

The damage that has happened to United in the last 4 years needs to be written in a book.
Well yeah its obvious we keep getting beat badly in big games. Doesn't need pointing out.

But if you think dropping Bruno for any other player on the right tonight makes a difference I'm afraid that's very much burying your head.

This is a whole team problem. It's going to take massive change. Not one player.

AFC NimbleThumb

I genuinely think there’s a trauma that has set in with some players, in so much as you lose big once, twice, three times it stops becoming the unforgivable thing it should be.

I don’t think we’ll see the end of these results until the likes of Bruno, Rashford, Maguire, Lindelof etc. are gone.

Skills

Snitch

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
"Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing." - Vince Lombardi

LordSpud

Liverpool won't take pity on us. Especially at Anfield the crowd will want 6 or 7 again

James35

Nice to see us get smashed by our rivals again. How many batterings will we add to the collection this season?

Is there any other side that gets battered as often as United in the last 3-4 years? City, Liverpool, Villa, Newcastle, Spurs, Brentford, Brighton, Watford, Leicester. We've had it bad.
I put in another thread we have lost 14 of the 48 league games EtH has managed. In those games we conceded 41 and scored just 9. It’s horrific and sack worthy if it carries on.

Licha-Vidic

Well yeah its obvious we keep getting beat badly in big games. Doesn't need pointing out.

But if you think dropping Bruno for any other player on the right tonight makes a difference I'm afraid that's very much burying your head.

This is a whole team problem. It's going to take massive change. Not one player.
Again, I have no time to explain everything to you again but I will try.

1. Most of our hammering have happened in the last 4 years.
2. In the last 4 years, we have changed
  • Managers ( From Ole to ETH)
  • GK (From DDG to Onana)
  • Defenders ( From Maguire/Lindelof to Varane/Martinez)
  • Midfielders ( McFred - CasEriksen/Amrabat)
  • Right Winger ( Greenwood/James to Antony)
  • Striker ( Martial to Hojlund)
But miraculously, we still play the same same way we played in 2021.
Heck, we have even changed from Woodward to Anorld but we still play the same way.

What the difference between Ole and ETH? Just name 1 big difference in play? Absolutely nothing. Why? because ETH is playing the team exactly to the strengths Ole built.

Should I tell you who have been the main stay in this team in this 4 year period?

Bruno and Rashford.

Ask any level headed fan now, players stinking the place, most will tell you it's Bruno and Rashford. It's not a coincidence even the best game we've played this season both of them were not there.

Manchester United Football Club, plays in the image of Bruno Fernandes.
Bruno Fernandes is the fulcrum of the team.
He is the captain.
He is the brain of the team.
We are a shadow of Bruno Fernandes we follow what he does like a shadow.

You wonder why we are poor now? Because our Bruno is shit. When is the last time Bruno had a good game? When? This days Bruno doesn't not even create chances leave alone scoring.

The Juice is not longer worth the Squeeze with regards to Bruno.

I sang this song for more than 1 year now, the "Bruno ball over the top to Rashford" experiment has to END.

Either ETH ends it or another coach comes to end it. We will not mutate into a good team with Bruno in this team.

The Reason why we look so confused is because every other player wants to play actual football while our main man thrives on chaotic football.

Even today, second goal was from Bruno mispass. Go check it out.

I will tell you, Man United have a very small problem. Every small. And it's Midfield.

Man United midfield It doesn't create, it doesn't control football games, and it doesn't defend in blocks.

Marwood

Again, I have no time to explain everything to you again but I will try.

1. Most of our hammering have happened in the last 4 years.
2. In the last 4 years, we have changed
  • Managers ( From Ole to ETH)
  • GK (From DDG to Onana)
  • Defenders ( From Maguire/Lindelof to Varane/Martinez)
  • Midfielders ( McFred - CasEriksen/Amrabat)
  • Right Winger ( Greenwood/James to Antony)
  • Striker ( Martial to Hojlund)
But miraculously, we still play the same same way we played in 2021.
Heck, we have even changed from Woodward to Anorld but we still play the same way.

What the difference between Ole and ETH? Just name 1 big difference in play? Absolutely nothing. Why? because ETH is playing the team exactly to the strengths Ole built.

Should I tell you who have been the main stay in this team in this 4 year period?

Bruno and Rashford.

Ask any level headed fan now, players stinking the place, most will tell you it's Bruno and Rashford. It's not a coincidence even the best game we've played this season both of them were not there.

Manchester United Football Club, plays in the image of Bruno Fernandes.
Bruno Fernandes is the fulcrum of the team.
He is the captain.
He is the brain of the team.
We are a shadow of Bruno Fernandes we follow what he does like a shadow.

You wonder why we are poor now? Because our Bruno is shit. When is the last time Bruno had a good game? When? This days Bruno doesn't not even create chances leave alone scoring.

The Juice is not longer worth the Squeeze with regards to Bruno.

I sang this song for more than 1 year now, the "Bruno ball over the top to Rashford" experiment has to END.

Either ETH ends it or another coach comes to end it. We will not mutate into a good team with Bruno in this team.

The Reason why we look so confused is because every other player wants to play actual football while our main man thrives on chaotic football.

Even today, second goal was from Bruno mispass. Go check it out.

I will tell you, Man United have a very small problem. Every small. And it's Midfield.

Man United midfield It doesn't create, it doesn't control football games, and it doesn't defend in blocks.
Bruno wasn't in midfield today. I don't recall a single ball over the top from him to Rashford. We didn't play transitional football.

Still got beat 3 nil.

Your whole reasoning is so basic. Since Bruno arrived we've had heavy defeats. So it must be Bruno. Couldn't possibly be all the other players and managers underperforming as well.

Absolutely nobody played well today and the manager was poor. That's why we lost heavy again.