US Politics

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I do believe A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.the Antifa needs at some time to be turned into properly trained and armed Para-military organization.
as long as they are well regulated its surely essential that this happens...

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
American Exceptionalism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_exceptionalism

American exceptionalism is one of three related ideas. The first is that the history of the United States is inherently different from those of other nations.[2] In this view, American exceptionalism stems from its emergence from the American Revolution, thereby becoming what political scientist Seymour Martin Lipset called "the first new nation"[3] and developing a uniquely American ideology, "Americanism", based on liberty, egalitarianism, individualism, republicanism, democracy and laissez-faire economics. This ideology itself is often referred to as "American exceptionalism."[4] Second is the idea that the US has a unique mission to transform the world. As Abraham Lincoln stated in the Gettysburg address (1863), Americans have a duty to ensure, "government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." Third is the sense that the United States' history and mission give it a superiority over other nations.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/as-c...g-to-stop-progress_n_5d1bcf0ee4b07f6ca58598a9

this is a pretty infuriating article. liberals are bad folks. some choice quotes

More than 200 American cities now have median home values above $1 million
In March, neighborhood activists in Los Angeles threatened to sue the city over the installation of a 0.8-mile bike lane. Residents of Seattle’s wealthiest neighborhood demanded reserved seats on city buses and exemptions from road tolls in exchange for permitting a light-rail station. A crowd of more than 1,000 people booed a homeless man who got up to speak in support of a new shelter in Salt Lake City.
“This isn’t about a bus lane, this is about how much say communities have in government planning,” said Arthur Schwartz, an attorney and a district leader for the Manhattan Democratic Party. For nearly two years now, Schwartz and his neighbors in Greenwich Village have been fighting against a proposed bus lane on 14th Street in Manhattan. Giving priority to buses on the crowded thoroughfare, they say, will push cars and trucks onto residential roads nearby, worsening pollution and increasing ground vibrations, which could harm the neighborhood’s century-old buildings.
there shouldn't be personal cars in manhattan for fecks sake

Drifter

American
Nancy Pelosi Trashes Left Wing of Democratic House in Interview as ‘Four People’

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi criticized left-wing Democratic congressmembers’ opposition to a border security bill, saying “they didn’t have any following.”

“All these people have their public whatever and their Twitter world,” she said. “But they didn’t have any following. They’re four people and that’s how many votes they got.”

Pelosi made the remarks in an interview with New York Times opinion columnistMaureen Dowd, who asked her about Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Rashida Tlaib, Ilhan Omar and Ayanna Pressley criticizing the passage of a Senate version of a bill funding border security initiatives.

“If the left doesn’t think I’m left enough, so be it,” she said. “As I say to these people, come to my basement. I have these signs about single-payer from 30 years ago. I understand what they’re saying. But we have a responsibility to get something done, which is different from advocacy. We have to have a solution, not just a Twitter fight.”

While the House passed the Senate version of the bill, Pelosi also criticized Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, calling him “authentically terrible.”

With all due respect, the press likes to make a story that is more about Democrats divided than the fact that Mitch McConnell doesn’t care about the children,’’ Pelosi said.

Ocasio-Cortez responded in a tweet Saturday night.

Fergies Gum

This is Pelosi's daughter. Suspect a famous family living in Chappaqua are getting nervous with where this arrest may lead to.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I see the 8 year old doing AOC parodies had to quit due to death threats from the kool intellectuals.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Oh, I am relaxed. Just need to cover the bases since you have actual grown people here, or something trying to resemble it, taking offence at things like a 4chan frog with a Trump wig.
I'm not an expert, but I think there might be a subtle difference between taking offence at something and recognizing Alt-right dog-whistles for what they are.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I'm not an expert, but I think there might be a subtle difference between taking offence at something and recognizing Alt-right dog-whistles for what they are.
You know the story behind Pepe? I did not, but read up on it when I saw the reactions. Shit is plain ridiculous.

What people need to get is that to some of us it is a frog from a videogame used by anime virgins on 4chan to get a reaction out of people. It is not life or death or some fecking political statement.

Feck is this whistle thing, btw? Some new buzzword you young'uns are using?

nimic

something nice
Scout
What people need to get is that to some of us it is a frog from a videogame used by anime virgins on 4chan to get a reaction out of people. It is not life or death or some fecking political statement.
That's nice, but to a lot of people it clearly is a political statement. Memes are just memes 98% of the time, but sometimes they do actually signify something else. Which is how we end up with a terrorist livestreaming himself saying "subscribe to PewdiePie" before going on to murder people. That doesn't mean everyone who took part in the stupid "subscribe to PewdiePie" thing were terrorists, or were doing it for anything but the lulz, but for some people it was essentially a way to identify like-minded people without having to say something actually racist or extreme. Which brings us to:

Feck is this whistle thing, btw? Some new buzzword you young'uns are using?
A dog whistle is a coded message disguised in otherwise innocuous language, letting people know you're in on the truth, but giving plausible deniability to anyone who isn't in on it. Like saying "urban" or "inner city" when your really mean "the blacks" (and really really mean something even worse).

It's really not a very new concept.