United's Attack...

The Irish Connection

We defended well the whole game though. They had 2 half chances in the whole game and nothing else. That just happens in football, especially away to a decent side. Not a single problem today was down to the defence. As you say, eventually they get confidence and if they take their chance, it's very hard for us to turn it around especially without martial/pogba and Rashford not being fit.
Yes, fair point. I just feel for about 15 minutes before half time we defended poorly as a team, more so from the midfield areas and got over run. You could see the goal coming then as they had taken the momentum.

I’ve heard people saying pereira looked better in the middle. But this once again comes down to us not signing a right winger when one has been desperately needed for years. If we signed a decent right winger, we could have played pereira in midfield. We’ve dithered with signing midfielders also for years.
Common denominator being the board.

JMack1234

Our attack is horrible.

I'm sorry but Pereria is appalling and should not be in the same orbit of Manchester United starting 11.
Rashford is a good player but is clearly still learning to be a CF and he's injured now and oh he was in poor form before that.
James is a very good prospect but was clearly meant to be a rotation popping up in the Europa League and the cups
Mata is past it
Greenwood is 17
Lingard is in atrocious form
Chong might not actually be that good
Angel Gomes has played a grand total of 4 Premier League games
Martial is a good player.

Relfy

We sold our most consistent scorer and never replaced him and those goals so we were always going to struggle this year. Rashford and Martial are worth 10-12 goals per season which isn't enough, and not enough goals from other areas. If we had of signed one of Dybala or Mandzukic then we would not be as deep in the shite as we currently are. Woody has pulled the wool over eveyones eyes again - another failed window for him and all the fans go calling for the manager to be sacked while he stays cosy.

For what it's worth I agree with the sale of Lukaku, just disagree with not replacing him in any way shape or form.

meamth

Is it the real problem? We have failed to score for the 1st time this season but we are leaking goals at the other end. We had a run of 1-0s with an attack of Ronaldo, Rooney, Berba, Tevez, Nani under SAF, that won us the 2008/09 title, we added only James in the attack but added Maguire and AWB to stop the goals conceded.

Why are we just blaming the attack?
Because all the name you mentioned are world class goal scorers. Right now we have none. That's the difference. In any game during that era you know one of those guys will score however boring the game was.

Right now, we're stuck with a Ronaldo wannabe, Martial (who is always injured when he hits some form), and a kid. We're shooting ourselves on the foot.

meamth

I mean look at West Ham, Haller in particular didn't play well, but they certainly have someone who can hold the ball to bring others to play. We're missing that player at the moment.

Most of the time, we pass to Rashford and he tries to beat them with "pace". FFS, shield it with your back and hold it, pass it to others if you can't go anywhere.