United Hour - Fred Sees Red (PSG Away)

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
This week, Ashwin (@AR87 ) and Jamie (@Vault Dweller ) witness Imran (@Annihilate Now! ) see red as he rants about Ole's decision to keep Fred on the pitch against PSG. They drill into the game, discuss the wider result, if we can beat RB next week and another 'Imran's Stupid Game' segment sees an American and Scotsman reading ability tested.

Let us know how many you scored out of 12 in the book quiz!

Thanks to Alex (@Alock1 ) for editing this one together and as always, give us a follow on Twitter and Instagram and all that good stuff. Also give us a 5 star review... you know you want to.

Last edited:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Another great addition of ISG at the end there:
Neville, Rio, Cole and Sharpe (I also guessed him for Keith Gillespie's) and Stevie Bruce after the fiction clue.

Amir

Agree with the point we never seem to play well with ten men and that it's been happening since Fergie's days. Obviously we got a few wins like that - the biggest one would be that semi final in 1999 - and I also remember one against Bolton with a late Berbatov winner, but we were never a team that could compensate for the loss of a player and still play our football.

I always thought it was because we weren't always the most systematic team, plus our weaker midfield in Fergie's latter years, which meant we didn't have something to fall back on.

nikineil

Fantastic pod again lads.

@Annihilate Now! with the rant of all rants. @Vault Dweller bringing the calm and @AR87 bringing his B game to the quiz at the end. ISG is awesome! To be fair to Ashwin, I think Jamie was googling it all. He said he was zoned out, but he was deep into Google bringing up books written by United players. Admit it!

About the game, completely agree. Stupid of Ole to keep Fred on. No sympathy for Fred. And Martial needs to REALLY get his shooting boots on. I think we could have gambled with Pogba and McT from the start in hindsight, giving Fred a rest. I also agree with @AR87 's point about the ref getting a handle on the game and stamping his authority early. I did look back at the HT scenes as pointed out bu Jamie. I might be wrong, but are players allowed to speak to the officials at HT? I thought that was not allowed?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
good effort lads - Im still confident we can get a result in Leipzig and if we dont then Imrans original prediction of winning the Europa League can still come true

Unlike you I have mostly good memories of West Ham away - its actually the away fixture I have attended the most and I had a great record at Upton Park until my first visit to the Olympic Stadium last season which was an absolute shocker and one of the low points of the season

Id have got 6 on the exUnited player books quiz - 4 I knew and 2 guesses