United u18s v. Blackburn u18s

Fanta Stick

Hanbury;
McAllister, Aljofree (c), Jackson, Nolan
Oyedele, Mainoo;
Williams, Berry, Mather
Norkett

Subs: Myles, Harrison, Wheatley, Lawrence
United ahead after 5 min with a goal by James Nolan.
Mainoo starts.
Live on MUTV

Last edited:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
How old's Norkett now? Looks to be having a good season?

Sancho99

Great composure and cracking finish from Norkett. Mainoo looks too good for this level.

lysglimt

Scout
A few of our players have had a really good first half - but we really should have been more than 2 up. Norkett scored one - but really should have had a few more. Mather has been really good but also should have scored

Mainoo has been really good going forward but been a bit sloppy defensively - Oyadele has been superb defensively and won a lot of balls in central midfield. Jackson and Aljofree both been brilliant. Williams also been very good but had a really poor pass when it should have been easy to play Norkett through on goal.

Barry unfortunately with a fairly poor half - lost the ball 3 times in the opening 10 minutes almost giving away a goal. And when he got a chance he shot straight at the keeper from 10 yards out.

lysglimt

Scout
3-0 Manni Norkett (60 mins)- Mainoo chips the ball over the defenders, McAllister gets the ball in front of goal - Norkett turns and hammers it into the top corner. Not really deserved as Blackburn have dominated the half

lysglimt

Scout
4-0 Barry (62) - keeper mis-kicks the ball and hits it straight at Williams - ball bounces to Barry who rolls it into the empty net

lysglimt

Scout
6-1 to the U18s now - Oyedele with the last goal for us

Thiagoal

I don’t personally think the likes of Mainoo and Mather should be playing for the I18’s now! They need the challenge of playing up a level! The U21’s certainly need them too!

Beaucoup

I don’t personally think the likes of Mainoo and Mather should be playing for the I18’s now! They need the challenge of playing up a level! The U21’s certainly need them too!
Mainoo‘s a great player but I thought they played much better as a team when he subbed off

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Mainoo‘s a great player but I thought they played much better as a team when he subbed off
Very often a team where one particular player is outstanding, or regarded as outstanding, the other players look for more often than not, also Mainoo makes himself available a lot, therefore the opponents will know how good he is, and will mark that player more closely. The fact that he can create things from being marked so tightly shows how good he is.
I would imagine that when Mainoo went off, so did Blackburn's game plan, and United probably got more freedom.

Collina

According to Flashscore Wheatley had the assist for the Oyedele goal, but as far as I could tell on the highlights it didn't look like him.

Mather again, possibly? Or maybe I was wrong about it not being Wheatley?