United Hour Podcast: Curtain Raiser

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Stobzilla, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Aug 15, 2019

Stobzilla Official Team Perv

Football is back for real !

This week, @Stobzilla (Mark) @Duafc (Colm) and @VanGaalyTime (Rob) talk about our fantastic start against Chelsea, we deep dive on a couple of positions/players in the starting 11. Gush over Slabhead and preview our upcoming match against Wolves.

All while I get our schedule hilariously wrong and shout out the under age teams.

Podomatic (stream or download): https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/redcastpod/episodes/2019-08-15T12_44_58-07_00
    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/6BKcIaN8Mcjg6v4iYLnCNY

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/united-hour/id902792476?mt=2
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/manchesterunitedpodcast/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/United_Hour
  2. Aug 15, 2019

2 man midfield Incestuous Modern Woman (Dumper!)

Liking the more regular uploads. What's this, 3 in a fortnight? Cheers, lads.
  3. Aug 15, 2019

We are turning over a new leaf. Maybe. Start of the season optimism, new manager boost, our first real test will come in the winter etc. etc.
  4. Aug 16, 2019

Bastian Full Member

Loving the regularity. Great job yet again.

Also, the touch was not made easy by the pass in my humble opinion. I agree, sensational pass, perfectly weighted, but that touch is pure silk and not easy. See here at 2:30

The "kid" doesn't often produce a touch like that, so I give him great credit for it. That's a Mata touch, at pace.

If they stay relatively injury free this season, I'm predicting both Martial and Rashford getting 20 or more each. Hopefully they are the penalty takers and no one else.
  5. Aug 16, 2019

Beans New Member

Not having grown up watching football, it's nice to have a review of player performances, because I have a hard time watching everything at once, especially the center banks when the opponent has possession. I'm a ball watcher.
  6. Aug 16, 2019

Player ratings are something I was going to bring up to the rest of the group, think it will be good for discussion/arguments
  7. Aug 16, 2019

Also, I have no idea what me and @Duafc were on about near the end, Jordan Ibe still plays for Bournemouth.
  8. Aug 16, 2019

2 man midfield Incestuous Modern Woman (Dumper!)

:lol:
  9. Aug 16, 2019

Duafc Colm Murray

Enjoyed those highlights. Was certainly a bit of a mixed bag over his 80 Mins or what have you, but so much encouraging stuff there, in the press and on the ball.
  10. Aug 16, 2019

That'sHernandez Ominously close to getting banned

We always start this way, and then we start shitting the bed completely and the episodes drop off! It doesn't help that half the team have young families who take priority in the winter months as well.

I think there is a winter break this season so that might actually help us make time to get episodes out in the winter period.
  11. Aug 16, 2019

Vault Dweller Full Member

Nice one guys, will give this a listen to today. Loving the regular pods, keep up the good work boyos :)
  12. Aug 16, 2019

Duafc Colm Murray

Was this about Palace? I was talking about Ayew, did we say Ibe repeatedly?
  13. Aug 16, 2019

Dike_Manc New Member

Speaking of keeping the back 4 together, has anyone else have anxiety of Luke Shaw inevitably getting injured and seeing Ashley Young again??
    It's worrying how Shaw just can't get a string of games together.
  14. Aug 16, 2019

Rood nostradamus like gloater Scout

No, just @Stobzilla confusing himself as usual - in fact that Palace preview was a shambles; wrong date, no idea who played or what their score was first week either :wenger:
  15. Aug 16, 2019

AR87 Full Member

Put together an entire season last year. I'm more worried about him having the engine to get up and down the flank than I am about his ability to stay fit nowadays.
  16. Aug 16, 2019

Vault Dweller Full Member

Great pod as usual guys. Some of my thoughts:

- I was impressed by the line-up on Sunday and was pleased that the older players weren't just chucked in. Maguire, AWB, James, Martial and Pogba all pleased me watching them. DDG was very good too, comfortable and making the saves required. I like Andreas, I know he doesn't suit everyone but I think he can get better with a run of games.
    - I thought Chelsea had the better of the first half and some chances but I thought we actually were pretty solid. Thought a lot of the time Chelsea advanced to the edge of our defense then struggled to do anything. For them, thought Emerson and Jorginho were good. Mason Mount seems promising.
    - Thumping penalty by Rashford, loved it.
    - Maguire and AWB are FECKING AWESOME and have improved our defense a huge extent already.
    - I really don't think Shaw is up to it. He will do for this season but I think we need to upgrade this summer.
    - Dan James scoring made me chuffed to bits. He is gonna be one of my favourites.
    - I think Martial can be a number 9. In his first season he seemed to score a few goals around the 6 yard box and just outside so hopefully he can improve on this through the season.
    - Loved Rashford's goal and can see many goals being scored like that this season.
    - Loved the huddles and leadership being shown. I can already feel differently towards the team compared to last season.
    - Think we will beat both Wolves and Palace.

Cheers guys and looking forward to the next one!
  17. Aug 18, 2019 at 11:14

#07 makes new threads with tweets in the OP

As ever, a good listen.

Agree with everything you said about Pereira. He's a trier and nobody can take away his assist, he didn't do anything someone else in the squad couldn't have done though.

Your comments on the backline also totally on point. Incredible how much two signings have improved us. Even when things aren't secure you feel secure United can defend their way out of it.

The point that @Duafc picked up, about Ole being able to settle the side at half time, was something that jumped out at me. He wasn't able to turn things around when things got away from us in the last few months of last season. Good to see that change within 45 minutes of the new season.

Really think @Stobzilla is right about Jlingz. :p All he needs to do is up his goal count. Technically he's much better than someone like Dele Alli. It's just Dele scores more. If Lingard drove towards goal more and took more shots I think he would be much more effective, and he's got it in his locker.

Lastly, Dan James is going to smash it. It's funny how when a Dele or a Robertson comes through the CAF always complains we didn't get there first. However, when we do make a punt on a James so many go into meltdown. :rolleyes: