Usa 2010

MUFC07

United will be in Guadalajara on 30 July, (more or less). Should take advantage of this and go all over the country.

Please? :)

TomClare

United are going to play in Toronto, Boston, Philadelphia, and Houston before heading off to Guadalajara. They are scheduled to play in the MLS All Star game here in houston and they are haggling about the date with MLS at the moment. It will either be on July 27 or 28th I believe. United want the 27th ... MLS want the 28th...as soon as it is sorted the tour should be announced.

VoetbalWizard

Saw 'em play Celtic in Philly (2004?) and that was lots of fun. Smudger got a goal.
ah didn't go to that one as i knew united were going to bring mainly the kids over due to euro 2004. United in 2003 in the US was a success. They got hammered in 2004 by the press however because they brought over a reserve side essentially due to euro 2004.

that is my fear of this year's tour. Doing tours in the same summer as the world cup/european championship is bound to be dull as it becomes more of a reserve side that comes out instead of it being like in 2003 where the full team came.

that said, i'll probably go to the philly game this season if it is good opposition. I hope it isn't some SPL side.

Shimo

United are going to play in Toronto, Boston, Philadelphia, and Houston before heading off to Guadalajara. They are scheduled to play in the MLS All Star game here in houston and they are haggling about the date with MLS at the moment. It will either be on July 27 or 28th I believe. United want the 27th ... MLS want the 28th...as soon as it is sorted the tour should be announced.
Spoke to a friend who is a manager at the Hyatt downtown and she said United won't stay at the MLS hotel (which the Hyatt is).

Can't wait for them to come. Seems like you have some inside knowledge Tom - post when you find out for sure ;). I can't wait.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Philly!!! I'll have to head up for it. Much better than having to go to Boston.

redfromcanada

I can somewhat ascertain that Toronto may be the first stop on the tour with the date likely being either the 16th, 17th or 18th of July. That is the only real open window for dates at the Rogers Centre, where the match is likely to be played. I know that Toronto FC won't be playing them due to the lack availability of dates for them (they have a MLS match away on the 17th). I've heard through excellent sources that Celtic will be the opponent, which is very disappointing, although the atmosphere should be good.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I'll be going to Philly as well. We'll have banners for Caf.

Idea 1 : 'Red Cafe Posters MUFC Support'
Idea 2 : United, RedCafe, Booze. In that order. In spite of Dumpstar'

Chris H

Video Posting God
I'm probably in for Houston. Hope they get they dates finalized soon so the tickets can go on sale.

Shimo

Pre-sale for Man Utd at the All Star Game Houston July 28th just went out.

Friend who gets information about Houston Texans (American Football team in Houston) just got email with way to buy tickets. Tickets range from $35 to $90

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
With the rumors about KC, is the Philadelphia date for sure? It's the best one for me, and apparently a lot of people on here. We should definitely meet up before the match. :devil:

mswiss

i would like to second that... hopefully being a union season ticket holder gets me in on a presale.

Shimo

Got me, my 4 year old and a friend tickets. They are in section 106 row AA (hopefully that means closer to the field) but, at least will be near the benches.

Shimo

I can't wait to watch Berbatov play .... sorry but, with every thread devolving into a Berba-debate, I couldn't resist.