Unpopular (AKA fickle) opinion time on AWB.....

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Coming along nicely. In the build up to Masons goal he would without doubt have taken the easy pass back to Bruno last season. Instead he took the initiative and got his assist. Pleased for him

Dr Foo

He has improved such that both our fullbacks are now decent, working outlets for our attack (with the left still much stronger of course). With Greenwood firing again, they can build on that. We will need to find or groom a reliable backup for him.

Betson

I think he has turned out to be a quality signing and improving with each game.

thepolice123

He's improved his attacking play a lot in recent months. Just plays with much more confidence these days and his teammates trust him on the ball as well. I think because of that our attack has become more balanced instead being left-sided heavy.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think his defence has worsened a bit whilst his attacks have improved.

That's fine for me because as he develops its all about finding that balance.

Abraxas

His passing has definitely started to look neater since we first bought him. He is still quite safe with his forward play but this is probably a good thing at the moment - give the ball to the more threatening players. He seems to be quietly ticking along quite nicely at the moment, putting in decent performances if not particularly outstanding.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Definitely making strides with his link up play and in general seems to be more confident with the ball at his feet. Was critical of him at points this season, so credit where it's due.

RUCK4444

He gets dragged too narrow very often, I honestly think this was a tactic when we were super poor defensively, to cover the CB’s and it’s stuck.

PoTMS

Pretty obvious he needs upgrading. I find it quite funny some people think he has a chance of making the England squad.

Godfather

Just like Shaw is biggest weakness is that he can't hold a line. And that's really really crucial for a FB.

NewYorkRed

He is such a bad footballer. Just because he makes some good last ditch tackles doesn’t mean he should start for ManUtd. His positional sense stinks, and he has no football skills. Should not be on a top team, and no this isn’t an overreaction to the red.

GlasgowCeltic

I reckon he's secretly got a brilliant first touch but why deny himself the chance to do a bit of tackling

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Red cards can happen, wouldn't go overboard criticising him on that score.

But his technical limitations are very evident generally and just as much so today. With so much quality around him he stands out as a weak spot technically.

Tbf we were obviously interested in Trippier, so it's not like we don't know it's an issue. Hopefully Dalot does well and stakes a claim to be serious competition.

Woodenlung

Thought he was playing quite well until the red.voitbinna very good deep cross that the keeper had to scramble to catch. Also made some good forwards runs. His red came from playing an attacking one two with VDB. But essentially his sloppy technique got him sent off.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Red cards can happen, wouldn't go overboard criticising him on that score.

But his technical limitations are very evident generally and just as much so today. With so much quality around him he stands out as a weak spot technically.
+1 It's ridiculous that he got an unfortunate red card, and immediately "fans" are piling up on him. Disgraceful.

AWB is not the best right back, but he isn't the weakest link in our squad and generally is adequate.