United Wenger tribute

AshRK

Arsenal fans should learn a thing or two from us. Also, the fact that we did not boo mkhitaryan or welbeck shows our class unlike these losers who just did twi things today boo Sanchez and make fun of Jose. This shows we are still their biggest rivals and they hate us whilst we have moved on and just see them as ex enemies. Grow up idiots.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Very happy to see SAF there congratulating Wenger on his career in the Prem. Class.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Agreed, was classy as feck.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Arsenal fans should learn a thing or two from us. Also, the fact that we did not boo mkhitaryan or welbeck shows our class unlike these losers who just did twi things today boo Sanchez and make fun of Jose. This shows we are still their biggest rivals and they hate us whilst we have moved on and just see them as ex enemies. Grow up idiots.
To be fair, we didn't lose Welbeck and Mkhi against our will like they did with Sanchez. If Martial was turning out for them after turning down a contact here, he'd be getting booed, without question.

Agreed that the Mourinho chants were needless, but he has been a thorn in their side for a long time, I guess.

Glad we did something to honour Wenger. Definitely the most formidable foe the club has had in the PL era, and it was classy to appreciate that.

Fr. Todd Unctious

Brilliant touch from the Club and in particular to have SAF do it. You can clearly see how close the two of them are despite the run ins they had with each other over the years.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It was a really nice moment. Proud of the club. Kinda sad for me.

Some nice comments from Wenger on SAF and Mourinho with the presentation.

I really wish him all the best. We had a fantastic rivalry. Don't believe anything since has matched the intensity of those games.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Also shout out to our fans for giving Arsene a nice reception at the start of the game.

el3mel

Classy from everyone, SAF and fans. That's why we'll always be the biggest club of this country in everything.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Top scenes from the fans and from the big boys running our club.

There's beenfierce competition for years, but it's good to see when it comes down to it you can respect a club and a manager like that.

goons

Supports
Arsenal
Haha yeah we could certainly learn a lot from fans like you. Like how to write mature posts like this lol. You’re truly class and an example for everyone.

FujiVice

A needed reminder that it's just a game. Classy from United and Sir Alex.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Amazing. Loved it, true respect and gratitude for being part of a great rivalry not seen since in the EPL. Those Arsenal v United matches will always be missed :)

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Fergie got a farewell present at every away game once he announced his retirement didn't he? I thought Wenger would get a similar farewell.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
It was classy and tbh before Wenger announced his retirement I was delighted they got Atletico Madrid in the semis, as I thought they’d get beat but now I actually want them to go and win it... Hopefully there is not an arsenal lover tag line!!

AshRK

To be fair, we didn't lose Welbeck and Mkhi against our will like they did with Sanchez. If Martial was turning out for them after turning down a contact here, he'd be getting booed, without question.

Agreed that the Mourinho chants were needless, but he has been a thorn in their side for a long time, I guess.

Glad we did something to honour Wenger. Definitely the most formidable foe the club has had in the PL era, and it was classy to appreciate that.
But we dont boo Ronaldo , do we. Trust me if martial leaves and plays for arsenal , our fans will still wont boo him unless he talks bad about our club. Arsenal fans ffs boo'd van Persie. Our fans will always be more classier than these arsenal lot.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Classy, yes. The cynic in me thought the whole thing was stupid and helped ruin the atmosphere, it certainly was a weird one. It could have been a good game. The crowd was dead and the players had no fire in their belly. It was very classy tho, and we won so all is fine now.

AshRK

Haha yeah we could certainly learn a lot from fans like you. Like how to write mature posts like this lol. You’re truly class and an example for everyone.
Awww did it hurt that I called your set of fans idiot. That is why I said grow up. Maybe you are too busy still booing Sanchez. GROW UP

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
Classy, yes. The cynic in me thought the whole thing was stupid and helped ruin the atmosphere, it certainly was a weird one. It could have been a good game. The crowd was dead and the players had no fire in their belly. It was very classy tho, and we won so all is fine now.
It had the feels of a testimonial, the rest of our games before the cup final will do.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
But we dont boo Ronaldo , do we. Trust me if martial leaves and plays for arsenal , our fans will still wont boo him unless he talks bad about our club. Arsenal fans ffs boo'd van Persie. Our fans will always be more classier than these arsenal lot.
Ronaldo didn't go to a rival. If he left for a London club, I'm certain he'd get booed. Liverpool probably wouldn't boo Coutinho at Barca the same way they boo Sterling at City. It's different when players go abroad, for whatever reason. If we lost a valuable player to a domestic rival, there's no way they wouldn't get booed. Like Tevez.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It was classy and tbh before Wenger announced his retirement I was delighted they got Atletico Madrid in the semis, as I thought they’d get beat but now I actually want them to go and win it... Hopefully there is not an arsenal lover tag line!!
The nice scenes have certainly gone to your head mate :lol:
Why would we want them to win it, and give their new manager champs league?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Awww did it hurt that I called your set of fans idiot. That is why I said grow up. Maybe you are too busy still booing Sanchez. GROW UP
Do you think a thread talking about class is really the place to give it all this nonsense? :houllier:

tombombadil

I disagree. The atmosphere sounded terrific for most parts on the telly. And the football had lots of up and down for both sides to enjoy.

Alabaster Codify7

If the roles were reversed, SAF would not have had anything resembling such a sendoff from the Gooners.

We don't even boo Welbeck and Mkhi, yet they're so bitter and twisted over Sanchez and RVP. I guess we did nab their best players there, rather than bit-part players.

FujiVice

We don't even boo Welbeck and Mkhi, yet they're so bitter and twisted over Sanchez and RVP. I guess we did nab their best players there, rather than bit-part players.
Haha I was going to say, I think we may have got a slightly better deal there.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
It was very good and loved seeing that.

Very different to compare Welbeck and Mikhitaryan to Sanchez and RVP. Closest we have is Heinze and Tevez.

borrays

Ah come on! We booed Fellaini & LvG at OT. many fan were baying for Jose's blood whenever we got bad results in this forum. We are not better than them.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Touch of class from Man. United. You didn't have to do it as I'm sure Wenger would've just appreciated the applause he got when he came out of the tunnel.

Would imagine Fergie was behind this given he was down by the touchline. I remember Curbishley getting a similar award when he stepped down as Charlton manager and his final game was at Old Trafford.