United Hour Podcast - Cravani Cottage (Fulham Away)

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Imran, Colm (@Duafc ) and David are in your ears to discuss United's hard fought 2-1 win over Fulham at Craven Cottage. They talk the highs of Pogba, joys of Cavani, the woes of Martial and the nerves of being in a title race. They also get into some midway season thoughts, preview the upcoming FA Cup game vs. Liverpool and find time for a quick stupid game. (thanks to @iammemphis for that!)

Also please share, tweet, follow and all that good stuff
Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/united-hour/id902792476
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/manchesterunitedpodcast/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/unitedhour/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/United_Hour
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/UnitedHour

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Game actually worked quite well :lol: and yes for clarification the contribution was inspired by last weeks emphatically confusing but incredibly funny game. Colms reaction to Solskjaer's legendary total haul against Fulham of 15 goals had me cracking up too :lol:.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Game actually worked quite well :lol: and yes for clarification the contribution was inspired by last weeks emphatically confusing but incredibly funny game. Colms reaction to Solskjaer's legendary total haul against Fulham of 15 goals had me cracking up too :lol:.
Perhaps was a little more invested in that game than I was letting on :nervous:

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Great episode lads. Thanks to David for the love and support :D
Heart was in mouth with the incident at the end, but buzzing to see that game out and get back to the top of the table.
I can't work out Loftus-Cheek. Not sure I see what others do, but he did play well second half. But credit to Fulham, I think they will get out of bother.
Watching their goal back, AWB has a percentage of the blame but most with Bailly for me. Maguire moves out wide so Bailly should shuffle across then too easy for Lookman.
Absolute stonewall penalty for me. Yes we won the game but I thought it absolutely should have been looked at more.
Maguire should score loads of headers.
Cavani is fecking mint. Start him at 9 every game.
Very annoyed by Martial's performance last night. I wouldn't pick him the next few games and agree with Colm, I think he will be moved on in the next 18 months.
Greenwood I think just needs to be a wee bit more street wise and to get more minutes up front.
Pogboom. Fantastic.
Enjoying the ride - would re-evaluate in 6 weeks or so.
Want to smash Liverpool.
And cracking at the end again Imran :lol:

croadyman

Great episode lads. Thanks to David for the love and support :D
Heart was in mouth with the incident at the end, but buzzing to see that game out and get back to the top of the table.
I can't work out Loftus-Cheek. Not sure I see what others do, but he did play well second half. But credit to Fulham, I think they will get out of bother.
Watching their goal back, AWB has a percentage of the blame but most with Bailly for me. Maguire moves out wide so Bailly should shuffle across then too easy for Lookman.
Absolute stonewall penalty for me. Yes we won the game but I thought it absolutely should have been looked at more.
Maguire should score loads of headers.
Cavani is fecking mint. Start him at 9 every game.
Very annoyed by Martial's performance last night. I wouldn't pick him the next few games and agree with Colm, I think he will be moved on in the next 18 months.
Greenwood I think just needs to be a wee bit more street wise and to get more minutes up front.
Pogboom. Fantastic.
Enjoying the ride - would re-evaluate in 6 weeks or so.
Want to smash Liverpool.
And cracking at the end again Imran :lol:
Wonder who Colm thinks we could replace Martial with in the next 18 months just out of interest

Duafc

Village Lemon
Wonder who Colm thinks we could replace Martial with in the next 18 months just out of interest
I think we will still buy a winger and maybe another 9 depending how they view Cavani long term and I just would expect Martial to be the one to lose out eventually!

I think Rashford will play LW long term, Greenwood will grow into our attack and whether it’s Cavani, Sancho, diallo, Halaand or some other purchases I have no doubt Ole will be looking for a 9/wingers in upcoming windows.

Personally I’d still love Sancho at the right price.

croadyman

I think we will still buy a winger and maybe another 9 depending how they view Cavani long term and I just would expect Martial to be the one to lose out eventually!

I think Rashford will play LW long term, Greenwood will grow into our attack and whether it’s Cavani, Sancho, diallo, Halaand or some other purchases I have no doubt Ole will be looking for a 9/wingers in upcoming windows.

Personally I’d still love Sancho at the right price.
How much do you think is the right price for Sancho just out of interest, still feel that Jack is made to play for Utd but he hasn't played on the RW since his days at Notts County so looks unlikely unless Pogba does still leave. I would love to sign Haaland despite having Mino behind him and maybe Ole's relationship with him can still play a part in this.

buckooo1978

I think Sancho is very likely given his form this season and Dortmund will be more motivated to sell - reckon we'll pay around 70/75m for him

City might be interested but think that fee is beyond Madrid/Barca - where Messi ends up might impact that too

If Liverpool sign an attacker it will surely be in that 9 position. Don't see Italian clubs competition if we are interested.

Even if Diallo really impresses we need quality and depth out wide.

Think this is Pogba's 'Last Dance' and I really hope it ends with a league title. Be great to put an amazing finish on a really erratic spell at the club in terms of performance level and the atmosphere it brings.

Good listen lads and that game at the end was funny

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
good effort lads - overly harsh on Martial I thought, hes obviously had a stinker this season but was very good last year

and despite the scoring, David was the clear winner in ISG - nice game @iammemphis
thought the Saha goals vs us were pretty well known as a big reason that Fergie signed him

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
good effort lads - overly harsh on Martial I thought, hes obviously had a stinker this season but was very good last year

and despite the scoring, David was the clear winner in ISG - nice game @iammemphis
thought the Saha goals vs us were pretty well known as a big reason that Fergie signed him
I'm not sure about that... We did sign him over 3 years later! Was definitely more because he was clearly "the best of the rest" striker in the league by 2004.

Duafc

Village Lemon
How much do you think is the right price for Sancho just out of interest, still feel that Jack is made to play for Utd but he hasn't played on the RW since his days at Notts County so looks unlikely unless Pogba does still leave. I would love to sign Haaland despite having Mino behind him and maybe Ole's relationship with him can still play a part in this.
70-80m probably fair I think, they’ll still want 100m.

100% agree on Grealish. Just a United player imo, Fergie signs him every day of the week. I wouldn’t even have a big concern over positions, he’d displace someone, somewhere and we’d be better for it.