United Hour - Stick That In Your Hasenhüttl!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Top work for editor @12OunceEpilogue for getting this out so quickly - join me, Colm @Duafc and Jamie @Vault Dweller to reflect on our barnstorming revival at Southampton.

As well as Cavani's crucial influence we discuss Bruno's fantastic goal/assist stats, debate the make-up of United's best XI going forward and look ahead to our upcoming game with PSG.

Finally Jamie, having missed the previous episode, grasps a tenuous opportunity to channel Rabbie Burns himself by waxing lyrical about United's own Flower of Scotland.

https://share.transistor.fm/s/13afe21c

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

cptkeane1993

Great podcast once again. I listen to it religiously the following day as soon as it comes out. Just FYI, I listen to it on Spotify and while I 'follow' the podcast, I'm not able to 'like', 'subscribe' and all that good stuff.

On the topics, I think we may be taking the PSG and Leipzig games a little lightly. They both have Istanbul to play in what would be make-or-break games for them (unlike for us where they were the middle two games) and you'd expect they'll both win that game. That would mean they both would have 9 points plus a game against us. If they both beat us, then we're out of the Champions League. Let's not forget, these are the semi-finalists and finalists from last year's Champions League and despite form and fitness of players, will still have quality on the pitch and both managers are tactically very astute.

Our immediate next game is PSG, where you'd imagine that were PSG not to win, and hence get knocked out of the Champions League in the group stages, Tuchel will be sacked. Because let's face it, they don't have all those star players / manager to win the French League. He is not going to go down without a fight though, and will have been plotting this game's strategy since their 1-0 Leipzig win. Win the game against us and they'll probably qualify as top of the table. As for us, it depends on how quickly we come down from the high of the comeback win yesterday, what attitude we go into the game with and who we have fit. If we go in thinking a draw is enough (which is true), then we'll be done for. Let's not forget Tuanzebe who was immense against Neymar, Mbappe and co won't be available so it's going to be Bailly if we stick to the standard 3-4-1-2 against PSG that's worked for us. If we lose this, then we go to Leipzig away and then we're looking at one unfavourable refereeing, red card or VAR decision away from elimination.

I hope Ole gets himself and the team fully focussed on the task ahead as there's still a lot of work to be done to stay in the competition.

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

Foxbatt

I am reporting the OP for racism Not . I don't like the word Hassenhuttl. It sounds racist. The FA and Gary Neville is going to ban you.

tomaldinho1

I am reporting the OP for racism Not . I don't like the word Hassenhuttl. It sounds racist. The FA and Gary Neville is going to ban you.
I love how his name translates as 'Rabbit hutch'. Fecking racist. Great pod.

Foxbatt

I wonder what will happen if someone goes to London and says " stick it up your Hasenhuttl"?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Great podcast once again. I listen to it religiously the following day as soon as it comes out. Just FYI, I listen to it on Spotify and while I 'follow' the podcast, I'm not able to 'like', 'subscribe' and all that good stuff.

On the topics, I think we may be taking the PSG and Leipzig games a little lightly. They both have Istanbul to play in what would be make-or-break games for them (unlike for us where they were the middle two games) and you'd expect they'll both win that game. That would mean they both would have 9 points plus a game against us. If they both beat us, then we're out of the Champions League. Let's not forget, these are the semi-finalists and finalists from last year's Champions League and despite form and fitness of players, will still have quality on the pitch and both managers are tactically very astute.

Our immediate next game is PSG, where you'd imagine that were PSG not to win, and hence get knocked out of the Champions League in the group stages, Tuchel will be sacked. Because let's face it, they don't have all those star players / manager to win the French League. He is not going to go down without a fight though, and will have been plotting this game's strategy since their 1-0 Leipzig win. Win the game against us and they'll probably qualify as top of the table. As for us, it depends on how quickly we come down from the high of the comeback win yesterday, what attitude we go into the game with and who we have fit. If we go in thinking a draw is enough (which is true), then we'll be done for. Let's not forget Tuanzebe who was immense against Neymar, Mbappe and co won't be available so it's going to be Bailly if we stick to the standard 3-4-1-2 against PSG that's worked for us. If we lose this, then we go to Leipzig away and then we're looking at one unfavourable refereeing, red card or VAR decision away from elimination.

I hope Ole gets himself and the team fully focussed on the task ahead as there's still a lot of work to be done to stay in the competition.
Its a good point actually - we have 2 games coming up that we can easily lose so, although we are in a great position, its far from done. But the fact that the other teams need a result against us should play into our hands for an Ole counter attack special

I dont think Bailly is even available and Shaw neither (and not even worth mentioning Jones or Rojo!) so that might force Ole's hand to abandon the 3 at the back that worked well before - @Vault Dweller will tell you that McTominay is an option for a 3 man defence but even he is an injury doubt.

Cheers for the feedback on Spotify - we do have Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and even a new Instagram accounts (Twitter being the most active) so do follow/subscribe if you have any of them

Roosney

Ffs guys, I couldn't stop laughing in the metro. Must have gotten some funny looks

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I dont think Bailly is even available and Shaw neither (and not even worth mentioning Jones or Rojo!) so that might force Ole's hand to abandon the 3 at the back that worked well before - @Vault Dweller will tell you that McTominay is an option for a 3 man defence but even he is an injury doubt.
Aye it's disappointing he has a knock and won't be available, I would have been excited to see him play that role for us.

Ffs guys, I couldn't stop laughing in the metro. Must have gotten some funny looks
:lol:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Aye it's disappointing he has a knock and won't be available, I would have been excited to see him play that role for us.

:lol:
Ole seemed to suggest he was available in today's presser - said everyone had trained today

nikineil

Unbelievable how you guys are able to crank these out at warp speeds! Kudos lads. The bagpipes were HILARIOUS!!

I forgot who it was, but why the hatred towards De Gea? He has saved our skins a bunch of seasons... Especially the Mourinho 2nd one. Loved the best lineups and the predictions. Amazed at the confidence that we'll do PSG at home, when our record is abysmal this season. A draw might be a good result in my opinion.

McTom in a back 3 against PSG? Im gonna be a little skeptical about that honestly. We need him battling in Midfield instead of Matic, because I see their midfielders running rings around Matic. Also, surprised you guys thought Matic had a good game against Southampton. I thought he was his slow, ponderous self and took an eternity to get rid of the ball. I liked that aspect of Fred's game and am loving the strength and tenacity he showed for the pass to AWB, which resulted in the first goal for Bruno. His first time passing is such a pleasant change from the eternity Pogba and Matic take. Its still amazing we won so many with that midfield pairing post lockdown last season. I like the first time pass and general press resistance that DVB and Fred offer and definitely agree that they should be the preferred midfield pairing on 70-80% of games.

Sorry a bit all over the place with the comments, but, as always, fantastic job! Can't wait for the post PSG pod (No pressure).

Foxbatt

DeGea is one of the best keepers around. Certainly I prefer him to Henderson right now. I don't see any hatred for him.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Hatred is strong, He’s a top quality keeper however I personally would like to see him move on.

His distribution, lack of leadership/presence and aerial issues have always really taken the shine off his undeniably world class shot stopping abilities for me.

When even those deserted him for a season or two there I really lost the will with it! Would love to see Henderson cement his place this season or next and let DDG take a payday back in Spain or elsewhere.

Just a player I’ve never warmed to! I really do think Ole will stick with him well beyond this season barring any big collapse in form. (Which has been broadly good this year).

Foxbatt

DeGea has saved us many a times. Yes he does make mistakes but which player or keeper doesn't?
We have to set up our defense the way it helps our keeper.
If it's open play then I would accept he needs to be moved on. But we are talking mostly about corners and set plays. For that our defense needs to be set up to get the best out of him. If that means he wants a player on the post so be it.

nikineil

Hatred is strong, He’s a top quality keeper however I personally would like to see him move on.

His distribution, lack of leadership/presence and aerial issues have always really taken the shine off his undeniably world class shot stopping abilities for me.

When even those deserted him for a season or two there I really lost the will with it! Would love to see Henderson cement his place this season or next and let DDG take a payday back in Spain or elsewhere.

Just a player I’ve never warmed to! I really do think Ole will stick with him well beyond this season barring any big collapse in form. (Which has been broadly good this year).
Fair. I think you did mention it was a personal bias. We all have our favorites and one who you never really warm to. My current favorite being Bruno and I never really warmed to Pogba (except maybe the City game).

With regards to being vocal and organizing a defense, he's never had to. Always had a Rio or Vida in the Fergie years, and then had to rely on his exceptional shot stopping abilities under Moyes. With LVG, we had so much possession, he rarely had to organize anything (probably asleep at the back). Under Jose, he always had 6 defensive players in front of him, with a leader (I know) in defense who would do the organizing. With Ole, he has Maguire, who does the organizing, and with Hendo, he has an able back up, which has gotten his level higher than last season.