United to enter Mercedes Benz Junior Cup.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Manchester United's youngsters are embarking on a New Year trip to Germany again to compete in the 2015 version of the Mercedes Benz Junior Cup.

The Reds enjoy taking part in the indoor tournament for Under-19s and Nicky Butt was in charge for last year's competition. United finished third with Josh Harrop, Andreas Pereira and James Weir scoring in the play-off against Grasshopper Zurich.

The event is located near Stuttgart and will allow the teenagers to show off their skills at six-a-side level against continental opposition.

Promising keeper Joel Castro Pereira is still eligible to play for a third successive year in the tournament.
http://www.mercedes-benz-junior-cup.de/de/teams/u19-profimannschaften.html

Here are the rest of the teams.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Nice, I thought we weren't getting invited back this year. Unfortunately I'm on holidays during that time so not sure if I'll be able to catch it this year.

In Rainbows

Seriously thought United weren't going to be invited back after last year's fiasco.

Hal9000

Why what happened?
Basically we went 1-0 down to a team in the first half of a group game. We would of qualified from the group even with a 1-0 loss and the other team qualified with a 1-0 win, so in the 2nd half none of our players crossed the half way line or put any pressure on the opposition, who just passed it around there own half without trying to get a 2nd.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Surprised to hear we're still allowed to play, great news for us.

Are Andreas Pereira and Weir too old for this now? Who'll be the starting players? Redmond, Willock, Mitchell, Tuanzebe, Fosu-Mensah, Joel Pereira?

khoazany

Surprised to hear we're still allowed to play, great news for us.

Are Andreas Pereira and Weir too old for this now? Who'll be the starting players? Redmond, Willock, Mitchell, Tuanzebe, Fosu-Mensah, Joel Pereira?
Eligible players: both Pereiras,Willock and all the U18s.