UnitedHour Podcast - Belly Ache at the Emirates

Duafc

Village Lemon
Didn't get enough of last nights game? Well now you can listen to another hour of us talking about it! Yes, Nik (@Rood) Colm (@Duafc ) and David forced themselves to sit down and give a post-mortem on United's uninspiring 0-0 draw with Arsenal.

Also please share, tweet, follow and all that good stuff
Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/united-hour/id902792476
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/manchesterunitedpodcast/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/unitedhour/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/United_Hour
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/UnitedHour

Don't forget to visit https://uk.manscaped.com/?redirect=1 and get 20% off plus Free Shipping when you use the code UNITEDHOUR - Don't miss out!

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
@Annihilate Now! called out in the intro mate, you gonna take that?? :lol:

I was also massively disappointed in the draw. Thought we would come out second half and really push for the win but poor second half for me.

I think a very good season for us would be 2nd / 3rd with more points than last season and say an FA Cup win. That would be big improvement.

Not confident v Southampton and I always think we struggle to beat them but a win definitely needed.

Big week coming up really and should be looking for 4/6 points minimum plus beat West Ham in the Cup.

Great segway by Nik for Manscaped :lol:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
@Annihilate Now! called out in the intro mate, you gonna take that?? :lol:

I was also massively disappointed in the draw. Thought we would come out second half and really push for the win but poor second half for me.

I think a very good season for us would be 2nd / 3rd with more points than last season and say an FA Cup win. That would be big improvement.

Not confident v Southampton and I always think we struggle to beat them but a win definitely needed.

Big week coming up really and should be looking for 4/6 points minimum plus beat West Ham in the Cup.

Great segway by Nik for Manscaped :lol:
Ye was quite proud of that!

For me 2nd alone is a good season - even 3rd if we are in contention until late in the season. Sure the cup would be a bonus but I always worry that going strong in that will be to the detriment of our league form

croadyman

Ye was quite proud of that!

For me 2nd alone is a good season - even 3rd if we are in contention until late in the season. Sure the cup would be a bonus but I always worry that going strong in that will be to the detriment of our league form
Have you seen that some of the embargoed section of todays presser has just been tweeted in the thread

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Have you seen that some of the embargoed section of todays presser has just been tweeted in the thread
Just had a look - what about it?

The VAR stuff from Sheffield United? Ye I said all along it was a disgrace in refereeing and not enough was made of it. We should have been 1up at half time, not losing !

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Just had a look - what about it?

The VAR stuff from Sheffield United? Ye I said all along it was a disgrace in refereeing and not enough was made of it. We should have been 1up at half time, not losing !
That doesn't make sense though!! If the first goal is disallowed then our incident never happens!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
That doesn't make sense though!! If the first goal is disallowed then our incident never happens!
Why not? It's just the way our next set piece plays out

Maybe we can plan a deep discussion about destiny, time lines and the butterfly effect on the next pod :)

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Starting to think @Rood and @Annihilate Now! are the same person. If we win the title can we have both in the same podcast to prove they aren't?
Busted! and I thought I'd pulled off that Yorkshire accent too :wenger:

I thought we have done a pod together this season? Although it's possible we haven't as I don't think I've had a go at Imran's Stupid Game since winning the full length pilot episode in preseason

Amir

I found it a little funny to hear the discussion about the front three that will fire us back up against. Kind of feels like discussions I've heard until January 2020, as if there was some mixture involving formations or players which would get us going. I don't think there is.

In the past year we've added Cavani's natural number 9 abilities and Greenwood's finishing, but overall I don't think we're a better attacking unit as a team than we were a year back. It all comes down to Fernandes. If he plays well, we're a totally different team. If he's out or having a bad day, we're not much more than the January 2020 team again.

nikineil

@Annihilate Now! Need to up your intro game now! Although, ISG is a mega hit, so maybe every podcast without Imran needs something similar.

Coming back to the game, I honestly dont know if the front 3 are to blame entirely. Its not like Mourinho first season, where Zlatan was hitting post after post game after game and Pogba was being denied all these assists. Granted, our forwards have missed some shockingly straightforward games, like Rashford in this game (granted I feel Leno would have blocked that if I am being honest), but I feel if Bruno has a bad game, we dont seem to create these quality chances for our forwards to finish. Did like AWB's cross that Cavani (Martial) missed, so glad that "attacking" version of AWB is starting to show up.

Grand scheme of things, 2 points from Sheffield and Arsenal are ok. Don't agree with the notion that Mata or DVB deserve a crack at that RW spot. I think we experimented with that a few months ago and DVB was pretty poor. I think Diallo might be a better shout from the bench and I think Greenwood should continue owning that spot, given Dan James is nowhere to be seen.

All in all great pod as always. Love the segway from Diallo's b******s to manscaped. Which leads me to my question. Is the discount code applicable only in the UK?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I found it a little funny to hear the discussion about the front three that will fire us back up against. Kind of feels like discussions I've heard until January 2020, as if there was some mixture involving formations or players which would get us going. I don't think there is.

In the past year we've added Cavani's natural number 9 abilities and Greenwood's finishing, but overall I don't think we're a better attacking unit as a team than we were a year back. It all comes down to Fernandes. If he plays well, we're a totally different team. If he's out or having a bad day, we're not much more than the January 2020 team again.
I don't really agree with that because our problem at the moment is finishing and the problem preBruno was creativity

For this game specifically Bruno was not great but that's nothing to do with Rashford and Cavani missing good chances.

The biggest issue has been Martial's drop in form - he was deadly last season but low on confidence at the moment. Greenwood has also not been as good but then he was unlikely to keep up his frankly ridiculous hit rate

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
@Annihilate Now! Need to up your intro game now! Although, ISG is a mega hit, so maybe every podcast without Imran needs something similar.

Coming back to the game, I honestly dont know if the front 3 are to blame entirely. Its not like Mourinho first season, where Zlatan was hitting post after post game after game and Pogba was being denied all these assists. Granted, our forwards have missed some shockingly straightforward games, like Rashford in this game (granted I feel Leno would have blocked that if I am being honest), but I feel if Bruno has a bad game, we dont seem to create these quality chances for our forwards to finish. Did like AWB's cross that Cavani (Martial) missed, so glad that "attacking" version of AWB is starting to show up.

Grand scheme of things, 2 points from Sheffield and Arsenal are ok. Don't agree with the notion that Mata or DVB deserve a crack at that RW spot. I think we experimented with that a few months ago and DVB was pretty poor. I think Diallo might be a better shout from the bench and I think Greenwood should continue owning that spot, given Dan James is nowhere to be seen.

All in all great pod as always. Love the segway from Diallo's b******s to manscaped. Which leads me to my question. Is the discount code applicable only in the UK?
It should work in North America too, let us know if any issues

I don't remember VdB playing right side, I'm not sure if it's the solution but it's worth a try. I'd start Greenwood there tomorrow though.

Amir

I don't really agree with that because our problem at the moment is finishing and the problem preBruno was creativity

For this game specifically Bruno was not great but that's nothing to do with Rashford and Cavani missing good chances.

The biggest issue has been Martial's drop in form - he was deadly last season but low on confidence at the moment. Greenwood has also not been as good but then he was unlikely to keep up his frankly ridiculous hit rate
The mere presence of Fernandes on the pitch helps even on his off days because the defences are so worried about him, it gives other players more space.

Finishing wasn't the problem against Sheffield United. As for Arsenal, if you only create a couple of good chances, the issue should be why you didn't create more rather than missing them. Same, in a way, against Liverpool - a match in which we creatred nothing offensively for most of the game only to complain about a couple of (terrific) late chances.

Like I said, for me we're no better as a team than a year ago. It's the individuals that carry the attack and if they are not sharp we've got nothing to fall back on.

RedIan

Do we really need a report to tell us this. It was obvious to all shelf’s first goal was a clear foul on Degea. Maguires goal look good to me but i dont see a foul.

either way we still played absolute sh1te - shelf’s 2nd goal was an embarrassment And an abject lesson in how not to defend like statues.