United to participate in new under-19's tournament this summer

PS18

'United will be taking part in a new international youth tournament called the Champions Youth Cup this summer in Malaysia, which brings together some of the world's finest football teams.

G-14, a group of European football's top clubs, is supporting the new competition from 5-19 August, which will see a Reds Under-19s side pitted against teams like AC Milan, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, Juventus, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Four groups of four teams will play round robin matches in Alor Setar, Kuantan Melaka and Kuching with the knockout stages held in Kuala Lumpur and the final at the National Stadium in Malaysia's capital on Sunday 19 August.

G-14 General Manager, Thomas Kurth, said that his organisation, which includes 12 of the participating clubs, fully endorsed the tournament.

"This was inspired by the clubs themselves who want international competition to develop their young talents and showcase them to the world.

"They also want to give something back to the communities that support them in recognition of the passion that fans in Malaysia and across Asia have for them. We hope that this tournament will act as an inspiration for football in Malaysia."

The full list of confirmed teams is as follows: AC Milan, Ajax, Arsenal, Boca Juniors, Chelsea, CR Flamengo, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Porto, Internazionale, Juventus, Manchester United, Paris Saint Germain, PSV Eindhoven, with national youth teams from Qatar and Malaysia.

The draw for this year's tournament will take place in Malaysia on 19 April. For more information, visit the official website www.thechampionsyouthcup.com.'
terrific lineup, has the potential to be really interesting. hopefully there'll be some coverage online.

MarliMan

we did something like this last year i think, lost in the finals on penalties if i recall

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
This could be interesting, all the transfer muppets dream, prob have a communal wank in the summer...i might join them though!

Any dates yet?
ive got one on wednesday, she seems nice enough, dont know whether to take her to to the cinema or for a meal.

Playing it by ear really, thanks for taking an interest