United Hour Podcast - Villa Victory Puts United Joint Top

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Happy New Year! This pod, Me, @Duafc and @AR87 get together to discuss United's very entertaining 2-1 home win against Aston Villa.

They praise the quality of the game, get into some good performances from our players, and then forget that this is actually a Manchester United podcast by spending far too long talking about Jack Grealish. They also touch on the Wolves game, our title chances and finish off with a not-so-stupid Imran's Stupid Game.

https://share.transistor.fm/s/13a6423b

As always, please take a second to leave us a positive review on Apple or wherever you get your Pods

Also please share, tweet, follow and all that good stuff - and if you've got some coin to spare, why not follow us on Patreon.

iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/united-hour/id902792476
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/manchesterunitedpodcast/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/United_Hour
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKK24eVljWHHOhl7KNb8_9A
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/UnitedHour

Roosney

Nice, will take the dogs for a long walk soon in the snow and listen to this.

Ace of Spades

The elbow is a pen and a red card, no idea how you can contest that. It is extremely dangerous, and that is a foul any day.

It is dumb how any challenges in the air are just waved off, when they are actually more dangerous for the players and should be reviewed more for such things.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Someone said they were looking for way to seeing Ziyech.

There he is going off

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
On the Top, top top, top defender discussion, Maguire is just below top, wavering in and out of just below top and top. Unfortunately he was bought as and is paid like a top top defender and he isn't.

He's been in decent form and Bailly works way better with him than Lindelof. I low key feel like the chaotic player is the kind of player that keeps him on his toes and keeps him from getting comfortable and sitting in positions where he gets stuck and makes mistakes.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
On the Top, top top, top defender discussion, Maguire is just below top, wavering in and out of just below top and top. Unfortunately he was bought as and is paid like a top top defender and he isn't.

He's been in decent form and Bailly works way better with him than Lindelof. I low key feel like the chaotic player is the kind of player that keeps him on his toes and keeps him from getting comfortable and sitting in positions where he gets stuck and makes mistakes.
I would agree... but how many top top center backs are out there currently? I think VVD is in a league of his own.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
nice one lads - shame I missed the joint top celebration!

I like Grealish but got a bit sick of the Jack love in, my heart is still with Jadon :drool:

croadyman

nice one lads - shame I missed the joint top celebration!

I like Grealish but got a bit sick of the Jack love in, my heart is still with Jadon :drool:
Mine is firmly with Jack and think he is capable of stepping into Bruno's shoes if required, however don't get the same confidence about Sancho being able to do that and don't feel he has that leadership about him either. I will give you that he provides better balance as Grealish hasn't played on the RW since 2013.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Mine is firmly with Jack and think he is capable of stepping into Bruno's shoes if required, however don't get the same confidence about Sancho being able to do that and don't feel he has that leadership about him either. I will give you that he provides better balance as Grealish hasn't played on the RW since 2013.
well we already have Van De Beek who can cover for Bruno or Pogba so at the moment I dont see an immediate need for Grealish, would be a good Pogba replacement in summer though

Sancho would fill the most obvious hole we currently have in the squad - getting Grealish to play wide right would just continue all the problems we have had on that side in recent years with Mata, Lingard etc playing out of position

croadyman

well we already have Van De Beek who can cover for Bruno or Pogba so at the moment I dont see an immediate need for Grealish, would be a good Pogba replacement in summer though

Sancho would fill the most obvious hole we currently have in the squad - getting Grealish to play wide right would just continue all the problems we have had on that side in recent years with Mata, Lingard etc playing out of position
I have to be honest I am not convinced that Ole wanted to sign Donny that much looking at his lack of game time so far, maybe we will see some more of him next season if Pogba gets sold in the summer but Jack would still need to come in anyway if that happens.

Just out of interest how much do you think it would take to sign Jadon this summer, presumably you are predicting lower than the £100m figure that was being touted about last time we tried to sign him.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I have to be honest I am not convinced that Ole wanted to sign Donny that much looking at his lack of game time so far, maybe we will see some more of him next season if Pogba gets sold in the summer but Jack would still need to come in anyway if that happens.

Just out of interest how much do you think it would take to sign Jadon this summer, presumably you are predicting lower than the £100m figure that was being touted about last time we tried to sign him.
I dont think VdB was top of the list for Ole but the opportunity came up to get a very good young player at a good price so he sanctioned it - we havent had many injuries in midfield so he has not been needed much, but if you think back to last season when we regularly played Andreas in midfield then you realise that we did need squad depth in that area

Dortmund will surely accept less this year - COVID is still hitting revenue and Im pretty sure he has made it clear that he wants to leave by now

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I would agree... but how many top top center backs are out there currently? I think VVD is in a league of his own.
5 years ago I'd have been all over it, these days I don't care as long as they can defend and take some responsibility.