Uruguay withdraw Cavani call up

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

Presumably a deal done so he doesnt need to travel/quarantine so much then?

SATA

So he's staying back in Manchester for the international break then? Unleash him and Ronaldo up top together against Newcastle

SirAnderson

Good. Not sure how he is feeling about the whole situation. The "???" he posted regarding the PL clubs decisions was pretty interesting though.

He still has a part to play and hopefully all that has transpired so far in his England experience hasn't affected him too much.

Djemba-Djemba

I think a Utd fan channel on Youtube worked it out and he would miss something like 20 games for Utd this season if he went to every international and restrictions stayed as they are throughout the campaign.

Good. Not sure how he is feeling about the whole situation. The "???" he posted regarding the PL clubs decisions was pretty interesting though.

He still has a part to play and hopefully all that has transpired so far in his England experience hasn't affected him too much.
I think he genuinely hates the FA and the English football setup after the discrimination thing. Hopefully he sees the club stood by him though.

LoneStar

Good for us I guess. But hope he's genuinely okay with it. Hasn't had a particularly pleasant experience with the English FA so far.

Also hope the fans chant his name and make him feel supported in the Newcastle game.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

His reaction could have been because the players were not consulted.

Skills

Snitch
Would be a bit of a pisstake if he doesn't play much after the next international break anyway, because of Ronaldo's arrival

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I guess Tabárez is thinking he wants him fit and firing for the October round (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia) and disrupting him with quarantines, no training/playing won't help. United aside, I was worried about that too.

In theory, we should be able to pick up points vs Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador without him in September. In practice, we played out two scoreless draws with him suspended in June and won't pick up more than 8 points from those 6 games. More likely 5.

Goodbye Qatar.

SirAnderson

His reaction could have been because the players were not consulted.
I wonder why other players at the club didn't have a similar reaction then. I would think some will be more upset about it, while others will be maybe relieved.
Ole's position is clear though, he says to put employers before country. Not sure how that has gone down with Cavani and others.

SirAnderson

I think he genuinely hates the FA and the English football setup after the discrimination thing. Hopefully he sees the club stood by him though.
And I wouldn't blame him for it. However it's about his club as well, and with how he is branded as a professional, I would assume he understands the position the club is in. September the fixtures will be days apart and we will need every player available. Think there is like 3 days between some of the games in Sept. He will definitely be needed.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think a Utd fan channel on Youtube worked it out and he would miss something like 20 games for Utd this season if he went to every international and restrictions stayed as they are throughout the campaign.
Just PL or including cups?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good for us and some stuff has to work for us. We did give him an extended summer off, missing some games.

Daonico

According what I read over here, the deal is he would miss this one, which would allow him to keep getting games and fitness anyway, but he would come to the one in october.
I hope a more real solution is found, avoiding the quaritines or get the international breaks together so player don't have to come and go all the time.

On the Uruguayan side, I can't see us scoring much now, I guess we can safely join in the boycotting of the qatar world cup :lol:

Sylar

According what I read over here, the deal is he would miss this one, which would allow him to keep getting games and fitness anyway, but he would come to the one in october.
I hope a more real solution is found, avoiding the quaritines or get the international breaks together so player don't have to come and go all the time.

On the Uruguayan side, I can't see us scoring much now, I guess we can safely join in the boycotting of the qatar world cup :lol:
It's probably for another thread but by then it's possible the country may be moved to amber, or there's special dispensation where he isolates but then takes a test for a few days

We just got him back so it's good that he's missing this round. Hopefully he gets to his sharpest and our attacking options is looking stronger with games and time

antohan

It's probably for another thread but by then it's possible the country may be moved to amber, or there's special dispensation where he isolates but then takes a test for a few days

We just got him back so it's good that he's missing this round. Hopefully he gets to his sharpest and our attacking options is looking stronger with games and time
Red listed TPLSAC

The most absurd part is this round starts with an away game but then has two home games against direct competitors. Cavani could have flown for these two, to a city where 75% of the population is on two doses and 20% already had a booster. Absolutely no need to quarantine.

Instead, he is forced to skip it and join in October for the least likely point-getters (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia). Again, two of those games are at home, he could come, play, and miss the obvious red lister that Away to Brazil is (feck all points to get anyway). But no, he will get quarantined unnecessarily.

Having dropped points where we shouldn't, there's absolutely no chance Cavani doesn't 100% have to come back again in November. Two aways against direct competitors deep in red list. That's the only round quarantine should have ever been in the cards.

Poor from the club not to work on the handful of players affected and making a case where there is one to be made.

"I know who my employer is", lazy as feck that is.

Sylar

Red listed TPLSAC

The most absurd part is this round starts with an away game but then has two home games against direct competitors. Cavani could have flown for these two, to a city where 75% of the population is on two doses and 20% already had a booster. Absolutely no need to quarantine.

Instead, he is forced to skip it and join in October for the least likely point-getters (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia). Again, two of those games are at home, he could come, play, and miss the obvious red lister that Away to Brazil is (feck all points to get anyway). But no, he will get quarantined unnecessarily.

Having dropped points where we shouldn't, there's absolutely no chance Cavani doesn't 100% have to come back again in November. Two aways against direct competitors deep in red list. That's the only round quarantine should have ever been in the cards.

Poor from the club not to work on the handful of players affected and making a case where there is one to be made.

"I know who my employer is", lazy as feck that is.
Well its not just our club, its the PL too who this is in conjunction with.
And that too, the government in terms of the way theyve done this.

I am stunned that with private testing, that sports athletes arent given special dispensation on this. Especially if like us all, they can get a test a day before they fly, then if needed, can do a test when they land, then again, a test a day later, and if needed, a third test. Essentially, you could have it as three tests when you land. (if all three negative, youre good).They offer a day 5 test to us all, for early release.

I think there was a way around this, if all involved, wanted.

antohan

Well its not just our club, its the PL too who this is in conjunction with.
And that too, the government in terms of the way theyve done this....

I think there was a way around this, if all involved, wanted.
Of course it's the government, and then the clubs. And no, they don't care or want to solve it.

I don't expect them to do jack, I expect US to do something about it. We haven't, we just pushed the "employer" angle. Well, that's going to come back to bite us. People will pin it on Edi, easy as it is ("Oi mate, you taking the piss? 10 weeks' wages away or in quarantine is about 2M quid!") but it's the club that has been at fault here.

I suppose it's easy enough for us to give it for granted players just care about the money and who pays them. Well no, they don't.