United played friendly against Burnley today (3:1 - goals by Lingard, Martial and Fred)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Would be interesting to know who ends up playing in this match?

The likes of Varane, Sancho, Martial, VdB, Lingard etc should play.

laughtersassassin

Looking forward to the leaks of the score.

Though can never really trust if they are true until a player confirms it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think a couple of teams are doing this to get match fitness up after a pretty crap preseason. Liverpool played Villa yesterday (day before?) I think.

But yeah, I’d imagine Martial, Varane, and Sancho are the main three who will feature to get match fitness up.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Whatever they do no injuries please, I really don't like the idea of this...

3vra

We will play our strongest squad including our new signings to get well with the team and then we will say phil Jones was MOTM James scored 2 and got 3 assist as well as Lingard so there will be clubs interested in them. A win win situation :)

K Stand Knut

It’s definitely true.

If you book on the stadium tour around midday, you get to watch a bit of the game as part of the tour.

Interesting that we're doing that, maybe the recovery levels from Leeds weren't good enough.

Hopefully Varane plays. I'd like him to at least kick a ball in our shirt before he walks out in front of the fans.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Im asuming Varane didnt play any pre season friendly for Real Madrid?

So this would be great if he gets some game time today

Dve

................ Henderson

Dalot - Bailly - Varane - Williams

..... Donny - Matic - Lingard

... Sancho - Cavani - Martial

Irrational.

Could’ve been against a team not known for playing shithouse hack and slash football. Hope we get out of it injury free.

Jacob

................ Henderson

Dalot - Bailly - Varane - Williams

..... Donny - Matic - Lingard

... Sancho - Cavani - Martial
Possibly, I'd be in favour of this with the exception of Bailly... I'd let Varane get accustomed to Maguire ahead of Southampton.

Glorio

Burnley? At OT?? Sheeeeeettt!

Thinking about it, it's just about the best welcome to the peculiarities of English football that a player can get! :lol:

RUCK4444

Good for the much needed fitness, just stay on your feet and no injuries please!

Keep Jones away from Varane.

Glorio

Like what?
Robustness and directness for instance.

English football is a lot more robust, direct/fast, and physically demanding than continental European football for the most part.

That has been tempered over the past few years, but it's still a potential shock to plenty of incoming players.

Bondi77

Robustness and directness for instance.

English football is a lot more robust, direct/fast, and physically demanding than continental European football for the most part.

That has been tempered over the past few years, but it's still a potential shock to plenty of incoming players.
For sure.

stu_1992

Good idea to build up the fitness of those not already at the point where they can be thrown into the league games. I wouldn't expect any of the team who started on Saturday to play. But probably some of those that came off the bench as well as some of the others who we need to get/keep fit in case injuries to our starting XI. At this time of year there's not likely to be much rotation in the league with only 1 game a week so it can be a challenge to not only get the squad players fit, but also keep them fit too.

Red Stone

Looking forward to the leaks of the score.

Though can never really trust if they are true until a player confirms it.
"Yeah, Lingard, Dalot, Jones and Andreas all scored five goals each. Better than Messi, they are, I swear! And only £25 million each!" - Ole, probably

romufc

I hope Varane, Sancho and the like get a run around, Sancho looked like he needed time on the pitch to get fit.

Bondi77

I wonder if Mejbri will get a run as he wasn’t in the U23s the other day.