US Politics

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Glenn Jacobs (Kane) from WWE is elected as mayor of Knoxville TN.

Fun fact UT Knoxville was one of my college options as they offered me a tuition grant, me and my grandad went there for a campus visit and the first thing we saw was a preacher shouting on the campus that all the debauchers were going to hell. Needless to say the bible belt lived up to its name.
That's not unique to just the south. Those types are everywhere, even in Orlando (strongly liberal area) where I went to university.

Here is a picture I took with one back then while he was literally in the middle of screaming at everyone.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
That's not unique to just the south. Those types are everywhere, even in Orlando (strongly liberal area) where I went to university.

Here is a picture I took with one back then while he was literally in the middle of screaming at everyone.
Lol.

I ended up going to Missouri and never seen one of those on campus.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'm struggling to understand the dog-eat-dog mentality of conservatives. The ones I discussed with on Reddit seem to give no fecks about workers and poor people in general.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Cuban? What has he done?

I'll be watching the nomination process and the platforms that are final.

If it is another corporate takeover, I'm out.
Reality show star, billionaire, led the Mavs to a title a few years back. Definitely a strong POTUS contender.

Nikhil

Cuban? What has he done?

I'll be watching the nomination process and the platforms that are final.

If it is another corporate takeover, I'm out.
I'd go stark raving mad if it is anyone but Bernie. But in a place like the US which is all about celebrity culture, especially after Trump, you can see how some people will be willing to support a smooth talking, smart billionaire who is in the sports industry. Especially after they won the title in 2011. It is sadly how the US is, especially in the age of the Kardashians, Kanye, Trump, oprah winfrey etc. Celebrity reigns supreme.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Reality show star, billionaire, led the Mavs to a title a few years back. Definitely a strong POTUS contender.
My point was. what service has he done?

The corporatists will want him.

What will change? Deacdes of these type of politicians have decimated the party of the working man.
To steal Trump's favourite phrase. The Fake News does not cover the Real issues in this country. 80% of the country living from paycheck to paycheck. A serious illness or a major car repair away from being totally shattered.
Children going to bed hungry.
People doing 2 or 3 jobs just to make ends meet.

Most of these politicians have no clue about the real America...or they don't care.

The needs of the many far outweights the wants of the few.

There must be no compromise.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
My point was. what service has he done?

The corporatists will want him.

What will change? Deacdes of these type of politicians have decimated the party of the working man.
To steal Trump's favourite phrase. The Fake News does not cover the Real issues in this country. 80% of the country living from paycheck to paycheck. A serious illness or a major car repair away from being totally shattered.
Children going to bed hungry.
People doing 2 or 3 jobs just to make ends meet.

Most of these politicians have no clue about the real America...or they don't care.

The needs of the many far outweights the wants of the few.

There must be no compromise.
I see your point but if we're honest, nothing will change even if a few more progressives are elected. It would take a complete progressive takeover and rebirth of the Dem party, in concert with a galvanizing Presidential candidate who could bind it all together to see any tangible change on policies like healthcare, education, criminal justice reform etc. That won't be happening anytime soon since the Dem party itself is still largely PAC/donor driven and they haven't yet had the establishment v anti-establishment fight, the results of which would inform which direction the party goes in. At best (and I'm being very generous here) I can't see a medicare for all policy being implemented any time before 2030 or thereabouts. Until we reach that point, the Dems are still responsible for keeping healthcare as universally accessible and affordable as possible which will entail some degree of patchwork on the ACA to drive premiums down again.

Red Dreams

I see your point but if we're honest, nothing will change even if a few more progressives are elected. It would take a complete progressive takeover and rebirth of the Dem party, in concert with a galvanizing Presidential candidate who could bind it all together to see any tangible change on policies like healthcare, education, criminal justice reform etc. That won't be happening anytime soon since the Dem party itself is still largely PAC/donor driven and they haven't yet had the establishment v anti-establishment fight, the results of which would inform which direction the party goes in. At best (and I'm being very generous here) I can't see a medicare for all policy being implemented any time before 2030 or thereabouts. Until we reach that point, the Dems are still responsible for keeping healthcare as universally accessible and affordable as possible which will entail some degree of patchwork on the ACA to drive premiums down again.
None of us can see into the future.
The way to drive change is the Vote.
To accept injustice which is what we have now is to be part of it.

Another Trump or Pence term will just bring into view the anarchy that already exists to the surface.

The great men and women who fought against greater odds and changed the world at great sacrifice to themselves did not expect that everything will be perfect because of their actions. They knew others would take up the cause.
It is that unwillingness to accept injustice that brought freedom to nations and to peoples.

In the primaries and in November we must vote for the Cause.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
None of us can see into the future.
The way to drive change is the Vote.
To accept injustice which is what we have now is to be part of it.

Another Trump or Pence term will just bring into view the anarchy that already exists to the surface.

The great men and women who fought against greater odds and changed the world at great sacrifice to themselves did not expect that everything will be perfect because of their actions. They knew others would take up the cause.
It is that unwillingness to accept injustice that brought freedom to nations and to peoples.

In the primaries and in November we must vote for the Cause.
This is why the Dems need some degree of solidarity between establishment and anti-estbalishment factions over the next few cycles. The "my way or the highway" approach will only keep the party splintered in the face of Trump's reelection campaign which will quite likely result in his reelection.

Last edited:

Red Dreams

This is why the Dems need some degree of solidarity between establishment and anti-estbalishment factions over the next few cycles. The "my way or the highway" approach will only keep the party splintered in the face of Trump's reelection campaign which will quite likely result in his reelection.
If the nomination process is above board I can get behind whoever it is.

But with the DNC that is a big ask.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not surprised that Owens and her benefactor would get accosted. Was inevitable that both sides would run into each other at some point.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
either Trump has something on him or the Russians do.

He was always a snake.
He's a complete charlatan - claims he's some sort of righteous libertarian and privacy advocate, then turns into a major Trump/Kremlin sycophant. At least his Dad had some degree of a more stable platform that he rarely diverged from.

Red Dreams

He's a complete charlatan - claims he's some sort of righteous libertarian and privacy advocate, then turns into a major Trump/Kremlin sycophant. At least his Dad had some degree of a more stable platform that he rarely diverged from.
agree.

You will see on the Kavanaugh vote how many Republicans are willing to give Trump a pass.

Rosenstein and Mueller place the country before party.

How many Republicans will do this.

SalfordRed1960

Sounds like you're throwing a lot of feces against the wall in the hopes that some of it sticks. These are all completely different issues that have to be evaluated on their own merits. The Iran and Paris deals for example, have nothing to do with one another and have completely different outcomes - one on foreign policy and the other on environmental policy. The stock market is doing great, I'll give you that, but it was in pretty good shape when he took the baton from Obama.
The debate was whether he had done any good. Pretty open ended. So I gave a list of things that currently are not bad. Seems that those who oppose Trump just see everything as bad. So highlight it, be specific, just because you hate the guy, are deep into some ideology, doesn't mean everything outside your ideology is shite.

Red Dreams

The unprovoked invasion of neighboring countries and the murder of over six million innocent people aside, Hitler's war effort is credited with causing several scientific advances and the creation of products we still use today (the Volkswagen, rocket engines, and jet propulsion are three examples). Hitler also built a much needed infrastructure in Germany, including dams, railroads, and the world's first national highway system (the Autobahn). I suppose you could say these are positive contributions to the world.

Drifter

American
Here's the Rosie O'Donnell video . She's right about the rallies and main stream media.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
You d figure there are a few things Trump has success with pretending to be doing the Dems can easily make their own like patriotism, benefiting the middle class, boosting the economy even more (since that despite whether you think Trump is responsible for it - is an argument that's hard to win right now), calling him out on the things he simply gutted like healthcare etc, take a proper approach to fixing immigration, etc. all the while simply restoring civility to the process. Make America Proud/Respected Again.

He s been such a mess it's easy to absorb some of his message and make it their own.

Last edited:

Nucks

RT History Department
The unprovoked invasion of neighboring countries and the murder of over six million innocent people aside, Hitler's war effort is credited with causing several scientific advances and the creation of products we still use today (the Volkswagen, rocket engines, and jet propulsion are three examples). Hitler also built a much needed infrastructure in Germany, including dams, railroads, and the world's first national highway system (the Autobahn). I suppose you could say these are positive contributions to the world.
You're off by juuuuuuuuuuuust a little. It was 6 million Jews, 4 million other civilians were murdered along with them, and then on top of that, there are the 14 odd millions Soviet civilians who died as a result of his invasion. So let's just call it off by 20 million.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
What would that be, covert racism and a conspiracy nut?