Declan Rice | signs for arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah if they’re willing to pay that then he’s theirs

I find it weird they aren’t following up on their interest in… (excuse my spelling please) Conceido

He wanted to go there in January and I think he’s a better player
I think there was a lot of noise at the time that Arsenal pissed off Brighton in January they way they went about it, so Brighton may be very standoffish with them after that.

whitbyviking

Maguire, McTom and £20m smackeroonies. If Moyes was reading this now he’d be a bit tumescent at the thought of that.

croadyman

I think there was a lot of noise at the time that Arsenal pissed off Brighton in January they way they went about it, so Brighton may be very standoffish with them after that.
Don't see it having any significance

Dominos

£90m is utterly bonkers.
West Ham and Moyes have played this perfectly over the last few years.

Knowing they'd have to sell him eventually, they publicly slapped a £150m price tag on him which everyone laughed at it but it planted the seed that he's far more valuable than he is, and it's now just accepted that he's going to cost a fortune despite not necessarily being worth anywhere near it. If you offered a fair amount for the player now you'd almost feel embarrassed about it given you know West Ham value him so much higher and every time the transfer is ever discussed in the media the price is always £100+m

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
West Ham and Moyes have played this perfectly over the last few years.

Knowing they'd have to sell him eventually, they publicly slapped a £150m price tag on him which everyone laughed at it but it planted the seed that he's far more valuable than he is, and it's now just accepted that he's going to cost a fortune despite not necessarily being worth anywhere near it. If you offered a fair amount for the player now you'd almost feel embarrassed about it given you know West Ham value him so much higher and every time the transfer is ever discussed in the media the price is always £100+m
You know there was a time when Utd offered like 50m for Sancho whilst Dortmund were holding out for 120m? Maybe we did fairly value him at that time but the whole world laughed at us.

90 + 5min

Please Arsenal. Take him.

We would be stupid to pay anything close to what some people value him. We would actually be stupid to buy him at all. And why would we give West Ham players and cash when pretty much every of our central midfielders are better players.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

We would be stupid to pay anything close to what some people value him. We would actually be stupid to buy him at all. And why would we give West Ham players and cash when pretty much every of our central midfielders are better players.
“We would be stupid to buy him at all”

*fast forward 6 months*

Why didn’t we buy Rice!!!!

Keownisacnut

Supports
Glazers out!

Go to bed Mikel, you’re drunk texting.

90 + 5min

“We would be stupid to buy him at all”

*fast forward 6 months*

Why didn’t we buy Rice!!!!
Absolutly not. He has nothing to offer us and his qulities are way overrated. Average player. I think I said before that he should stay at West Ham. His level. But if he did go. Don't be us.

Fahad Jawaid

I don't mind not getting him, I think Caicedo is a better player and would be cheaper. We might be able to nab him for 70M plus add ons, whereas Rice appears to be 100M so better save 30M and use that for a young striker like Hojlund.

I hope we sign Caicedo (70M), Kane (80M), Hojlund (30M), Rabiot (free) and Pavard/Kim (30M). It would take our total spend to 210M give or take 220M, hopefully with our sales, we may be able to get around 100M, so our net spend would be 100 - 120M only.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Absolutly not. He has nothing to offer us and his qulities are way overrated. Average player. I think I said before that he should stay at West Ham. His level. But if he did go. Don't be us.
Think you’re underrating Rice to be honest. He isn’t a 90m player but hes definitely good enough to play for us and add an awful lot.

I also think he can go up a few levels at a top side under a good manager. He has good tools

ROFLUTION

Its the dailyfail who quotes 90m.

60m player at best. Just dont sign either Rice or Caicedo this year but wait and see who’s available of them for a cheaper price. These type of players will be a new way of playing football and I dont think they’ll be short of competition if we wait another year. Nor are any of them “too big to miss” imo. Im honestly not sure they’ll do better than Fred (if given minutes alongside Casemiro) over a season.

prioritize a great striker and goalkeeper imo

lex talionis

I have no idea who's worth what any longer. Was Maguire worth 80m? Surely not, but that's we paid for him. Antony 72m? Probably not. We're Manchester United, which means we pay more than what most clubs pay for comparable players.

I lean toward Caicedo over Rice in terms of pure quality, but Rice would be a very solid addition. We'd have two proper 6's or we could advance either one into an 8 on any given matchday -- with or without Mason in the squad.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Maguire went for 80. Rice estimation should be about the same. Straight swap, or give them no more than 20m if they really want that quality homegrown english national CB.

kirk buttercup

I don't mind not getting him, I think Caicedo is a better player and would be cheaper. We might be able to nab him for 70M plus add ons, whereas Rice appears to be 100M so better save 30M and use that for a young striker like Hojlund.

I hope we sign Caicedo (70M), Kane (80M), Hojlund (30M), Rabiot (free) and Pavard/Kim (30M). It would take our total spend to 210M give or take 220M, hopefully with our sales, we may be able to get around 100M, so our net spend would be 100 - 120M only.
That would be an incredible window. Can't see Kane going for 80m though

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Yeah if they’re willing to pay that then he’s theirs

I find it weird they aren’t following up on their interest in… (excuse my spelling please) Conceido

He wanted to go there in January and I think he’s a better player
I think they’ll get both. They don’t need to strengthen elsewhere. Controlling the middle of the pitch is what’s lacking, especially with Xhaka leaving.

Dominos

Maguire went for 80. Rice estimation should be about the same. Straight swap, or give them no more than 20m if they really want that quality homegrown english national CB.
To be fair if all football transfers were judged against Maguire's value, no decent player would go below £200m.

Really is baffling how badly we got robbed there.

Oscar Bonavena

To be fair if all football transfers were judged against Maguire's value, no decent player would go below £200m.

Really is baffling how badly we got robbed there.
I firmly believe it was a reaction to Liverpool signing van dijk for £75m the year before.

Everyone thought it was crazy spending that much on a central defender, he was way overrated, overpriced etc. When he was a sensation at Liverpool and was a key player in turning them into title and champs league contenders and winners, the powers that be at United thought "why don't we spend an even bigger amount on a defender, and that will bring us to the next level too!"

Unfortunately their genius plan didn't quite work out.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Caicedo is such an Arsenal player, hopefully the january transfer that failed gets reborn this summer.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Although I rate Rice above Caicedo as a midfielder on the current level but I prefer Caicedo because he can also play as inverted RB so his versatility offers more than Rice.

I don't think we are going to make our move to sign Rice this summer so the report only says we are interested but other than that, there is no movement or conversation being reported. In comparison to Mount, we had agreed the personal term, it was also reported ETH really wants Kane, it was also reported Murtough and ETH had spoken to Hojlund.

Our interest with Rice is just as good as our interest with MacAllister.

croadyman

Although I rate Rice above Caicedo as a midfielder on the current level but I prefer Caicedo because he can also play as inverted RB so his versatility offers more than Rice.

I don't think we are going to make our move to sign Rice this summer so the report only says we are interested but other than that, there is no movement or conversation being reported. In comparison to Mount, we had agreed the personal term, it was also reported ETH really wants Kane, it was also reported Murtough and ETH had spoken to Hojlund.

Our interest with Rice is just as good as our interest with MacAllister.
Yeah very apt comparison

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Being hopeful, I will offer them three players Maguire, Fred, and McTominay.

Areola
Kehrer - Zouma - Maguire - Cresswell
Fred - McTominay
Bowen - Paquetá - Benrahma
Striker
That looks a good XI. Add Telles if they need to upgrade Cresswell.

MonsieurGooner

Supports
Arsenal
Maguire, McTom and £20m smackeroonies. If Moyes was reading this now he’d be a bit tumescent at the thought of that.
You do realise you will likely terminate Maguire's contract in order to allow him to leave. No one is paying a fee and giving him 200k a week, as for a lot of clubs outside the top 7, 200k a week would be their highest paid player.

If you offered West Ham Maguire in the deal they hang up the phone right away because by offering them Maguire as a 'makeweight' you actively insult them.

When we were trying to get rid of Aumbamayang I knew getting a fee and for someone to match his 350k a week wages was impossible. So, we negotiated an exit payment which allowed him to leave and get a salary elsewhere that was less than 350k week, but his pay off plus his new salary would equate to around 350k a week.

You will not get a Mars Bar for Harry Maguire, you will pay him to leave the club and if he does sign for West Ham, it will be on a free transfer and it will have cost you around 10m.

If you 'sell' Maguire to West Ham, you will get -10m

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Being hopeful, I will offer them three players Maguire, Fred, and McTominay.

Areola
Kehrer - Zouma - Maguire - Cresswell
Fred - McTominay
Bowen - Paquetá - Benrahma
Striker
That looks a good XI. Add Telles if they need to upgrade Cresswell.
Legacy of McFred Part II

dinostar77

Youre wrong.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Legacy of McFred Part II
The dream midfield that made Ole finish 2nd in the league and reached final of EL. I think West Ham fans should be excited with the prospect of having the duo. On top of that, no one can doubt their work rate and tenacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.