United receive allocation of 9,500 tickets in a 50,000 seater stadium for Europa League final.

ZupZup

It's shocking but thankfully at lot of the neutral area will end up going to United fans anyway through the UEFA ballot as I know tons applied in that thinking we'd get to the final... and people selling on their tickets to make money.

Skills

Snitch
It's not like these things are for fans!
I think a rocking stadium full of both Ajax/Utd fans would have done a lot to add legitimacy to the Europa League. It's about a bigger final as they can hope for the Europa League, but as usual they feck it up.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I think a rocking stadium full of both Ajax/Utd fans would have done a lot to add legitimacy to the Europa League. It's about a bigger final as they can hope for the Europa League, but as usual they feck it up.
UEFA gonna UEFA.

VanGaalEra

So 19,000 fans will get to watch the final in a 50,000 seater stadium.

UEFA are cnuts.

witchtrials

Despicable from UEFA. Going by the figures in that BBC article it's a massive cut from last year's final - United and Ajax fans are getting 38% of the tickets between us as opposed to 58% percent between Liverpool and Sevilla fans in last year's final (which was held in a much smaller stadium).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Platini has to get his fat bonus somehow.

mark_a

UEFA, a garbage organisation just like FIFA and the FA. It's the usual You-need-to-have-a-mastercard situation to apply for neutral tickets, and they wonder why football is losing it's atmosphere.

Of course, UEFA will completely believe the fact that all the neutral/corporate tickets will be taken by politely clapping neutrals and definitely not be sold on at a profit to fleece fans of the clubs. Which makes them basically complicit to the touting really.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
UEFA being FIFA or something like that

Castia

They did have an open ballot also, my guess is a few thousand United fans went through that way. I'm not excusing UEFA though it's pretty disgusting.

The_Order

so United and Ajax get 20,000 cumulatively but where does the other 30,000 go?

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Even though I don't necessarily agree with the UEFA ballot for neutral fans, when you include that, "normal fans" are receiving around 70% of the total allocation.

That's better than the FA Cup final where Chelsea and Spurs are getting around 28k each which totals around 60% of the total capacity.

Doesn't make sense that the EL finalists last year got a similar allocation in a stadium that holds 15k less than this year, though.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If the cup wasn't a must win I'd say we should play Darmian, Jones, Smalling and Rojo in defense, Fellaini, Carrick, Young, Lingard and Valencia in midfield + Rooney upfront. Let those 30k fans suffer 90 minutes of terrible football.

Last edited:

The_Order

If the cup wasn't as important to us I'd say we should have played Darmian, Jones, Smalling and Rojo in defense, Fellaini, Carrick, Young, Lingard and Valencia in midfield + Rooney upfront. Let those 30k fans suffer some bad football that this team can produce.
Yer' a cruel man :lol:

Skills

Snitch
If the cup wasn't as important to us I'd say we should play Darmian, Jones, Smalling and Rojo in defense, Fellaini, Carrick, Young, Lingard and Valencia in midfield + Rooney upfront. Let those 30k fans suffer 90 minutes of terrible football.
Wut?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It's been like this for years, don't know why you're so surprised about it.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Its a shame that the Europa league is so important to us. We could play all our Stoke level players and make those 30k fans suffer 90 mins of absolute horrible football.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Still a much bigger percentage.
Only 47% percent of our 10K allocation went to general supporter allocation though, which pans out at less than 5000 tickets for the actual fans. Other tickets went to priority rights holders (former shareholders for example) at 41%, 10% to match day officials and first team players and 2% to commercial partners.

It's the average football fan that always suffers.

Zlatattack

If the cup wasn't a must win I'd say we should play Darmian, Jones, Smalling and Rojo in defense, Fellaini, Carrick, Young, Lingard and Valencia in midfield + Rooney upfront. Let those 30k fans suffer 90 minutes of terrible football.
I think that teams a bit ambitious. What we should have then put out was;

Darmain Jones Smalling Rojo
Carrick Blind
Valencia Fellaini Young
Rooney

That'd teach EUFA.