United Hour Podcast - Day Bright Robbery

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I will be doing another pod with Liverpool fan Jay after the Liverpool vs United game. Does anyone have any questions they'd like me to put to him?

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Aye mate.

Obviously Liverpool are winning the league this year. But where does Jay think they can go from there, what heights does he think they can reach?
And order for Klopp to keep the squad fresh and competitive, does he think there is a part of the squad he needs to recruit for in the summer / conversely is there anyone Liverpool will look to move on?

Mata's Had His Weetabix (Norwich / City / Wolves)

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
New episode with me, Colm @Duafc and Ashwin @AR87 going over a mixed bag of matches with the bore draw at Wolves away, horrible loss to City at home and destruction of Norwich. Plus ...
- Focus on our experienced players with Mata, Matic, Jones and Young
- Glazer / Woodward Out
- Transfer window chat
- Liverpool match preview

Vault Dweller

New episode with me, Colm @Duafc and Ashwin @AR87 going over a mixed bag of matches with the bore draw at Wolves away, horrible loss to City at home and destruction of Norwich. Plus ...
- Focus on our experienced players with Mata, Matic, Jones and Young
- Glazer / Woodward Out
- Transfer window chat
- Liverpool match preview

Looking forward to this one, since I was able to be at the game on Saturday. Will listen this afternoon.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm glad I could bring the joy of Weetabix to Ashwin... Now we need to somehow get him a box!

Vault Dweller

Great pod as usual guys, really enjoyed it.

Wolves game - Boring, so so boring. I thought we would have rested Maguire too so while it was good seeing certain players rotated I think others should also have been afforded the game off. Thought there was an improvement in the game when the subs were made but I would have preferred to have lost this at the time. Now the game is this evening, I want to win as I expect Wolves to have a weakened side but just hope we come through with no more injuries.

City game - Thought we were appalling first half as much as they were brilliant. Was disappointing to see us so far off the level we needed to be. We did win the second half though :D I thought Ole got the line up wrong but I thought Matic helped us out and we improved but the game was already done. Tiny slimmer of hope for the second leg but think the tie is done personally.

Norwich game - Was at this and thoroughly enjoyed it, despite only playing Norwich. As you guys said, they decided to try and perform an almost damage limitation exercise but they were so poor at it we picked them off easily. Could / should have won by more. Thought Mata was excellent and Williams had a very good game, Maguire too. Martial went between being infuriating and excellent too, but what I noticed watching the game live is what Matic brings to the team. Nothing spectacular but a good midfield presence which helped Fred and Williams and kept it simple. Mata also showed he still can be a great option in games where sides sit in but our players move for him, he still has an eye for a pass so just needs the willing runners.

Upcoming games - Expecting a win this evening, a defeat in the second leg v City and I honestly have no idea against Liverpool. I would be neither surprised with a 1-0 win or a 3-0 loss.

Side Notes

Woodward / Glaziers - Was interesting listening to the fans at the game. As alluded to in the pod, during a very good performance this was the reaction of the fans, showing the feelings of the match going fans is now even hitting a point where change is demanded. After listening to the Sunday Supplement and seeing journalists reaction on Twitter, real attention is being provided now so it will be interesting to see of this continues.

Transfers - I think we will see Bruno come in possibly with that Bellingham kid or a loan deal for a midfielder. Thought Young was a goner but might end up staying now. I agree with Nik with regards to Young too, that it is the fault of those above Ole.

Loved being at the game and the stadium tour / museum was fantastic too. For my part it gave me a lot of perspective this weekend too...that while things aren't great by any means and lots of change and other stuff is needed, God do I love this club :devil:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Very enjoyable (halfway through). Nik, Ole deserves credit for giving youngsters opportunities, no question. But not for rectifying mistakes - i.e. solidifying midfield after being destroyed by City. He chose to go into the game with a weaker midfield than he needed to. Just like he chose to put Bailly at right back against PSG that we all knew would be horrendous, then rectified that (no credit deserved).

0le

I think its his attitude as much as anything else that has been most impressive, and given the coaches and the managers the confidence to leave Young out of the team.

buckooo1978

Nick.... there is a fine line between positivity and delusion.... I fear you've crossed it my friend

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Nick.... there is a fine line between positivity and delusion.... I fear you've crossed it my friend
Which bit exactly prompted this conclusion?! :keano:

I'm actually not feeling so bullish about going to Anfield anymore as we played a far stronger side than I expected Vs Wolves plus we need Rashford

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Side Notes

Woodward / Glaziers - Was interesting listening to the fans at the game. As alluded to in the pod, during a very good performance this was the reaction of the fans, showing the feelings of the match going fans is now even hitting a point where change is demanded. After listening to the Sunday Supplement and seeing journalists reaction on Twitter, real attention is being provided now so it will be interesting to see of this continues.

Transfers - I think we will see Bruno come in possibly with that Bellingham kid or a loan deal for a midfielder. Thought Young was a goner but might end up staying now. I agree with Nik with regards to Young too, that it is the fault of those above Ole.

Loved being at the game and the stadium tour / museum was fantastic too. For my part it gave me a lot of perspective this weekend too...that while things aren't great by any means and lots of change and other stuff is needed, God do I love this club :devil:
Glad to hear your visit to the Theatre of Dreams reaffirmed everything for you!
out of interest, was there antiGlazer/Woodward chant around where you were sat in J stand? Seen some of the videos but wasnt sure how widespread the chants had been

Very enjoyable (halfway through). Nik, Ole deserves credit for giving youngsters opportunities, no question. But not for rectifying mistakes - i.e. solidifying midfield after being destroyed by City. He chose to go into the game with a weaker midfield than he needed to. Just like he chose to put Bailly at right back against PSG that we all knew would be horrendous, then rectified that (no credit deserved).
Well I think you can criticise for 'team selection' but still give credit for 'in game management' to adapt to problems

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
out of interest, was there antiGlazer/Woodward chant around where you were sat in J stand? Seen some of the videos but wasnt sure how widespread the chants had been

Well I think you can criticise for 'team selection' but still give credit for 'in game management' to adapt to problems
OK OK :cool:

Vault Dweller

Definitely man!

And aye, the chanting started in the Stretford End and then sporadically around the stadium people joined in, especially in J stand. It was much louder where we were after the third goal. I couldn't quite tell what was being chanted at first but as soon as it started in J stand it was recognizable. People weren't casually singing either, there was a lot of feeling in it.

Can definitely tell the fans have had enough now like.

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Apologies for lack of pod last week, been difficult getting everyone together at the same time

But tune in to Love Sports Radio now as our very own @Raees will be representing the podcast at 8:45am

Vault Dweller

Apologies for lack of pod last week, been difficult getting everyone together at the same time

But tune in to Love Sports Radio now as our very own @Raees will be representing the podcast at 8:45am

Nice one @Raees will need to try and catch this somewhere in a clip or something, unfortunately cannot listen as in work.

Bruno Fernandes Has Legs (City / Tranmere etc)

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
New pod - apologies for the sound quality (@AR87 Ashwin to blame!), thought about deleting this episode but it was a rare appearance from Imran @Annihilate Now! And had been a while since the last show so hope you lot can persevere

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Great pod guys. Enjoyed your take on the Woodward thing. When you joked about the walk-out in solidarity with Woodward, it reminded me of the hysteric reaction to the passing of Steve Jobs' when people used their Apple products to hold a vigil for a CEO of a multinational corporation.

I guess I haven't really been focusing enough on Fred, but you're right. He runs his heart out every single game. Would be great to see the work rate stats for teams and players individually. He must be way up there.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Great pod guys. Enjoyed your take on the Woodward thing. When you joked about the walk-out in solidarity with Woodward, it reminded me of the hysteric reaction to the passing of Steve Jobs' when people used their Apple products to hold a vigil for a CEO of a multinational corporation.

I guess I haven't really been focusing enough on Fred, but you're right. He runs his heart out every single game. Would be great to see the work rate stats for teams and players individually. He must be way up there.
Saw he got POTM for January - well deserved

Will be interesting to see how he links with Bruno now

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Saw he got POTM for January - well deserved

Will be interesting to see how he links with Bruno now
Yeah, I don’t think there’s a player who has turned a bigger corner. Absolute credit to him.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
"Colm didn't want to be the minority" :lol: That sequence was well funny. Glad to hear Imran again, he kept you nice and light @AR87, didn't have to listen to the convoluted diatribes about why Jose was to blame for your washing not being dry in time for to go out in your favourite shirt, chip roll not having enough sauce, train being late, office being to cold etc etc.

Rojo thinking on the touchline after Bailly he should have been sent off for a two-footer, "I want me some of that..." :lol: mint.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
"Colm didn't want to be the minority" :lol: That sequence was well funny. Glad to hear Imran again, he kept you nice and light @AR87, didn't have to listen to the convoluted diatribes about why Jose was to blame for your washing not being dry in time for to go out in your favourite shirt, chip roll not having enough sauce, train being late, office being to cold etc etc.

Rojo thinking on the touchline after Bailly he should have been sent off for a two-footer, "I want me some of that..." :lol: mint.
I think @Duafc silence here is telling (most likely he hasnt actually listened to it!)

and ye @AR87 does tend to go to the darkside whenever Jose is mentioned

Beans

Supports
Neutral
"Aaron Wan Bissaka is a tackling robot that we've programmed to do other things but can't understand what those other things are." I literally laughed out loud.

Last edited:
A Winter Warmer (Wolves / Chelsea Preview)

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
New episode featuring me and Colm @Duafc trying to fill the void of the winter break - due to a few gremlins in the system, David @DVG7 then joins in for the second half of the show.

Covering the boredraw with Wolves, Bruno's debut, Ighalo and preview of the Chelsea 6pointer.

The big discussion of the week is over where we think we will finish in the league with predictions from the podcast crew ranging from 4th to 9th!

Big thanks to @12OunceEpilogue who manages to make us sound like pros despite tech issues!

nikineil

I tend to agree that the winter break is really boring. But what, according to you guys, would be the best way to prevent player burnout? Except for eliminating cups ofcourse.