United Pubs in London

Cantonagotmehere

We are going to the NFL game at Wembley this Sunday coming over from the US. We tried to figure out how to do the Southampton game, but could not make it work with tickets and travel (Very gutted no game at OT or in London). Hoping to find out where United fans could be watching the game in London, hoping for a great atmosphere if possible. ;)

Not sure where to put this post, sorry if it's in the wrong place. Cheers.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
well the United match is a 3pm kick off this week - you probably wont know that this means it is not allowed to be shown on UK TV

The Famous Three Kings pub in Kensington used to show 3pm kick offs using satellite from abroad but Ive not been for a long time so dont know if they still do

devil in me

We are going to the NFL game at Wembley this Sunday coming over from the US. We tried to figure out how to do the Southampton game, but could not make it work with tickets and travel (Very gutted no game at OT or in London). Hoping to find out where United fans could be watching the game in London, hoping for a great atmosphere if possible. ;)

Its not on the TV mate, unless you can find some sort of dodgy place showing an illegal stream!

RedCurry

You know you gotta go to a United pub with your laptop, VPN access that lets you spoof US location, sign into your NBC online account and stream the game.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Ugh.Thanks guys.

Why does that rule exist?
To encourage people to go see their local teams play. As too many people support a premier league team as well as their local side.

Dante

Average bang
well the United match is a 3pm kick off this week - you probably wont know that this means it is not allowed to be shown on UK TV

The Famous Three Kings pub in Kensington used to show 3pm kick offs using satellite from abroad but Ive not been for a long time so dont know if they still do
Definitely not a United pub. I know from experience... :nervous:

Cantonagotmehere

I did a little fishing around on line and it seems some pubs, pump it in via satellite like Rood said. Hopefully we find something. Still pissed about this stupid law though.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Maybe one of the big sports bars in and around Leicester Square.Piccadilly.You used to but with the PL enforcing the broadcasting laws I'm not sure anymore.
There's a pub in Finchley that is mainly Celtic but used to show all Utd 3pm kos I think it's called Gertie Browns. That's nearer Wembley
http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/82/8246/Gertie_Brownes/East_Finchley

Cantonagotmehere

Dante

Average bang
In fairness, most pubs in central London are 'United' pubs, even in the likes of Kensington.

As long as you don't bad-mouth Tottenham/Chelsea/Arsenal/West Ham too loudly, you'll be okay. On a matchday, there'll be dozens of other United fans around you.

I've never had any bother except when I go into WUM-mode on a cockney.

Cantonagotmehere

In fairness, most pubs in central London are 'United' pubs, even in the likes of Kensington.

As long as you don't bad-mouth Tottenham/Chelsea/Arsenal/West Ham too loudly, you'll be okay. On a matchday, there'll be dozens of other United fans around you.

I've never had any bother except when I go into WUM-mode on a cockney.
Thanks, appreciate it.

The Mad Manc

One place I know for sure shows the Utd 3pm KOs is Roddy's Bar in Ealing. It's a little journey from central London and a bit of a dive but will definitely have the game on

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I did a little fishing around on line and it seems some pubs, pump it in via satellite like Rood said. Hopefully we find something. Still pissed about this stupid law though.
It is pretty bizarre that this match can be shown anywhere in the world apart from here but the 3pm blackout rule is supposed to protect smaller clubs so historically I can understand it, although the rise of internet streaming and access to overseas channels is starting to make it a bit pointless

Some pubs do it unofficially but they dont usually advertise that fact for obvious reasons, in fact even naming them in this thread is probably not helpful!

JohnnyKills

There's a pub in Battersea called Flanagans which shows 3pm kick-offs. I've watched United games in there before.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...84a8d9be5c11c8d!8m2!3d51.4781907!4d-0.1444691

Another good bet is to try one of the Spanish/Portuguese cafes in the Vauxhall area. Again, I've got lucky with them in the past.

Famous Three Kings, as someone else has said, is a great pub and they've got loads of screens.

I'm only saying the places that are in my area but hopefully one of them will work.

Cantonagotmehere

To be fair, it's no different to your American TV stations blacking out all your sports within a certain area!
Yes, very true. Don't like that either! Happens in NFL when teams aren't filling the stadiums. NFL attendance is a problem in many cities and will probably get worse and worse.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
NFL blackout rules have been suspended since 2014. Even then, it only applied to your "local area" meaning someone like @Cantonagotmehere could potentially attend the actual game itself. Nowadays with NFL Ticket pretty much every sports bar in America shows every NFL game.

Man of Leisure

Cantonagotmehere

NFL blackout rules have been suspended since 2014. Even then, it only applied to your "local area" meaning someone like @Cantonagotmehere could potentially attend the actual game itself. Nowadays with NFL Ticket pretty much every sports bar in America shows every NFL game.
Thanks MoL, I did not realize that. I do remember the local area rule. The Ravens still pack the place, and its a blast....but there is a reason Jacksonville goes to London almost every year for a 'home' game

Cantonagotmehere

Hmm, of course that's subjective but I wouldn't say that's true at all. Of course actual attendance numbers will differ from paid attendance.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2016
Paid vs actual is a big difference. I love going, but even in Baltimore you see more and more empty seats and we are not one of the problem cities. Even at the home opener I'm guessing 5-8K seats were open but I believe it was reported close to 'sold out'.

PieCrust

It never ceases to amaze me that English Premier League football is easier to watch and more available to just about every place in the world not named England.

Man of Leisure

It never ceases to amaze me that English Premier League football is easier to watch and more available to just about every place in the world not named England.
It really is amazing. Here in California I can watch every PL game live. Fair amount of Bundesliga and La Liga games too. Well, at least all the ones you'd care about involving Madrid, Barca, Bayern and Dortmund. Don't even mind the early times anymore, DVR has been life-changing.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Hello chaps. Anyone know of any pubs that would show United at 3pm in central London? I've been to Roddys that @The Mad Manc mentioned (interesting establishment!!) but looking for something more central. The Famous Three Kings no longer show them.

Ludens the Red

Bump.

All the old United pubs in London seem to have gone:nervous:

Does Anybody have any tips for Wednesday night?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
For a match like this, any pub showing it is likely to have United fans in there so wouldnt worry too much

tomaldinho1

It'll be on everywhere. I'd just book whichever Boxpark you're closest to, always been great when I've been to watch football and usually a good atmosphere + great food options.

Ludens the Red

It'll be on everywhere. I'd just book whichever Boxpark you're closest to, always been great when I've been to watch football and usually a good atmosphere + great food options.
Those feckers are forcing you to buy 60£ Worth of coors light to be able to come inside and get a table. Cheeky fecks, who the feck wants coors light?

tomaldinho1

Those feckers are forcing you to buy 60£ Worth of coors light to be able to come inside and get a table. Cheeky fecks, who the feck wants coors light?
That's ridiculous - I thought you must be mistaken but you're right. Hmm I wonder which lager they overordered and now need to shift asap...it is good in there though

TheReligion

Abusive
Have you considered The Queen Vic just in the square?

Proper boozer with top notch social distancing. Phil Mitchell is going to do a buffet. Tickets only but PM me and I'll sort you out.

Ludens the Red

Have you considered The Queen Vic just in the square?

Proper boozer with top notch social distancing. Phil Mitchell is going to do a buffet. Tickets only but PM me and I'll sort you out.
You mug, Phil Mitchell long since sold it to Danny Dyer.
That's ridiculous - I thought you must be mistaken but you're right. Hmm I wonder which lager they overordered and now need to shift asap...it is good in there though
Yuh it is tbf. Went to the Wembley one for the Europa final. 95% gooners in attendance making a massive deal out of the game ...... and then losing 4-1 :lol:

giggs791011

Is there a specific pub in London that the away fans meet at before London matches? I've got tickets to West Ham this weekend, wondering where to go before.