United Hour Podcast - What A Burke (Sheffield Utd review)

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Didn't get enough of last nights game? Well now you can listen to an hour of us talking about it! Yes, Imran, Colm (@Duafc ) and Jamie (@Vault Dweller ) forced themselves to sit down and give a post-mortem on United's shocking 2-1 home defeat to bottom of the league Sheffield United. We dive into the poor attitude on display, question the mentality of our side and have some choice words for David De Gea and Anthony Martial, before previewing our upcoming trip to the Emirates and finishing off with another Stupid Game.

Also get yourself to Manscaped and get 20% off your order AND some free shipping to boot with the code UnitedHour. Do it... go on.

Transistor - https://share.transistor.fm/s/c0601226

Also please share, tweet, follow and all that good stuff
Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/united-hour/id902792476
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/manchesterunitedpodcast/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/unitedhour/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/United_Hour
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/UnitedHour

Don't forget to visit https://uk.manscaped.com/?redirect=1 and get 20% off plus Free Shipping when you use the code UNITEDHOUR - Don't miss out!

buckooo1978

Nice listen lads. Therapeutic.

Glad the point was raised about our difficulty scoring against low blocks. Weve had a decent run of late but its still a weakness in the squad. Maybe Mata could have made a difference. Ole certainly should have been more positive - some might spin it as him being loyal to the players on the pitch but drastic changes were required and he should have changed things far earlier.

Greenwood off when Martial was so poor was bonkers I felt.

We struggled similarly against Wolves and beat them with that Rashford deflected effort. We need a bit more guile in our attack in these situations. If Diallo can offer something a bit different in beating a man or creating situation id promote him ASAP.

Agree on the mentality point but things have improved.... that United shirt doesn't weigh as heavily on some players.

Win against Arsenal and we can forget the mess that was last night. Simple as that. Let's hope we show our ability and determination.

croadyman

Nice listen lads. Therapeutic.

Glad the point was raised about our difficulty scoring against low blocks. Weve had a decent run of late but its still a weakness in the squad. Maybe Mata could have made a difference. Ole certainly should have been more positive - some might spin it as him being loyal to the players on the pitch but drastic changes were required and he should have changed things far earlier.

Greenwood off when Martial was so poor was bonkers I felt.

We struggled similarly against Wolves and beat them with that Rashford deflected effort. We need a bit more guile in our attack in these situations. If Diallo can offer something a bit different in beating a man or creating situation id promote him ASAP.

Agree on the mentality point and things have improved.... that United shirt doesn't weigh as heavily on some players.

Win against Arsenal and we can forget the mess that was last night. Simple as that. Let's hope we show our ability and determination.
A win against Arsenal will not make me forget the mess of last night, only seeing City drop some ridiculous points against someone down the bottom again would allow me to maybe do that

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Knowing Nik he would have spun a positive on this defeat
Obviously a defeat is never positive, but its also not the end of the world. It was a crap performance but At the moment its a one off blip in an outstanding run of results, if we beat Arsenal then its forgotten, if we dont then we can start worry.

croadyman

Obviously a defeat is never positive, but its also not the end of the world. It was a crap performance but At the moment its a one off blip in an outstanding run of results, if we beat Arsenal then its forgotten, if we dont then we can start worry.
Great run of results but I think you would have to admit we were very lucky to beat Villa & Wolves and also not concede a last minute own goal to Fulham either so do feel a bad result was around the corner. I am worried about Saturday because have been awful there last two seasons and controversial as this sounds I would leave out Tony completely to send a message to the rest.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Great run of results but I think you would have to admit we were very lucky to beat Villa & Wolves and also not concede a last minute own goal to Fulham either so do feel a bad result was around the corner. I am worried about Saturday because have been awful there last two seasons and controversial as this sounds I would leave out Tony completely to send a message to the rest.
No I dont agree at all - we were good value for all those wins and have been playing very well in general, just check the xG (which also suggests we should have got a draw minimum from this match): https://understat.com/team/Manchester_United/2020

Yes we have a terrible record vs Arsenal recently and Arteta is the last one that Ole needs to tick off his hit list - hopefully Saturday is the time !

croadyman

No I dont agree at all - we were good value for all those wins and have been playing very well in general, just check the xG: https://understat.com/team/Manchester_United/2020

Yes we have a terrible record vs Arsenal recently and Arteta is the last one that Ole needs to tick off his hit list - hopefully Saturday is the time !
Don't do stats I am afraid because never think they tell the true story, the reason I would drop Tony on Sat is because quite frankly he doesn't put in the required workrate you get from Eddy and needs to realise that is never ever acceptable

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Don't do stats I am afraid because never think they tell the true story, the reason I would drop Tony on Sat is because quite frankly he doesn't put in the required workrate you get from Eddy and needs to realise that is never ever acceptable
Martial must be dropped - he's been given a lot of extra chances by OIe.

Im actually listening to the show now and @Annihilate Now! you said you dont want to blame the ref but those decisions were a pisstake and really havent been focused on enough, that our first 'goal' is disallowed because the ref doesnt understand the rules about waiting to blow his whistle is criminal

simplyared

I'm finding this current squad difficult to evaluate tbh. The main problem here is the man in charge. Looking at the squad he's got 3 world class players in Son, Kane and Ndombele. Höjbjerg is proving to be one of the best DM's in the PL. Alli has downed tools. Lloris far too inconsistent and makes too many costly mistakes. Lamela has never impressed me for what thats worth. Dier, Sissoko and Moura are decent I would say. Bale is a joke imo. The rest I'm not sure about. However what I do believe is another manager would be getting a much better tune out of them than Mourinho is.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Im actually listening to the show now and @Annihilate Now! you said you dont want to blame the ref but those decisions were a pisstake and really havent been focused on enough, that our first 'goal' is disallowed because the ref doesnt understand the rules about waiting to blow his whistle is criminal
The decision on that disallowed goal was a pisstake but a) no guarantee we win the game going into half time at 1-1 and b) we shouldn't need a bad decision after a goalkeeper spill to beat Sheffield United at home.

croadyman

The decision on that disallowed goal was a pisstake but a) no guarantee we win the game going into half time at 1-1 and b) we shouldn't need a bad decision after a goalkeeper spill to beat Sheffield United at home.
You talk an unbelievable amount of sense and glad to see you are sensible and come from the glass half empty brigade like myself, this means that you will still criticise even when we win but certainly not afraid to go in on players (Tony on Weds) when they are utterly dreadful and totally agree he needs to be moved on this summer.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
By the way thanks for providing the link to Manscaped. I clicked it once and am now plagued by ads on Youtube and elsewhere :lol:.

They're obviously going on a massive promotion push and have backed a fine horse in the shape of United Hour. I hope the clipper does the business too.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Imran’s stupid game is giving me serious rock busters flashbacks :lol:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I actually think there is a good argument to say we should have been 1-0 up at half time, even the massively biased Martin Keown on MOTD thought it was a a foul on DDG and that our goal should have stood!

We were undoubtedly poor but still deserved a draw I reckon

Last edited: