United U21 - Everton U21

lysglimt

Scout
Finished 3-1 United

Harrison - Nolan, Aijofree, Bennett, Murray - Shoretire, Collyer, Mejia, Hansen-Aarøen, Ennis - Hugill.

Hugill 2 and Shoretire 1

khoazany

Good that we stopped leaking million goals at this level. I think it really masked how well we did offensive wise.

Shola certainly needs to play senior football comes January.

lysglimt

Scout
Our goalscorer (League only)

Hugill 6, Shoretire 4, Mejia 3, Williams 3, Forson 3, Hansen Aarøen 2
Oyedele, Mather, Gore, Wheatley, Emeran, McNeill all 1
Owngoal 2

Borninthe80ts

It would be nice to see a few of these players kick on now and start to display their talent regularly. Collyer been here a while and shown glimpses. Ennis hopefully can get some goals again and yeah Shola needs first team minutes.

lysglimt

Scout
It would be nice to see a few of these players kick on now and start to display their talent regularly. Collyer been here a while and shown glimpses. Ennis hopefully can get some goals again and yeah Shola needs first team minutes.
In fairness - the majority of the players at U21-level are no close to the level required to play regularly for a club in the top half of the P.L

Harryson in goal is interesting - he is an extremely modern goalkeeper - and he can actually go far. But as a goalkeeper you wont get any chances at top level before you prove yourself at the level below.

Shoretire as you say can still go far, Hugill can be a decent goalscorer at a fairly high level and Hansen-Aarøen can also go quite far. Not too many more in my opinion....the U18s is completely different - a lot of those can go far.

Borninthe80ts

In fairness - the majority of the players at U21-level are no close to the level required to play regularly for a club in the top half of the P.L

Harryson in goal is interesting - he is an extremely modern goalkeeper - and he can actually go far. But as a goalkeeper you wont get any chances at top level before you prove yourself at the level below.

Shoretire as you say can still go far, Hugill can be a decent goalscorer at a fairly high level and Hansen-Aarøen can also go quite far. Not too many more in my opinion....the U18s is completely different - a lot of those can go far.
Yeah that’s what jumped out at me and felt the need to comment. I’m not saying anyone in this squad is ready for first team involvement yet, either at a United or the championship. They need to display consistency for me at this level then go from there for me.

I fully agree with the assessment of the under 18 team though. I think the general bottom level is higher with that generation and even the lesser known squad members have something to them.

It does highlight for me how crucial the years 18 to 21 is to development though. Hopefully we improve the plan for progression.
Who’s caught your eye particularly?

lysglimt

Scout
Yeah that’s what jumped out at me and felt the need to comment. I’m not saying anyone in this squad is ready for first team involvement yet, either at a United or the championship. They need to display consistency for me at this level then go from there for me.

I fully agree with the assessment of the under 18 team though. I think the general bottom level is higher with that generation and even the lesser known squad members have something to them.

It does highlight for me how crucial the years 18 to 21 is to development though. Hopefully we improve the plan for progression.
Who’s caught your eye particularly?
Too many to mention all - but if I were to pick the ones who have impressed me the most - Harrison, Williams, Lacey, Missin, McAllister in midfield (not as a right-back) and Amass
And if Fletcher continues where he has started - he could easily deserve a mention

Borninthe80ts

Too many to mention all - but if I were to pick the ones who have impressed me the most - Harrison, Williams, Lacey, Missin, McAllister in midfield (not as a right-back) and Amass
And if Fletcher continues where he has started - he could easily deserve a mention
The thing is I’ve been impressed with those you mentioned but could mention up to another 5 too. Hopefully they all get the game time needed to progress and stay clear of injuries. If they stay healthy they’re impressing in areas where we could use squad players in a few years time.